Shameless bullsh*t from Ron Gourlay

Lofty.

From the Evening Standard

Replacing Di Matteo with Rafael Benitez has proved the right move, says Chelsea chief exec

“I would like to thank Roberto Di Matteo for all he did after taking over last March and we will never forget the huge contribution he made to this club’s history.

“However, the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary to keep the club moving in the right direction ahead of a vitally important part of the season.

“Rafael Benitez subsequently joined us as interim manager. He has significant experience at the highest level of football and has come in to immediately help deliver our objectives.

“We still have the Premier League, Europa League and FA Cup to fight for and we face Swansea in the first leg of the Capital One Cup semi-finals here at the Bridge next week. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all four fronts.â€

Gourlay's statement kicks off with mealy mouthed hypocrisy and ends with the typically unhealthy dose of bullsh*t.

My belief is that as with Kenyon and Scolari, Gourlay et al chose to replace Roberto Di Matteo with the the current interim simply because he was the biggest "name" currently available.

Replacing Robbie was a move that smacked of desperation, nothing to do with results, but born of egomania and stupidity, with maybe more than a nod towards appeasing the idiot overseas tourist trade. "Who is this Dimatteo. We have no heard of him. We know R*fa. He win Champions League with Liverpool. He top big name manager."

Scarily plausible.

Where is that from ? Also wouldve been nice if the club had pubically thanked Robbie just after they sacked him rather than waiting till now.

Posted this yesterday and do do not apologise for posting it again. When Robbie was sacked we were 3rd, 4 points off the top. We are now 4th, 14 points of the top.

Robbie had won at WHL and at The Emirates and was utterley robbed against Utd. Interim has had easier fixtures and these have included our first defeat to local rivals West Ham in a decade and then possibly the worst league defeat in recent memory to more local rivals Qpr. 

Its utter nonsense we are 'moving in the right direction'.

On top of that the spark has gone from the team and also the fanbase. Every passing day interim remains at our club his mere prescence sucks more of the soul from it.

Its horffic spin from Gourlay. Spoken by someone who truly has no concept of what the fans feel.

I'd love to meet that c**t down a dark alley!!

Absolute snake!!

I was desperate to get rid of Kenyon but f**k me this c**t is a lot worse. At least Kenyon did good for us and stuck up for Jose!!!

Buck and Gourlay need to get the f**k out of our club...

Where is that from ? Also wouldve been nice if the club had pubically thanked Robbie just after they sacked him rather than waiting till now.

Posted this yesterday and do do not apologise for posting it again. When Robbie was sacked we were 3rd, 4 points off the top. We are now 4th, 14 points of the top.

Robbie had won at WHL and at The Emirates and was utterley robbed against Utd. Interim has had easier fixtures and these have included our first defeat to local rivals West Ham in a decade and then possibly the worst league defeat in recent memory to more local rivals Qpr.

On top of that the spark has gone from the team and also the fanbase. Every passing day interim remains at our club his mere prescence sucks more of the soul from it.

Its horffic spin from Gourlay. Spoken by someone who truly has no concept of what the fans feel.

Reading your post makes me angry, not at all with you but because it reminds me of how good we had it and how badly the board and have f**ked us all over.

Must admit, with the run of wins we had against Leeds, Villa, Norwich and Everton and some of the good football we played during that run, I was almost becomming accepting of what has happened, much to my better judgement.

But the defeat against QPR and this sort of statement just make me f**king angry all over again and I almost feeling like ignoring football until all of the bad apples are removed from our club and right now, I'm not sure how many there are.

The article was from the Evening Standard but the quotes from Gourlay were "a message to the club's supporters" published in the QPR matchday programme. How's that for irony.

Ah thought so, thought id read it before.  And do you want to know what makes it even more nauseating?

The article in the QPR programme was dominated by a huge photo of Gourlay grinning with the Champions League trophy.

Wasnt these the same comments that were made when Benitez was announced? Did he actually say the decision was proven right or is it just a piece of sh*t journo trying to stir sh*t up by taking some old quotes and putting them into his article? 

It's time us fans or our f**king voice back... With snakes like this at the club and the total lack of respect towards us the fans is disgraceful.

We are Chelsea FC!!! without us the club would cease to exist. It's time these muppets took notice.

I'm f**king fed up with the c**ts that run this club and I'm becoming more and more sick and tired of the, not those who really care, 'fans' who are willing to sit and take the sh*t that is happening...

I want my old Chelsea back, f**k the trophies! I want my club to be back when their was a sense of belonging a sense of passion and a sense of pride. Right now all those are missing from our club..

A lot of time, there seems to be some sort of drama within the club, it always seems to be Gourlay's name involved somewhere....and people thought Kenyon was bad!

I just don't know what to say about it any more and the lunatic decisions that go on these days, I've supported this club since the 80's and have never felt so disconnected.

Robbie had won at WHL and at The Emirates and was utterley robbed against Utd. Interim has had easier fixtures and these have included our first defeat to local rivals West Ham in a decade and then possibly the worst league defeat in recent memory to more local rivals Qpr. 

More than that he has no clue about football. We have gone backwards. If we had kept RDM that bad spell wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. And we wouldn't have been playing Torres this whole time, as RDM isn't a f**kwit. We would be sat comfortably in 3rd place, maybe even in 2nd. And I reckon there's a good chance we wouldn't have lost to Corinthians. 

Gourlay is either a total troll, or a complete retard.

All I know is Season Ticket and Membership renewals for next season will be interesting. There will be lots of dropouts for sure. Prices unjustifiable and many on here and fans I know feel so far removed and disconnected.

Club has lost its soul.

I'd love to meet that c**t down a dark alley!!

Absolute snake!!

I was desperate to get rid of Kenyon but f**k me this c**t is a lot worse. At least Kenyon did good for us and stuck up for Jose!!!

Buck and Gourlay need to get the f**k out of our club...

How many times have we had to see these two muppets sitting next to each other with the faces of slapped arses the minute we have a bad result? I want these f**kwitts out, they make Kenyon look like a reasonable guy and I couldn't trust him either. It's time to go to The Bridge and sit on the pitch all 41,837 (not sure if that's still correct) of us until these two really F*** off, it can't be any worse can it?

First Kenyon now Gourlay perhaps the board will smell the coffee sooner rather than later

I'm sure you, like most people here, don't need reminding that both Kenyon and Gourlay have taken the same career path: From Umbro to Man U to Chelsea Chief exec. By any standards that's one scary coincidence. And that's before you begin to compare the appointments of Scolari and the Interim.

As far as I know, David Gill has never worked for Umbro...

Archived