Ivan the Brave

Davey Baby

We write reams and reams of stuff on other players, but Ivan hardly gets a mention, yet he is undoubtedly one of our better players and a serious contender for player of the year. Rarely, if ever, man of the match, he gives you 8 out of 10 almost every match. When we were floudering under AVB, he was one of the few that was putting in top-notch performances.

I love this player and I fear we take him for granted sometimes. I hope he makes the PFA team of the year and gets the recognition he deserves. I think I'm right in saying he has been made Serbia captain, in the absence of Vidic.

He is a proper, old-fashioned defender. Hard as nails, strong in the tackle, brave, turns up for big games, puts his head in where it hurts, dependable and committed. He is also very useful going forward. We have unearthed a gem. 28 years old, at his peak, one of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

A most unlike-Chelsea signing, certainly in the Abramovich era. A relatively small fee, under £10m. No blaze of glory or big fanfare. I've always liked him but this season he has cemented his place as one of our most important players. Don't know how long he has left to run on his contract, but I hope it's extended and I hope he gets the financial package he deserves.

With all the rumbling about what went on under AVB, I can't see this player being anything other than committed whoever the manager, and he is a great example to other players, in the sense that you have to earn your spot, it isn't yours by right. He has shown his teammates they can depend on him, that he has a big heart and big balls, and he won't go missing.

Let's hear it for Ivan the Brave ..

I dont know if he is under appreciated, considering most people were willing were screaming for Bosingwa to be thrown off a bridge so Bran could be our fulltime RB.

He's amazing and his goals lately just solidify his status. Davey said it, he's a warrior, an old fashioned player, and considering he is just now in his prime I think he really is a future legend. I cant see the club selling him unless he wants to go, and I dont foresee that happening. Right now, "Bran the Man 2" is my next chelsea shirt.

For me, he was a legend from the night he scored 2 at Anfield three years ago.

We write reams and reams of stuff on other players, but Ivan hardly gets a mention, yet he is undoubtedly one of our better players and a serious contender for player of the year. Rarely, if ever, man of the match, he gives you 8 out of 10 almost every match. When we were floudering under AVB, he was one of the few that was putting in top-notch performances.

I love this player and I fear we take him for granted sometimes. I hope he makes the PFA team of the year and gets the recognition he deserves. I think I'm right in saying he has been made Serbia captain, in the absence of Vidic.

He is a proper, old-fashioned defender. Hard as nails, strong in the tackle, brave, turns up for big games, puts his head in where it hurts, dependable and committed. He is also very useful going forward. We have unearthed a gem. 28 years old, at his peak, one of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

A most unlike-Chelsea signing, certainly in the Abramovich era. A relatively small fee, under £10m. No blaze of glory or big fanfare. I've always liked him but this season he has cemented his place as one of our most important players. Don't know how long he has left to run on his contract, but I hope it's extended and I hope he gets the financial package he deserves.

With all the rumbling about what went on under AVB, I can't see this player being anything other than committed whoever the manager, and he is a great example to other players, in the sense that you have to earn your spot, it isn't yours by right. He has shown his teammates they can depend on him, that he has a big heart and big balls, and he won't go missing.

Let's hear it for Ivan the Brave ..

::clap2:: He is just great!I I love him since his first games, he scored at anfield in the CL, i dont remember 1 or 2 goals but he immediately made huge impression, really nice lad.And tbh Vidic is a pus sy compared to him.

Edited by Rami

Part of a players qualitys are how much he hates loosing, both games and indavidual battles, I think brana would be my first choice right back in the league despite the fact there may be a few more talented then him. you can see the pure disgust on his face when ever he looses a tackle (not offten)

Well, well, well... This is one of the few times that I'm in agreement with DB.

Ivan has been outstanding for this club. He's put in the shifts as required on different positions of the back line. He's never complained (at least not that I've heard). He's wanted to be at Chelsea FC and we damn sure want him here.

He could be wearing the captain's armband once JT's time is done. I would definitely be good with that.

Ivan, adored and respected. Glad you're here!

Massively over rated waste of money........

Nah, only kidding. a superb player, a great buy and I even love his little waddle he does when he scores.

Great post.

Became a legend for me after his 2 goals against the bin-dippers in the CL, totally unexpected goalscorer at the time. Also loved that clip last year after end of season celebrations of his youngster scoring and embracing Brana after.

In my eyes, he's got to be the shoe-in for Player of the Year although I suspect that Mata will get it.

He is one of my favs. He is a fighter, never hear him moan about not playing or what ever (unlike Lampard and Cole this season). He always gives 100%. My only issue and it is a tiny one about him being captin is he English. Although it is decent it still lacks something. I think Mata and Luiz come across better in interviews than Brana. No doubt that Brana is a leader but for me a captain needs to be heard clearly on and off the pitch.