Stoke City v Chelsea (PL) 02/04/11 KO 15:00 BST

Zeta

Let's not get carried away, Stoke are a decent side and have never lost at home by more than a 2 goal deficit, not that I can remember anyway. We never play well after internationals so I'd happily take a 1-0 then move on to United unscathed. I honestly think the Pikeys will take something from them in the Lunch time kick off and it would be so Chelsea like to slip up as well

Edited by Myles_91

The Stoke match will be a tough battle thats for sure.We will need to go toe to toe when it comes to the physical stuff,and if Luiz plays,it will be a real eye opener for him about what the premier league is about.However,if we can defend the balls into the box from set pieces,throw in's etc then we can hopefully get behind a slightly slow defence to nick the first goal and then push on for a second.I just hope Ryan Shawcross behaves himself and doesn't kick the cr*p out of our strikers.

Tricky game, especially after the international break and the CL match coming up. It will be a bit of eye opener for the Luiz who rarely played a side as direct as Stoke. I hope we start with Torress and Anelka, their speed and movement will cause the likes of Shawcross and Ruth a lot more trouble than the physical presence of Drogba.

Important to start off strong in this one, both teams have only dropped 4 points this season from a winning position, so expect whichever team scores first to win this one. I'd fancy us to take it 1 or 2 nil, Stoke don't have much firepower up front these days and their main threat is likely to be from set pieces which we should probably be well placed to deal with.

No problem with this game, we should be full of confidence especially the way we dispatched both Manchester teams, would like to see one of our strikers score for a change.

3-1 victory after being an early goal behind........ just as a wake up call. ::ChELSeAFaN::

I'm looking forward to going to an away match at 3pm on a saturday. I honestly can't remember the last one.

These sorts of games are a must win if we wish to remain title contenders.

Tough but more than winnable. One trick pony that lot coupled with playing "hard/physical". Pullis is a nob.

All Hudson fans will note that he normally prefers Stoke to beat us.

This match is also a big strategic opportunity. With the CL clash with United up next and they're playing a banana skin fixture in West Ham, coupled with their recent form, history of bad games after breaks and injury issues - we could really hammer their confidence over the next week in both competitions.