Player of the Year vote now opened

The Brit

head to the website now if you want to pick your favourite

tough choice given the ups and mainly downs of this season...maybe I should have waited a bit longer to see how things shape up as it could be great or more disappointment in next few weeks...

for me a shortlist would comprise of:

Cech, JT, Ramires, Sturridge, Mata.

No-one has been outstanding, but these five have been better than most...I have voted for Mata because he is the one player in our team who has shown something different, that bit of skill that makes you enjoy watching football in the first place...

plus I think he has made the most number of assists and has scored a few too...I'm sure Ramires is his main rival for the prize...definitely one of our main players now and shown improvement, although can be a bit too much of an individual at times...

so guys, what do you think?

Mata-Ivanovic-Ramires-Terry are the stand out players for me in that order..

Sturridge-Romeu-Meireles were very good in the first half of the season but faded in the second.

Luiz-Cech are much better in the second half of the season

Drogba-Lampard-Torres were very good in some games but also very bad in others

for me a shortlist would comprise of:

Cech, JT, Ramires, Sturridge, Mata.

I know it's all down to opinion, but for me, Ivan has been better than all of those.

Sturridge? He's played like a c**t since december.

1/ Mata 2/ Ivan 3/ Ramires, took a while to get over his injury, but was brilliant in the 1st half of the season

Terry & Cech have been superb on their day & Luiz has been good after a rocky start. Cahill worth a mention, been a good signing.

Between Terry, Ivan and Ramires.

I'm torn.

Terry is our most important player I feel.

Ramires was far and away our best player until recently.

Ivan has been consistently good throughout, in a difficult season he is one of the few who has never let us down.

Hmm ..

I'm going to wait for the season to play out a bit.

apologies for leaving Ivan off the shortlist....I like him a lot and he's a great team player (no moaning etc), but just felt he's had better seasons defensively...maybe because he has been shifted about all over the place....still wouldn't bother me if he won it