Is kalou good enough to be in our starting line-up?

sibley2468

Kalou's one of 3 Chelsea players who are compromises. He's playing left "wing" so that Mata can play in the middle. They have to put someone out there and he's the best body available. Personally, I agree with the move. Mata is vital in the middle. Even under AVB I'd said this was a move I wanted to see.

(Ivanovic at right back and and Ramires at right "wing" are the other two compromises.)

When you put a knife on my throat and ask which of Malouda or Kalou should start, I'd say Kalou. Malouda should be nowhere near this team. How he f**ked up the two on one situation last night and couldnt find a pass to Torres is not really surprising given how sh*t he is.

Both should be out in the summer without question.

I would definitely replace him but he is someone that should stay in the squad IMHO...

He can do a job and probably is on a hell of a lot less than if we replaced him with someone slightly better/same standard.

He is far better defensively than Sturridge that's for sure...

No, although he's ideal for second-rate opposition like Tottenham. I would argue that his defensive presence (and his superior 'team ethic' to Daniel Sturridge and to a lesser extent Florent Malouda) is what is keeping him in our starting XI right now.

<p>

<br />

I reckon PSG or Anzhi.<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>He could have signed for those clubs already (well pre contract agreement) but to go to Arsenal he has to wait till his contract is out which is what i think he is doing. Also i dont know why Carlo would want him.

First of all, I think Kalou has always been underrated. He really isn't a bad player. I think he has often been a scapegoat for poor performances from players who were more popular.

Secondly, it's a squad game these days. You can't think in terms of starting and bench, because with the length of the season everyone will have to start. I don't have an issue with Kalou being a starter on occasion, but of course I don't see him as being a key star either.

I wouldn't have the slightest issue if he signed a new contract.

At time he gets more stick than he deserves, because he can pop up with important goals, e.g. Benfica as a recent example. But he is so infuritating. It's not that he's greedy, his decision making is just really poor. How many times have we seen him try to take on 2 or 3 players and just lose the ball easily. It really gets annoying after a while. AVB realised very quickly he's not up to standard, but RDM seems to have given him a stay of execution throughout this run of tough games coming every few days...we'll see at the end of the season, but I wouldn't shed a tear if he was to leave.

Chelsea must be trying to build a new team capable of winning the PL again . The need is consistency, hitting top level more frequently than in this season and therefore avoiding the low points of this season. On that basis Kalou does not fit he bill to be in the first picked. Certainly his attitude is better than that of Sturridge by far and his contribution in defence is superior. Not a "whinger" when he loses the ball,( which he does too often). Sturridge usually sits on his backside in disbelief.

RDM is probably playing Kalou for his overall effort and contribution rather than as a real threat to the opposition.

He'll probably score the winner v Barca or Liverpool ( unless he gives away another penalty), we'll all welcome him back and hope he gets a new contract. However I think not.