Winning the European Cup has changed things forever (for me)

Eight Times

I really, really hate to admit this, but before we won the European Cup, it always bothered me. Having

seen us come close so many times, I just felt a tiny bit empty at times, despite loving the team no matter what!

It's something I never really thought about in the 90's, it's only after so many let downs, that it really started to bother me, that the cup always slipped through our fingers, that feeling is now gone forever, as a Chelsea fan, I feel complete.

And what I love the most, is even after some of the recent performances and results, I just think back at that night, and

it makes it feel so much better.

Anything else now is a bonus..........

CHAMPIONS.

Munich was magical and I've said elsewhere that now we've won it... I kinda don't mind who wins it this year (of course if we were still flippin' in it it would be a different story) because we have Munich... we have that whole sodding run - 3-1 down in Napoli, that performance at the Bridge to go through 4-1, beating Barcelona at home with the main man slotting it, Pete's performance that night... Then we have the 2-2 in the Nou Camp, we all know how that ended, it was one of the sweetest draws you're ever likely to get. Then Munich. Wow, THAT run and THAT final... majestic.

I pretty much agree with you ST, I've seen us win it all and although 2012/2013 has been some what of a let down we will move forward from this. Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Luiz, Rambo, Apzi... look at those names and the joys they'll bring us for years to come. Not to mention our loanees - KDB, Courtois, Josh, Lukaku... Oiy.

Munich will not be tainted for me, for Drogs, Lamps, JT, Pete & Ash to get their hands on it after so many near misses... you can't write it. As Neville said 'it is written in the stars'.

Best night of my life.

Of course I still bask in it. But we go on and we try to have more days and nights like this. Robbie going the way he did hurt me, and just cause of our success doesn't mean Roman is untouchable.

I still want us to win every cup we're in to the same passion as before, and I'd love to win the EL so that we won both of them back to back something only Porto did I think, albeit the other way round

As bad as this sounds, to have won the CL...I'd gladly take a poor season like we're having. We've won the CL, something teams like Arsenal haven't. London is ours.

I wouldn't have minded a "poor" season, but the way it's gone down is the issue. I wouldn't have a problem with our spot in the table had we kept Robbie and were actually building towards something rather than piling all of our hopes for the future on Jose descending from the heavens on a blue unicorn to save us from ourselves. 

Munich was magical and I've said elsewhere that now we've won it... I kinda don't mind who wins it this year (of course if we were still flippin' in it it would be a different story) because we have Munich... we have that whole sodding run - 3-1 down in Napoli, that performance at the Bridge to go through 4-1, beating Barcelona at home with the main man slotting it, Pete's performance that night... Then we have the 2-2 in the Nou Camp, we all know how that ended, it was one of the sweetest draws you're ever likely to get. Then Munich. Wow, THAT run and THAT final... majestic.

I pretty much agree with you ST, I've seen us win it all and although 2012/2013 has been some what of a let down we will move forward from this. Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Luiz, Rambo, Apzi... look at those names and the joys they'll bring us for years to come. Not to mention our loanees - KDB, Courtois, Josh, Lukaku... Oiy.

Munich will not be tainted for me, for Drogs, Lamps, JT, Pete & Ash to get their hands on it after so many near misses... you can't write it. As Neville said 'it is written in the stars'.

Yes, with every up comes a down, but FSW will be gone in due course along with Torres and we will still push on.  It was great to JT back yesterday and both him and SFL on the scoresheet made my day. 

What I sometimes forget in all the nostalgic joy of that brilliant night, is that we also beat Liverpool to win the FA cup a few weeks before...how great was last May ?

(Yes Liverpool..... were you watching Benitez ?)

'Doing' Spurs at Wembley as well, that result was sheer quality.

I expected us to get beaten in Munich, to be perfectly honest. We were up against it, running on fumes, no JT, two crook centre halves, Brana suspended (Bomb scare Bosingwa in his place!) and up against a brilliant Bayern side. No tufty Meireles ever, and even though I never really warmed to him, he was vital in that run in.

I was incredibly proud that we even made it there, and had we of lost, I wouldn't have been as disappointed about it as I was about Moscow (A final which, on the balance of play, we deserved to win).

The match was utterly bizarre, the greatest ones are.

David Luiz going up to Schweinsteiger before our first and only corner, and saying 'now, goal'  to him, shrugging his shoulders and saying 'sorry' as he jogged back to our half after Didier's goal.

Mikel telling Robben that Petr had his number, and that he was going to fluff his penalty. :biggrin:

The little things like that will stick with me forever.

As bad as this sounds, to have won the CL...I'd gladly take a poor season like we're having. We've won the CL, something teams like Arsenal haven't. London is ours.

I wouldn't count your chickens quite yet.  They could beat Bayern in Munich three nil and then go on to win the Champions League.

DogLaughing.gif#laughing%20dog%20gif

Archived