Kalou throws a wobbler

clubhappy

Sorry if i missed this on the forum , heard a report on radio that Kalou threw a wobbler in the tunnel directed at Torres over him not getting started ahead of him , seemingly he had a go at either Torres or Carlo , i might have picked it up wrong but can anybody throw a bit of light on this ?

He didn't celebrate the goal and walked straight off after the match, but Talksport are the only ones saying he was upset in the tunnel.

No big deal if he was, he's played well recently, scored 15 goals this season and I guess he feels he is entitled to start over Torres. He probably is really, and I can understand him being frustrated given he has put together good performances all year, Torres scores and all of a sudden we're bending over backwards to get him into the team.

Those are just my thoughts but I'm sure the anti-Kalou brigade will have their two cents to say as well.

Think it is in the match chat thread, Iain. But the source was Talksport. However, I believe Hutch just said right after the game Kalou was interviewed on Chelsea TV and said he looked fine.

Not true but if it was would of been a stupid move from kalou with 3 games left.

Upseting team morale at a time like this wouldnt be ideal.

Still just a super sub and I think he know his place in the team.

Think it is in the match chat thread, Iain. But the source was Talksport. However, I believe Hutch just said right after the game Kalou was interviewed on Chelsea TV and said he looked fine.

That's right. He was asked directly about his reactions and replied just as directly that no he wasn't angry, and that he understood that the team comes first.

Now this might have been scripted, but looked genuine enough to me, not least because of the way he was laughing and joking with Frank Lampard. The interview was on "Extra Time At The Bridge" to be show again at 10:00 am today on Chelsea TV.

Oh and for all those who constantly slag off Kalou, this season he's scored 15 goals in all competitions, an excellent return from a player too often used as a scapegoat when things aren't going right on the pitch.

Edited by Hutch

He didnt look too happy when he scored and he s been looking upset in the last few appearences. When he came on for us against Manure he looked really disinterested. Fact is he has been consistant for us and scored. Hope he sorts out any issues. He maybe having personal problems, life doesn't revolve around the game.

I'm surprised this issue has been swept under the carpet. I assumed the re-opening of hostilities in the Ivory Coast was part of the reason for Drogba's drop in form earlier in the season.

This is common with African issues sadly. I spent 10 years living in Zimbabwe finally leaving when the British and European migrants were basically ousted. Whats going on in the Sudan, Congo, Ivory Coast and a host of other African nations are consistently overlooked and swept out of the public view for reasons I can't even fathom. Your asseveration that these problems affected Drogba and Kalou are astute though - if the same thing was happening in my country I know it'd ruin my day.

That article confirmed what I thought when I look at him, he looks like he's deeply upset about something and not just having a tantrum.

I thought he was upset about not starting the game but looks very much he protested on the problems in his country.

I was wondering why start now this uncharacteristic protest against Carlo for not picking him. Kalou isn't the type. He has more dignity than to start something like that.

I'm sure Chelsea is a big name in Ivory Coast because of Didi and Sala so anything they do will be followed there. Very subtle and peaceful way of protesting when you have so much power over people.

Doesn't the same article then go on to say he wants first team football, and isn't happy warming the bench?

I'm not saying that's the only problem, but maybe it's still a contributing factor.

I don't doubt he's upset about trumoil in his home country though.

don't blame him for being bit miffed..................as since blackpool away he has done well and probably has deserved a chance to start some PL games

but not if we play 442 cos his best role is widish in a 433

15 goals if very decent return

Doesn't the same article then go on to say he wants first team football, and isn't happy warming the bench?

I'm not saying that's the only problem, but maybe it's still a contributing factor.

I don't doubt he's upset about trumoil in his home country though.

i think it would be nice to see he and Didier do something when they combine for the winner against United.

I'm surprised this issue has been swept under the carpet. I assumed the re-opening of hostilities in the Ivory Coast was part of the reason for Drogba's drop in form earlier in the season.

Thought about this for a while, that the troubles in their respective country was giving them bigger concerns off the pitch. Drogba seems to be playing his way through it. Kalou isn't getting as much playing time, so what else is he going to think about?

I've noticed one or two postings on the site recently citing Sala as having scored 15 goals this season. He hasn't, he's scored 13 - 10 in the league, 2 in the FA cup and one in the Community Shield. Just wanted to put the record straight.

BTW Kalou is a god

I've noticed one or two postings on the site recently citing Sala as having scored 15 goals this season. He hasn't, he's scored 13 - 10 in the league, 2 in the FA cup and one in the Community Shield. Just wanted to put the record straight.

BTW Kalou is a god

Don't blame me blame Chelsea TV!

They repeatedly and deliberately stated that "Kalou has scored 15 goals this season"

If this has happened I'm a little disappointed in him to be honest, and I'm sure his teamates and management feel the same too.

Modern football at the highest level is a squad game, he knows that as do all of us. He knows the score and if he has kicked up a fuss for not being selected he is going to do himself more harm than good.

Before anyone calls me callous and heartless I'm very aware of what's happening in his homeland but if it's affecting him that much he shouldn't be making himself avaliable for selection.

Whatevers happening in the Boys head I couldn't care too much if he looks happy or crys like a baby, he scored the winner last time out and as long as he does his bit for the team I've got no complaints.

We get a lot of this looking deep type stuff into players moods but nobody can do any more than guess whats bothering them if anything, I would imagine hes worried about the goings on in his Country but it could have been a fall out with his Bird or he left a tenner in his jeans pocket and remembered the Launderette will be shut before he gets time to go and fish it out.

We've had the players not likeing Torres and not wanting to pass to him, that must be over after the scrum celebrations when he scored against the Hammers and I'm sure we'll have a few more bits of body language to pick up on before the end of the season but as long as its not obvious enough to have an impact on the play I for one would just say if hes got a problem or is worried about something I hope it turns out alright for him, oh and well done for scoring...