Never thought I'd say this !

coombsie
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I really never thought that I would say this but.......Neil Barnett came out with a brilliant quote on Chelsea TV last night, so good I now have it as my Facebook status !!!

He ended his review of the season by saying, "Chelsea Football Club - Making History & Liverpool Football Club - Becoming History"

I love it :D

Apologies if it has appeared elsewhere on here.

Neil Barnett is a prick in my opion hes smug arrogant everything i dont want chelse fans to be, i hate liverpool as much as anyone but lets not sink to there level. who gives a f**k if liverpool sing we have no history all real chelsea fans know we have a great history. we won a european trophy before liverpool ever did. We dont need Barnett saying stuff like that because it just shows we are listening to what the scousers say i just hate smugness Barnett is at chelsea a long time now he should know where we came from. Lets not go down the smug route. I was at many a game when Barnett was doing hes have time bit and he be's giving away fans stick thats not on. I dont have chelsea tv anymore used to really enjoy it till he starts talking sh*te,ok people on here will say he knows all the stats so would ou if they where on ur lap on a clipboard. he thing its he's show but its not its the fans show,but yet he keps jumping in on fans having there say on the phone. He's not a paying fan no one cares what he thinks its the fans show not he's. See that hate he was wearing on the double winning parade what a tosser. lol. rant over. sorry

Neil Barnett is a prick in my opion hes smug arrogant everything i dont want chelse fans to be, i hate liverpool as much as anyone but lets not sink to there level. who gives a f**k if liverpool sing we have no history all real chelsea fans know we have a great history. we won a european trophy before liverpool ever did. We dont need Barnett saying stuff like that because it just shows we are listening to what the scousers say i just hate smugness Barnett is at chelsea a long time now he should know where we came from. Lets not go down the smug route. I was at many a game when Barnett was doing hes have time bit and he be's giving away fans stick thats not on. I dont have chelsea tv anymore used to really enjoy it till he starts talking sh*te,ok people on here will say he knows all the stats so would ou if they where on ur lap on a clipboard. he thing its he's show but its not its the fans show,but yet he keps jumping in on fans having there say on the phone. He's not a paying fan no one cares what he thinks its the fans show not he's. See that hate he was wearing on the double winning parade what a tosser. lol. rant over. sorry

Have to agree, he came across as bitter, childish and very unprofessional, the type of remark you'd hear in the pub, not on T.V.

I think that is a bit harsh. Football fans spend half their time talking about how the powers that be at clubs aren't proper fans and when a club official makes the sort of joke that a fan would make (and has been made on here) they get hammered for it.

If, in his day, Jose made a remark like that we would be hailing him as a god for it.

Hey, I don't know about anyone else, but I think way deep down Liverpool helped us win the title this season, with Gerrard's so-called back pass, so I am not going to think too harsh of them for a while. Do I like Liverpool -- No, but I am not going to kick them while they are down, given the help we got from them.

I think that is a bit harsh. Football fans spend half their time talking about how the powers that be at clubs aren't proper fans and when a club official makes the sort of joke that a fa would make (and has been made on here) they get hammered for it.

If, in his day, Jose made a remark like that we would be hailing him as a god for it.

I thought jose used to say some silly things too. thats just my view on Barnett and i got it good from a friend who used to work at the club. actually have a funny story about Barnett my friend used to look after the mascots at chelsea so it give me the chance of going into the players dressing room before games,anyway i was standing in the players tunnel when the players where warming up against lecister city in 97 and was watching Barnett run through the teams on the mic,he was wearing headphones, the tunnel was abit different back then. He also had a cup of coffee it was roasting i could see the steam rising from the cup. when he finished running through the teams he put the mic down but lefted he;s headphones on,he went to walk of with hes coffee but was pulled back by the wires on the headphones, which made him destroy himself in roasting coffee he let out a screech. I was busting out laughing he was.nt to impressed lol. i guess you had to be there. chelsea won 2-1 that day i think. craig forrest played on goal remember him lol. like i said i guess you had to be ther.

Hey, I don't know about anyone else, but I think way deep down Liverpool helped us win the title this season, with Gerrard's so-called back pass, so I am not going to think too harsh of them for a while. Do I like Liverpool -- No, but I am not going to kick them while they are down, given the help we got from them.

I don't think Liverpool could have beaten us even if they had their best game of the season, they had us worried to begin with but I didn't really see any decisive chances created. Though I do agree, some Liverpool players didn't seem to be there to win but I don't feel indebted to them for it; its just their lack of integrity from clinging onto a 20 year old achievement because they'll never win anything else. :D

Barnett is a fanny! I used to have Chelsea TV, but I'd turn it whenever "Live From" cam on because I couldn't stand him. Folk wold be on thre saying "I remember back when we played away at Notts Forrest in (enter year here) and the final score was (enter score here), and we were having a great game, when all of a sudden......"

Barnett would hop in with "Sorry, I have to stop you there, the score was ACTUALLY (insert his score here); but continue!"

Look, I get it, you know your stuff, you are a walking Chelsea Almanac, but for f**ks sake get of your high horse you dick! His hat at the haf was him trying to be the center of attention, and the whole "East Stand...make some noiiiiseeeee!" Just does my tits in!

Couldn't care who said it, but anyone acting that way about their club is a smug bar steward. I'm prooud of Chelsea, and where we've come from, and where we are going. But I don't walk around like the "cock of the walk"

Barnett = Prick!

Barnett is a fanny! I used to have Chelsea TV, but I'd turn it whenever "Live From" cam on because I couldn't stand him. Folk wold be on thre saying "I remember back when we played away at Notts Forrest in (enter year here) and the final score was (enter score here), and we were having a great game, when all of a sudden......"

Barnett would hop in with "Sorry, I have to stop you there, the score was ACTUALLY (insert his score here); but continue!"

Look, I get it, you know your stuff, you are a walking Chelsea Almanac, but for f**ks sake get of your high horse you dick! His hat at the haf was him trying to be the center of attention, and the whole "East Stand...make some noiiiiseeeee!" Just does my tits in!

Couldn't care who said it, but anyone acting that way about their club is a smug bar steward. I'm prooud of Chelsea, and where we've come from, and where we are going. But I don't walk around like the "cock of the walk"

Barnett = Prick!

Excactly :D

Barnett = Prick!

You wasted far too much time writing that, should have just wrote the last sentence and left it at that. ;)

Guess you are a bigger person than I am but I hate them just as much as I did when they competed with us on the same level. The combination of Rafa-Carragher-Gerrard-Kuyt-Lucas and co is just something I despise. I have no respect for them.

If you are saying Gerrard gave us the game you didn't watch the game. Liverpool bended over from the first minute and let the champions roll to an victory. Could have been 6-0.

Guess you are a bigger person than I am but I hate them just as much as I did when they competed with us on the same level. The combination of Rafa-Carragher-Gerrard-Kuyt-Lucas and co is just something I despise. I have no respect for them.

If you are saying Gerrard gave us the game you didn't watch the game. Liverpool bended over from the first minute and let the champions roll to an victory. Could have been 6-0.

You may well be correct, Evissy, but something deep inside of me thinks that if we had not scored that first goal that was gifted to us by Gerrard, the game may well have ended scoreless, which would have given the title to ManU. I don't like their players as a whole, but I must say that I don't hate Kuyt, but rather I respect his tenacity and total football attitude. To me, Kuyt is like Mascherano, but without the dirty play.

Edited by Phillip

He shakes his head about too much and tries to hypnotise you with his crazy eyebrows and face expressions.

Dont hate him or love him........ he is a bit rude to callers, though..

Funny this has come up I was channel surfing last night and came across Liverpool FC TV (which is non subscription ) and the program was 10 teams you love to hate . There was an ex Liverpool player super sub Fairclough and 2 other “fans†offering “insightful†comments.

Thought I would see where we ended up and hear what they had to say about us . Well we came in third but the comments and vile and bitterness directed to us was unreal .

The one comment that stood out was that we are “ a no mark nothing club who came from nowhere †that never did anything to worry the mighty Liverpool about previously until a big sugar daddy came along ??

Oh well I had a double and laughed my socks off

Funny this has come up I was channel surfing last night and came across Liverpool FC TV (which is non subscription ) and the program was 10 teams you love to hate . There was an ex Liverpool player super sub Fairclough and 2 other “fans†offering “insightful†comments.

Thought I would see where we ended up and hear what they had to say about us . Well we came in third but the comments and vile and bitterness directed to us was unreal .

The one comment that stood out was that we are “ a no mark nothing club who came from nowhere †that never did anything to worry the mighty Liverpool about previously until a big sugar daddy came along ??

Oh well I had a double and laughed my socks off

funny as i seem to remember us getting into the CL at there expense just before Roman came. Must have dreamt it

I don't know if it winds them up even more .............

Any scouser should always be asked :

A) Who was the first team to field a non english starting 11 in top flight English football

that would be liverpool with the irish,scotish, and players from wales. which they all bought.

over here in ireland liverpool fans are all over the place i always ask them why they support liverpool, they use the whole liverpool being the second capital of ireland bullsh*te so ask them why not support everton the real liverpool club they dont know what to say. i was out having a smoke with my mate after we beat liverpool one nil 2007 i think, and some scouser said to my mate your only jumping on the banwagon, we both laughed considering my mates dad is from battersea. then i ask him when did he start supporting liverpool? which he replied proudly im supporting them since the 80s i said thats funny liverpool where winning everything in the 80s now piss off and leave us alone,he did'nt know what to say. typical irsh scouser. me and my mates where gettiing a taxi from liverpool city center out to arkles pub outside anfield,chelsea where playing everton in the carling cup semi final anyway the taxi driver was saying chelsea would be nobody with out romans money, he was saying money is ruining the game he wud'nt shut up. then the idot said wait till we got the arabs in then we'll show you. one minute he's giving out about money ruining the game then he wants the arabs to come in and spend spend spend. when i was paying him the fair i just said to him your the biggest d**khead ive ever met,the look on hes face was priceless.

that would be liverpool with the irish,scotish, and players from wales. which they all bought.

over here in ireland liverpool fans are all over the place i always ask them why they support liverpool, they use the whole liverpool being the second capital of ireland bullsh*te so ask them why not support everton the real liverpool club they dont know what to say. i was out having a smoke with my mate after we beat liverpool one nil 2007 i think, and some scouser said to my mate your only jumping on the banwagon, we both laughed considering my mates dad is from battersea. then i ask him when did he start supporting liverpool? which he replied proudly im supporting them since the 80s i said thats funny liverpool where winning everything in the 80s now piss off and leave us alone,he did'nt know what to say. typical irsh scouser. me and my mates where gettiing a taxi from liverpool city center out to arkles pub outside anfield,chelsea where playing everton in the carling cup semi final anyway the taxi driver was saying chelsea would be nobody with out romans money, he was saying money is ruining the game he wud'nt shut up. then the idot said wait till we got the arabs in then we'll show you. one minute he's giving out about money ruining the game then he wants the arabs to come in and spend spend spend. when i was paying him the fair i just said to him your the biggest d**khead ive ever met,the look on hes face was priceless.

Not a surprise, considering they bent over for Hicks and Gillett thinking the American investment was going to be what caught them up to the title challengers. They loved em after they spunked all that moey on Torres and Babel

Same for the much touted Dubai Investment Corporation and their "lifelong liverpool fan" chairman who had an LFC wallpaper on his mobile :)

Hypocrites to the last