MOTM vs Pompey (FA Cup Final)

loz

Who was your MOTM in the FA CUp Final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM in the FA CUp Final?

• Cech
    • A Cole
    • Terry
    • Alex
    • Ivanovic
    • Ballack
    • Lampard
    • Malouda
    • Drogba
    • Kalou
    • Anelka
    • Belletti
    • Sturridge

Went with Anelka. Could have gone with Cech who saved out necks a couple of times, or Drogba who had two amazing freekicks and scored on one of them winning us the game, or even Ivanovic who I thought was brilliant yet again.

But Anelka worked really well and created alot for us today and since he rarely gets much praise I'll give him my vote today.

Still, could have given a vote to the entire team.

Anelka, Drogs and Cech all deserve praise, but Alex was the stand out for me. He was composed, never let anything passed him (but for that slip, which was the pitch's fault!) he was solid as a rock. JT and Alex - next season's partnership, Bruma and Ivan to cover. Good stuff.

Alex - Unsung hero of the season.

To be honest no stand out perofrmances but frankly dear I dont give a damn!!!!

DOUBLE WINNERS!!

agree with that but went for petr cech, who again lived up to the old cliche that the test of a great goalkeeper is that he's at his best even when he's had little or nothing to do all day.

I thought although Ash got caught out of position a couple of times he had a good game going forward, Alex was solid and JT although they didn't have that much to do.

I thought Frank had a good game bar the Penalty miss and Anelka again held the ball up well on occasion but my Vote gos to Drogba mainly for his free kick that bounced on or just behind the line which was a superb free kick and obviously his Goal.

Kalou was not as bad as people are going on about, without his glaring error he was a effectual as Malouda on the Day and was ok.

Went for Anelka myself. A constant threat on the left, created plenty of chances, could have scored himself.

But, as many have said, no stand-out performances. I can't imagine giving in to anyone in defense, though (save for Cech). They were well below par.

Archived