Random Rumours

Money

That's even worse we're buying a 30 year old that's unproven in this league and unwanted by Inter and is being shoehorned into an unnatural position...and we're expected to cough up £25-30m for this...err no thanks...if you want depth for RWB get Toljan for £13m and Barkley/Oxlaide Chamberlain for around £25m each...

Edited by doctorblue

1 minute ago, doctorblue said:

That's even worse we're buying a 30 year old that's unproven in this league and unwanted by Inter and is being shoehorned into an unnatural position...err no thanks...next...

Did you see the euros?

What about "wanted by Conte", the person whose tactics and personnel changes won us the PL.

2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

The good news is that this is all tabloid talk...prefer to go for the youth and grow a team over the next two years...we ain't Redknapp at Birmingham with his dad's army...

I would gladly go for the youth too. But our best options for RWBs are Aina (already on loan) and Tomori (who I feel is not ready). 

Would rather have a stop gap for a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I would gladly go for the youth too. But our best options for RWBs are Aina (already on loan) and Tomori (who I feel is not ready). 

Would rather have a stop gap for a couple of years.

Then consider Toljan for £13m or get the Ox for £25m both much better options than a 30 year old untested in this league and unwanted by a second rate italian team...

35 minutes ago, ManXunited said:

Chelsea, I quoted a post but it didn't show

I don't think so. Don't get me wrong I would love Chelsea to win it again but knowing Mou and his second seasons you guys are favorites together with City. But that is just me. Hope I'm wrong because would love the meltdown on redcafe :Troll_Face:

5 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Italian player, who played under our current manager for Italy. 

Hmmm, I would bet on it being Conte's Choice.

He can consider all he likes but ultimately it's the board who approves the deals...and I hope they dismiss this option...

Edited by doctorblue

Just now, doctorblue said:

He can consider all he likes but ultimately it's the board who approves the deals...and I hope the dismiss this option...

Hmmm, so you want the board to not give the PL winning manager the player he wants. Seems like the perfect solution to make a manager clearly a bit ruffled by our small squad to sign a contract extension.

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Hmmm, so you want the board to not give the PL winning manager the player he wants. Seems like the perfect solution to make a manager clearly a bit ruffled by our small squad to sign a contract extension.

I'm sure most of the time they're both on the same page but yes occasionally they might not agree about what's best...can't really see Conte walking over a 30 year Inter reject though...

1 minute ago, doctorblue said:

I'm sure most of the time they're both on the same page but yes occasionally they might not agree about what's best...can't really see Conte walking over a 30 year Inter reject though...

Inter "reject". Last time I checked he was an integral part of the Inter team. But thats fine, dont let facts distort your opinion.

Was luiz a PSG "reject" too?