Chelsea v FC Copenhagen (CL) 16/03/11 KO 19:45 GMT

Zeta

Should be a comfortable progression to the next round, but you never know. One early goal from them and anything could happen, so hopefully we'll get the early goal and settle a few nerves. Would be great to see Torres get off the mark, this is probably his best chance so far, home game against a weak opposition, in theory we should win by 3 or 4.

I'd go for something along the lines of:

Cech

Cole

Terry

Ivanovic

Ferreira

Ramires

Essien

Lampard

Kalou

Torres

Anelka

Cech

Cole

Terry

Ivanovic

Bosingwa

Ramires

Essien

Lampard

Zhirkov

Torres

Drogba

I think we need Torres and Drogba both scoring and fast, this is their best chance. Zhirkov gets another chance left midfield to prove his worth, Kalou could be a good option for that position also since Malouda is out of form

I think Kalou probably deserves a start after his good sub appearance against Blackpool. And for me Drogba is showing signs of stroppyness and he's possibly not liking not being the only high profile striker, so I think another benching for him might knock a bit of perspective into him...hopefully.

I think that Carlo put this line-up.

Cech

Bosingwa -Ivanovic -Terry -A. Cole/Zhirkov

Ramires -Essien -Lampard

Anelka -Torres -Kalou

Probably Mikel start for Essien if he will fit.

Edited by Zeros

Any updates on Drogba's limping off the field in match against Blackpool?

Squad selection will heavily depend on Drogba's fitness.

At this stage Nico seems sure starter unless Carlo wants to have another go on Drogba-Torres partnership in starting Line up.

Zhircov should start and as Luiz isnt there , Bosingwa should be preferred over Ferreira with Ivan moving to cent

Cech

Bosingwa -Ivanovic -Terry -Cole

Ramires -Essien -Lampard-Zhircov

Nico-Torres

Edited by Jawan

I'm presuming that Copenhagen can't be as bad again as they were in the first match.

On the other hand they do have to score twice so we should expect a reasonably open game which will suit us.

We mustn't be complacent and should look to kill the tie off in the first half.

I'd go with:

Cech

Ferreira

Ivanovic

Terry

Cole

Ramires

Essien

Lampard

McEachran

Torres

Anelka

Let Essien hold and Josh play in behind the strikers. I don't want Bosingwa anywhere near the starting line up. If Alex is fit then Ivan can switch out to right back.

I'd like to see Josh start, but realistically he won't. Maybe if we had been massively ahead from the first leg, eg: 4 or 5. But at 2 he won't risk him until we have scored a few more goals.

We are in an enviable position having defeated Copenhagen 2-0 away. The Torres-Anelka combination up front produced results with Anelka scoring the two goals. I expect Carlo to stick with the same 4-4-2 formation and if things are not working out then switch to a 4-3-3.

I am looking forward to a comfortable win.

I think against Copenhagen we should have the same team that finished the match against Blackpool - Kalou playing in the hole just off Torres, perhaps Zhirkov rather than Malouda, but I wouldn't be too fussy on who starts on the left. Kalou showed what he's good at on Monday, running at defenders, making space for players, like Lampard, to run into and score. If Nando picks up on this, they could actually flourish. Granted, I'm basing that on one 30 minute substitute appearance, but with a 2-0 away goals lead, I don't see why we can't give that a try.

------------------------------Cech

----Ferreira--------Ivan------------JT-----------Ashley

----Ramires------Essien-------Lampard------Zhirkov

-------------------Kalou

----------------------------------Torres

I think against Copenhagen we should have the same team that finished the match against Blackpool - Kalou playing in the hole just off Torres, perhaps Zhirkov rather than Malouda, but I wouldn't be too fussy on who starts on the left. Kalou showed what he's good at on Monday, running at defenders, making space for players, like Lampard, to run into and score. If Nando picks up on this, they could actually flourish. Granted, I'm basing that on one 30 minute substitute appearance, but with a 2-0 away goals lead, I don't see why we can't give that a try.

------------------------------Cech

----Ferreira--------Ivan------------JT-----------Ashley

----Ramires------Essien-------Lampard------Zhirkov

-------------------Kalou

----------------------------------Torres

That's the key word where Kalou is concerned.

I wouldn't mind giving Cole a rest. He has looked a bit out of form lately.

Cech

Ferreira - Ivan - JT - Yuri

Lampard - Mikel - McEachran

Anelka - Torres - Malouda

What's the latest on Yossi and Alex? Last I heard Yossi was back in training. Could he be ready for a comeback soon?

I think we should try something a little bit different. Not to take anything for granted but it's pretty difficult to imagine Copanhagen beating us at home by two goals. I'm not saying start Borini or anything but we could tinker with a different lineup/formation here and hope to figure out some stuff. This might be our last opportunity to do it this season.

I don't think we should take them for granted, if they score an early goal, it could get every interesting. Let's give Drogba and Torress another go together, hopefully they worked out something this week. Hopefully we can put a couple pass them by half time, then we can give the young guys or Alex ( if fit) some game time.

Cech

Bossy Ivan Terry Van A

Bison

Ramires Lampard Zhirkov

Anelka

Torres

Agree with giving Cole a rest, however I prefer Zhirkov further forward. I guess you could play Yuri at LB and Malouda or Kalou further forward.

Drogs had a shocker last time out.

Cech

Bossy Ivan Terry Van A

Bison

Ramires Lampard Zhirkov

Anelka

Torres

Agree with giving Cole a rest, however I prefer Zhirkov further forward. I guess you could play Yuri at LB and Malouda or Kalou further forward.

Van Aarnholt is 1) out on loan at Leicester and 2) injured.

Cech

Bossy Ivan Terry Van A

Bison

Ramires Lampard Zhirkov

Anelka

Torres

So did Zhirkov.

There is no doubt at all that Josh should start. He looked very assured against Blackpool and was the only player who could reliably find a blue shirt each time. He should thrive playing at home with a comfortable lead to start with and against a team who don’t exactly play physical football. There is a lot more to be gained by starting him and withdrawing him later if the need arises than putting him on for the last half hour when we might be say 4 up and the rest of the team are switching off and Copenhagen have given up.

I’m amused how people are saying Kalou should start after his good stint as a sub the other night. I hope that works out better than it did when Zirkhov started against Blackpool following his good sub appearance against Utd!! I too believed Yuri should start ahead of Malouda; but by God did he make us look silly for saying that!

Ultimately I expect a less than impressive performance but a pretty comfortable passage through to the quarters, irrespective of the line-up.

Want to see Josh come on for 2nd half at least, Zhirkov at LB if Cole really needs a rest.

Bosingwa infront of ferreira at RB simply because we will need him to regain his old form quickly.

Anelka and Torres up front, Kalou deserves to play but I would take him on as a sub around 60th min.

------------Cech------------

Bos--Ivan-----JT---Zhirkov

Ramires-Essien-Lampard-FloMo

-------Anelka------Torres

Cech

Cole

Terry

Ivanovic

Bosingwa

Ramires

Essien

Lampard

Zhirkov

Torres

Drogba

I think we need Torres and Drogba both scoring and fast, this is their best chance. Zhirkov gets another chance left midfield to prove his worth, Kalou could be a good option for that position also since Malouda is out of form

:yeahthat:

Start Mceachran. Really give him a chance to show everyone (again) how much we could do with someone with his talents. Then give Zhirkov another go at starting, Malouda can rot on the bench for a couple of matches till he gets his act together. Torres and Anelka up front.