Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Related image The Shed at night.

Different atmosphere in the Shed at night games. Anyone go to the midweek night game against the pikeys circa 79?

A West Ham school mate had told me weeks before they were singing “ Were gonna take the Shed- again- and now your gonna believe us...”

I was in the Whitewall and being only about 5’4” at the time couldn’t see what was going on- they did take the middle but got run out once all the people that wanted to know got involved.

Think that was the first time in a good few meetings they didn’t take it.

29 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Different atmosphere in the Shed at night games. Anyone go to the midweek night game against the pikeys circa 79?

A West Ham school mate had told me weeks before they were singing “ Were gonna take the Shed- again- and now your gonna believe us...”

I was in the Whitewall and being only about 5’4” at the time couldn’t see what was going on- they did take the middle but got run out once all the people that wanted to know got involved.

Think that was the first time in a good few meetings they didn’t take it.

Unless it was really early I don’t remember them being anywhere in the Shed that night. I was by the Whitewall too. 

1 hour ago, the real shed end said:

Went to the home game in 1981,lost 1-0.

Pikey boys were in the shed that day. I was on the west side of the shed in front of the tea bar with my old uncle.

He said he was never going again and he never did.

Kicking off everywhere that day.

Pikies  from Stratford 

They only got as far as the bottom of the Shed next to the West Stand and were taken out as far as I recall. Can't say I was impressed by them it looked like a token gesture to me although I was only 14. There were a couple of photos on this forum of them surrounded by old bill.

Edited by bluehaze

1 hour ago, the real shed end said:

I was only 12 and it scared the s**t out of me. If I remember it was that season they divided the shed with a steel fence and you couldn't get from one side to the other. I could be wrong. 

No sounds right to me.

11 hours ago, the real shed end said:

Went to the home game in 1981,lost 1-0.

Pikey boys were in the shed that day. I was on the west side of the shed in front of the tea bar with my old uncle.

He said he was never going again and he never did.

Kicking off everywhere that day.

Pikies  from Stratford 

That's exactly where I was that day. There were loads of them starting fights everywhere. Pretty scary. And a mob of them ran down the Fulham Rd after the game. Did not enjoy anything about that game!

11 hours ago, the real shed end said:

Geoff Hurst was manager and that season went from Bad to worse.

At least he was sacked for the great John Neal.

At least with John Neal we gave him time to build that squad.

Dixon, Wee Pat , Spakers,  Eddie to name a few

What a team what a manager

Vey true, very true.

That season...:biggrin: