Terry to get England captaincy back

chelseabootboy

Oh this will be fun, cant wait to see the moaning and whinging from fans over this, especially from dippers, mancs etc.

It didn't take long.

LINK

There goes any support for the national side that I may have had, I don't who care who is captain as long as its not terry who epitomises everything wrong about football...backward step as well.

- Danielle , liverpool, england, 12/3/2011 11:00

would not even have him in the squad.

- Mike November, London, 12/3/2011 9:21

very bad idea,if hes gonna do that ,thats like saying we might as well sell ourselves to the devil. no doubt about it hes gonna get booed big time

- george, liverpool, uk, 12/3/2011 1:38

To be fair there are plenty of pro Terry comments below the article, but in truth it's only a matter of time before hundreds of other dippers start spouting sh*t.

He should never have been dropped in the first place. I'm on the fence though about what he should do if offered it. He is a great leader and captain and part of me still wants him to be captain. But part of me also thinks he should tell Capello to f**k off and just retire from playing for England.

Didnt know that JT has the best winning % of any England captain EVER.

But yes, more comments as to why is isnt up to it..... If there was ever a need to round up all the supid/ignorant people, I would point the agency respobsible for such actions in the direction of sports comment pages.... 30k birds with one stone and all that

If I were JT, I'd tell Capello to stick it up his arse - not gonna happen though.

That sounds like your regular go-to line in most cases, doesn't it, BB? :laugh2:

I am sure Terry would relish the chance, but he should be ready for a new salvo of boes from just about all opposition supporters. It was a ridiculous decision to begin with, so if Capello admits as much by giving it back to him, some of the wrong will be righted.

Our old friend Pat Collins:

Terry back as captain? It's the last thing Fabio needs

The single most commendable act of Fabio Capello's time as England manager was his decision to relieve John Terry of the captaincy.

Terry, you will recall, had brought the position into tawdry disrepute on a number of occasions, most damagingly when his conduct made it impossible for Wayne Bridge to accompany England to the World Cup. Capello's dismissal of the Chelsea player was a small masterpiece of brutality.

Terry reacted with a truculent show of defiance when England's fortunes were at a low ebb in South Africa, crassly portraying himself as the de facto leader, the man for the crisis. 'I was born to do stuff like this,' he boasted. Unfortunately, he didn't do it terribly well. The rest of the squad declined to support him.

He concluded the World Cup by toiling in the slipstream of gifted German attackers as they scored four nonchalant goals with the air of men who were born to do such stuff against defenders like Terry.

He has not become a better player since then. Indeed, he frequently looks like a man whose various ailments are conspiring against him.

By cruel contrast, Chelsea's new Brazilian centre-back, David Luiz, is regularly demonstrating the value of a mobile, resourceful defender.

Luiz is clearly the future, Terry is from a different age.

And yet it is seriously suggested that Capello may now be minded to ditch his principles and judgment by reinstating Terry as national captain. We learned long ago that nothing is impossible in English football. But some things ought to be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1365666/Patrick-Collins-Only-prize-Champions-League-save-FA-Cup.html#ixzz1GWI1IZmL

What a joy it is to read the man's thoughts. He always writes so positively and objectively about us.

JT should tell him to go pound sand.

It should have never been taken from him in the first place.

He knows where he's loved, and that's right here in Chelsea blue. He is OUR captain, and damn proud to have him there. ::ChELSeAFaN::

I have a feeling Terry considers being the England captain such a big honor that he wouldn't be able to refuse if it was offered to him. Just out of curiosity... Has there ever been an English player who has refused to wear the captain's armband?

The latest Daily Fail take on the story LINK

You're my man! Capello chooses Captain Terry to lead England as Rio seethes

By MARTIN SAMUEL

Sports Journalist of the Year

Last updated at 10:54 PM on 14th March 2011

Comments (-)

Add to My Stories

Fabio Capello has confirmed John Terry has served his punishment and is ready to be restored as England’s ‘permanent’ captain.

Manager Capello will travel to Manchester to break the news to United defender Rio Ferdinand, following Sportsmail’s revelation on Saturday.

Officially, Capello is still considering the position and will wait to make a formal announcement until the eve of the match against Wales on March 26.

You're the one for me! Capello has chosen Terry over Ferdinand as England captain

He will not tell Ferdinand he has lost the job, but does not want to continue swapping the armband.

Convinced that Terry remains the outstanding leader in the squad, the Italian wishes to make him captain for the Wales game and beyond.

Capello wants to talk to the players involved first, but spoke to the media for the first time about the subject. ‘I think after one year of punishment that is enough for a mistake,’ he said.

‘For this reason, I need to make a decision about this problem. It does not need to be captain for one game, it needs to be permanent. Before I announce a decision I want to speak with Terry, with the players, but in the end it will be my decision.

'Rio was captain, but my first captain was John Terry. Rio was a good captain, so was Steven Gerrard, but I selected Terry first until his mistake.’

That mistake, of course, was Terry’s relationship with Wayne Bridge’s ex-partner Vanessa Perroncel. That proved the final straw, though Capello felt his regular appearances on the front pages had become a distraction for the team.

Now he has had time to reconsider.

Capello said the friendly against Denmark was the tipping point, seeing the armband passed to Frank Lampard in the first half, then Ashley Cole in the second half and finally Gareth Barry. Terry has not been captain, even temporarily, since being stripped of the role in February 2010.

Capello explained: ‘I was upset about the armband being passed around against Denmark. Who is the captain? Where is the armband? I do not like that. That was not a good moment for John Terry, either.

‘I did not expect to talk about the captaincy so much when I took the job, but I understand now it is really important in England. I took my decision after what I saw against Denmark, because it made me understand the value of the captain and the armband in England.

‘I didn’t like to see it going around the pitch. Until then, I had always had captains one, two, three, but then it was, “I’m captain, then I’m captainâ€. Now I will make it clear. I will decide.’

Capello is concerned about alienating his senior players and wishes to speak to all sides before revealing his decision, but his intentions were hard to disguise, particularly when referring to Ferdinand as captain in the past tense.

Indeed, his task in Manchester may first be to placate the United defender, who is known to be angry at the thought of losing the England captaincy having done nothing wrong. Last night, friends close to Ferdinand suggested he may decide to retire from international football, although Capello hopes this is not the case.

Ferdinand’s weakness, however, is that he has played for his country just four times in 11 games since getting the job.

Capello added: ‘Rio is captain now and I am not saying he is not a good captain. He was a fantastic captain. He is an important player, too.

‘First of all I want to know whether he will be fit. Then I will talk to him about what I will do with John Terry and whether I will make a new captain. I will explain what happened in Denmark, what I thought about that.

Plenty of Capello quotes in this article. Will he? Won't he? I wouldn't blame JT for telling him to stick it, the backlash is going to huge. If JT regains the captaincy, how long before a tabloid creates some bullsh*t to throw at him?

same sh*t mate the media will build another hate campaign against JT still wonder why shreik who got caught with his pants down with evedence to back it up only lasted a few weeks then was all forgoten the media can suck my sack!!

Amazingly a lot of keyboard warriors who write blogs/articles for sh*t sites like goal.com will tell you Terry isn't a good enough role model for the position, whilst Rooney apparently is.

how can the england captain be able to perform from the medical room rio "my body will ony allow me to play 15 games a season" ferdinand is a joke captain. What was fabios i will only pick players who are 100% fit and playing for there club policy i guess that got thrown out the window 6 months into his reign lol

how can the england captain be able to perform from the medical room rio "my body will ony allow me to play 15 games a season" ferdinand is a joke captain. What was fabios i will only pick players who are 100% fit and playing for there club policy i guess that got thrown out the window 6 months into his reign lol

What's the betting Rio declares himself fit so he can remain Captain for the upcoming Internationals. Be interesting what Baconface would make of it. I'm not convinced JT will be named Captain on a temporary or permanent basis, the backlash from many in the media will see that it won't happen. Capello says it's his decision, like it was when he stripped him of it in the first place, no of course not.

I might check out Republic of w**kunia tomorrow and see how many times they use the words f**k and c**t. It'll be in meltdown :laugh2: