Marko Marin

Tommy26

With the suspension of Hazard and the Moses being away at the ACN, finally i think we will get a good look at marko and IMO a deserved run in the team, i can't imagine how frustrating it must be for a player of his talent not to even be given a run of games, especially given how congested our fixture list as been. i've never seen him play what i would call  a bad game, nothing special as of yet but when you are not starting matches on a regular basis or even given a 3-4 game run then what does one expect.

at the very least Marko deserves a chance, and im sure more of us here would like to see him given that chance, he certainly looks like a talented player more so than the likes of kalou and zhirkov etc...

I'm not sure why we haven't seen more of him to be honest. I know he had some injury problems at the start of the season but all that seems to be behind him now.

I also couldn't understand why he wasn't brought on against Swansea on Wednesday particularly as we were chasing the game ...but then again I don't understand much of what the interim does at the moment.

I expect him to be given the full 90 mins against Brentford today.

He always looks lively when he does get on. Ten minutes at the end of the match, usually by which time we're either cruising or battered, isn't a great time to demonstrate what you can do. Especially when our offense has shut up shop and gone home.

He was pretty decent in pre-season showed some nice skills too.We will have to play him with Hazard missing on 3 matches + further punishment by the FA.Too bad ACN took Mikel and Moses we really need them with this much of fixtures being played.If Marin ever had a chance to shine it is now.

Marin needs games ffs.

He was the only player offering us some much needed width but we always try to play tight 3 yard passes in the middle of the park.

Marin was holding out wide, the only fairly decent part of the pitch yet they opted for the left hand side where it was boggy!!!

f**king disgrace, Rafa is strangling the team

Looking him now after 30mins against Brentford you can see why he is not playing on a regular basis.

Alternatively, you can see how ridiculous it is that he hasn't been given more playing time. Benitez complains about squad depth, but would rather swap defenders every match than give a very talented player the opportunity to play into form. You can't expect him to come out cold and be a world beater.

He wasn't great in the first half, but then nobody was. He certainly looked more lively than Bertrand to me, and deserves more games imo.

FSW's subs were stupid. Hooking Marin for Mata instead of Bertrand, really? I hear Brentford's right hand combination is something to be feared!

Alternatively, you can see how ridiculous it is that he hasn't been given more playing time. Benitez complains about squad depth, but would rather swap defenders every match than give a very talented player the opportunity to play into form. You can't expect him to come out cold and be a world beater.

^ This right here.

He didn't have the best of matches, granted but since he's healthy he needs some time.

Unfortunately, with the "manager" that we have I'm not sure if he'll see more time, less time, any time, only injury time, etc.

Pre-season Marin played on the left wing and looked half decent. Master tactician decides to play him on the right wing and play a left back as a left winger then pulls Marin and leaves the left back on as a left winger. FFS you FSW f**king get off the planet right now

the german messi my hole...............my tool dribbles better...............................................getting games and he'll get better is a load of crap, he's fcukn training with 'world class' players day in day out, should know there play by now...very disappointed in him,thought we had bought a wee gem....just look at difference once mata came on...

And in terms of him not having a great game today, neither did JT but then he's short of match practice as well mainly because the FSW hasn't eased him back by giving him minutes in previous games (other than at Stoke which was 4 games ago now

The whole team was crap in the first half, Marin wasnt an exception...however he wasnt much worse than the others. 

To my mind Marin deserves a bigger role, and more oppertunities. He has barely featured, and clearly is lacking match practice.

I cant see that he will oust any of the current first teamers for a starting position, but he can contribute regularly off the bech, getting the odd start here or there. I dont like seeing him get 10 min cameos though, and should he get sufficient game time, i can see him growing in confidence and effectivness.

the german messi my hole...............my tool dribbles better...............................................getting games and he'll get better is a load of crap, he's fcukn training with 'world class' players day in day out, should know there play by now...very disappointed in him,thought we had bought a wee gem....just look at difference once mata came on...

Then let's sign your tool up, because Marin is the best dribbler in the squad for my money.

I think people saying that Marin is sh*t have not got a clue.

He has been given very little playing time since hes been back from his injury, right now with the managerial situation we shouldnt really judge any of the new signings, this season has gone to sh*t, no one knows what they are doing and theres no direction

So are you suggesting we sell him after a couple of sub-standard performances?

He has been injured for a long period of time and then hardly been played, your post seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction to a poor 45 minutes of football in a game where the entire team were shockingly bad.

Archived