Gareth Bale

shahilsyed

If I were to picture a chimp playing football in my mind, I'd think of him running around incessantly, diving and flinging its poop. The only thing separating Gareth Bale from a literal chimp is the last part, so I'd advise the fullbacks of the Premiership to be on their guard. Truth be told, I feel a bit bad about what I've just said. I've always found chimps to be adorable, they don't really deserve to be compared to the likes of Bale.

I actually thought Bale was giving Bos the runaround, and there were times when Bos couldn't get near him. It was only down to superb covering from our centre backs (in particular Luiz and Cahill) that we were not punished.

I don't agree with those who criticise Bale as simply a kick and rush player - I think he is a superb winger and so what if he is anyway ? It's very effective and my word, just how much could we do with a player like that ...

I actually thought Bale was giving Bos the runaround, and there were times when Bos couldn't get near him. It was only down to superb covering from our centre backs (in particular Luiz and Cahill) that we were not punished.

I don't agree with those who criticise Bale as simply a kick and rush player - I think he is a superb winger and so what if he is anyway ? It's very effective and my word, just how much could we do with a player like that ...

Spot on as usual bjd. Bale destroyed Boswinga at times and only smart covering by Luiz in particular neutralized the threat from him. And yet he still scored.

I would take Gareth Bale in a heartbeat as he would improve our team massively. I would also take Lennon. We badly need players who can past people and drag defenders out of position. Both Bale and Lennon have that ability.

SO I thought Spurs were better than Chelsea? http://www.thesun.co...an-Chelsea.html

Lol 5-1. You have made a total fool of yourself buddy. I had respect for you till I saw this article.

This really is a load of codswallop you're talking! He is a Spurs player, for goodness sake. Of course if he's interviewed he's going to say that he thinks his team is better than ours. I'd expect our players to do no less in an interview. What would you think if Lampard were interviewed and he said "Oh dear, no, Spuds are much better than us!"

Get real! You lose respect for him because in an interview he praises his own team? I don't think that your respect or lack of it is going to be a big deal to him!

Edited by moi

This really is a load of codswallop you're talking! He is a Spurs player, for goodness sake. Of course if he's interviewed he's going to say that he thinks his team is better than ours. I'd expect our players to do no less in an interview. What would you think if Lampard were interviewed and he said "Oh dear, no, Spuds are much better than us!"

Get real! You lose respect for him because in an interview he praises his own team? I don't think that your respect or lack of it is going to be a big deal to him!

Agree, saw nothing wrong with the interview and he certainly did not bad mouth us.

However in recent interviews Lampard, I believe when asks about our forthcoming

match with Barca, mentioned about them being the best team in the world, basically

saying that they are better than us.

Sometimes it's just better being a realist in interviews.

To be fair, I don't mind Bale, he seems a decent guy, but still funny reading that article after what's

happened :biggrin:

On another note, he won't be at Spurs much longer.

I rate him a s aplayer, but he ain't half got egg on his face re Sunday. Which is very very satisfying :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: