Burak Yilmaz

Davey Baby

Really don't know much about it, however if Drogba seriously endorses him, who could be a better judge of a top quality striker for Chelsea... than a ex-top quality striker at Chelsea who is now playing with him.

Doesn't this line:

"That fee may prove prohibitive for a player who has not played for a club outside Turkey, even if he comes highly regarded by the former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, who is a team-mate at Galatasaray"

Basically suggest that we are already no longer interested after finding out what his transfer fee would be. 

Was impressed by him in the CL this season, looked like a goal machine

I thought the same. He really did look like the finished article in the ECL and for less than £20m might be a snip. Drogs will be extoling the virtues of life at the Bridge, so this may actually happen (if Jose rates him of course)

My concern with this would be that I could see him initially behind Torres in the pecking order, at least signing someone more "high profile" might mean they are likely to be included from the off. 

I don't think Mourinho will be fooled by Torres performances (assuming we get Mourinho)

• 1 month later...

The Metro is reporting that Mourinho has said of Yilmaz

"‘Burak could play for any team in the world. He is world class.’

When he said this, who to and why is not reported but I guess considering most of us what to see us sign a new striker it's worth a mention.

Original article: http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/09/jose-mourinho-hints-at-chelsea-move-for-galatasaray-star-burak-yilmaz-3874987/

He scored 39 goals in 32 appearances for Galatasaray last season following a €5m switch from Trabzonspor for whom he scored 55 goals in 75 appearances. 

The 6 foot 2 forward will turn 28 later this month. 

He isnt a big enough name to replace Torres in the team. Falcao or even Cavani would have been big enough to bench Torres but Yilmaz is much of an unknown so would be more of a replacement for Ba should he leave.

...Yilmaz is much of an unknown...

I'm not sure what you mean by unknown, but he scored eight goals in last season's UCL, which is just as many as Messi and Müller did. Only Lewandowski and Ronaldo scored more goals in UCL last season.

He isnt a big enough name to replace Torres in the team. Falcao or even Cavani would have been big enough to bench Torres but Yilmaz is much of an unknown so would be more of a replacement for Ba should he leave.

Was Diego Lopez a big enough name to replace Casillas? Varane to replace Pepe?

Jose doesn't give a second thought to names, he picks on merit.

The Metro is reporting that Mourinho has said of Yilmaz

"‘Burak could play for any team in the world. He is world class.’

When he said this, who to and why is not reported but I guess considering most of us what to see us sign a new striker it's worth a mention.

Original article: http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/09/jose-mourinho-hints-at-chelsea-move-for-galatasaray-star-burak-yilmaz-3874987/

He scored 39 goals in 32 appearances for Galatasaray last season following a €5m switch from Trabzonspor for whom he scored 55 goals in 75 appearances. 

The 6 foot 2 forward will turn 28 later this month. 

"They have players that have been in the best teams in the world and up front they have three players in (Burak) Yilmaz, Drogba and Sneijder that can do damage to any team." -- After some searching, this is the quote I'm getting from most articles. It was before the Champions league match. I believe the words are being twisted or maybe I haven't found the correct quotes.

Was Diego Lopez a big enough name to replace Casillas? Varane to replace Pepe?

Jose doesn't give a second thought to names, he picks on merit.

Jose wasnt at Chelsea and Roman wasnt the owner when he did that. Lets not get mixed up here Jose is back but Roman still pulls the strings.

"They have players that have been in the best teams in the world and up front they have three players in (Burak) Yilmaz, Drogba and Sneijder that can do damage to any team." -- After some searching, this is the quote I'm getting from most articles. It was before the Champions league match. I believe the words are being twisted or maybe I haven't found the correct quotes.

My guess was that it might have related to when Jose's Madrid were playing Galatasaray but as I said there was no indication of where the quotes originated from. 

Must be a slow day for Sports related news at the Metro offices. 

Jose wasnt at Chelsea and Roman wasnt the owner when he did that. Lets not get mixed up here Jose is back but Roman still pulls the strings.

When you and Fatty Speeding sit down and have breakfast with the first team, can you please let Hazard know to shave his nasty little beard because it bothers me?

Seriously, not trying to pick on you, but nobody here knows if the relationship between them is different. Yes, Roman has acted a certain way in the past, but if Jose is back here that must have come with some concessions. And the fact that he went with youth over stardom at Madrid speaks volumes, as it probably takes even more balls to do so at that circus club.

Between Schurrle and van Ginkel, there hasnt been an obsession with starpower in Jose's transfers this summer so far. Again, we dont know what the future holds. If Jose is here for stability, as he says, maybe he convinced Rom that creating stars, rather than buying them, is the way to go.

Do you think that Schurrle and van Ginkel were Jose signings? Both were lined up to join before Jose was.

Also can you not see a massive difference in the way Jose has acted since rejoining the club. Imo Jose has been told how things will go at the club. And yes it is my opinion but if Roman wants Torres to play then Torres will play. These are just my thoughts though. I am not saying i have any inside info at all so please do keep your little digs to yourself.

Do you think that Schurrle and van Ginkel were Jose signings? Both were lined up to join before Jose was.

Also can you not see a massive difference in the way Jose has acted since rejoining the club. Imo Jose has been told how things will go at the club. And yes it is my opinion but if Roman wants Torres to play then Torres will play. These are just my thoughts though. I am not saying i have any inside info at all so please do keep your little digs to yourself.

I certainly see a big difference in the way Jose has acted since joining the club, but it doesnt automatically mean he is now subordinate to Roman and is just there to do his bidding.

For Roman to go back to a man he has sacked and, essentially, admit it was a mistake to let him go is an act of contrition that the ruthless Roman we all have in our minds probably would not bother with. Why do that when you can just go out and hire another manager? We might be looking at a different owner and a different manager, and a different way of steering the football club. It may look like less fun for Roman, but even he must see a stable, empowered manager who knows what he's doing will mean a club that is run better, with more success and less waste overall. 

Hopefully Torres is gone soon and this is all a moot point. 

Mourinho had to give the go ahead to those transfers. The Van Ginkel transfer was called by Duncan Castles before anyone had a clue and in that same article he mentioned that it was a Mourinho signing. Schurrle seems equivalent to Robben's signing at the same time Mourinho came in. Why would he sacrifice all responsibilities to come back here unless he does have some power? His job offers were not limited to Chelsea alone, he didn't have to come here. I agree that he has been a bit different, but we don't know what goes on in the background. He also said that Chelsea would not be competing for the league right away in his press conference. I could bet everything that he would tell the opposite to the players on the training ground.

The Torres factor also had to be one of the first things discussed between Mourinho and Abramovich, this is a player who failed under four different managers, with the last manager being brought in specifically for him. If he stays in the team, I don't think it's because Abramovich wants him to play for Chelsea but it will be due to a lack of clubs that are interested in him.

Let's not forget that players like Robben, Cech, Duff, Makelele, Joe Cole were not Mourinho buys but they were instrumental in his team.

'Andre Schurrle is still so young but he already has great history because he plays in his national team, he has played Champions League and he played three complete seasons for Leverkusen,' he says about the 22-year-old.

'So he is a player who is absolutely ready and he gives us more than one position in attack and adds quality. He will be important for us.

'Marco van Ginkel is one of the best prospects. He is not yet like Schurrle - close to being a finished product - but he is a player with great potential.

'Of course he needs to play and he will, because he is a player with great potential and physically he is more than ready. He is a natural athlete. By the technical and the tactical point of view of course he is a kid, he has to learn, but I think he is very open-minded and we analysed him for quite a long time. The Chelsea scouting department did it for quite a long time and I did it in the last five or six months, and we made a collective decision to bring the kid here.

Archived