The Striker Situation

Ethan789blues

Torres - Too inconsistent and no where near his liverpool bests

Ba - ok offside too much and he's not chelsea calibre

Etoo - simply past it

Lukaku - our best striker out on loan

So how do we solve the striker dilemma ?

Buy in January eg benzema, yilmaz etc...

Wait till summer and buy big, suarez??

Tempt lewandowski or diego costa??

Or do we wait for lukaku to return better than ever ??

I would buy benzema in january

Benzema has another flop written all over it in my opinion .

Lewandowski is never going to happen no matter what we offer him.

Suarez ? never going to happen, plus i wouldn't give another penny to Liverpool and i certainly wouldn't be comfortable with Suarez in a Chelsea shirt.

No to Diego Costa, he's had a bright start to the season but is not worth gambling on.

I don't know much about Yilmaz really so can't comment.

I say wait it out until Lukaku returns, we don't need to spend big, we have a striker in Lukaku.

Lewandowski has confirmed he is moving to Munich next season.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, there are hints and rumours about a verbal agreement, but also rumours about Guardiola/Bayern not wanting another striker as well.

I hope we atleast try to tempt Lewandowski in january and secure a contract for him to join next summer. Dortmund will most likely want to keep him until then anyways. With Diego Costa we can wait and see how he does until next summer before making a move.

Chelsea only need two strikers, with Lukaku we have a great striker when he has space to run and Lewandowsi or Diego Costa would be the better option when there is not. Eto we can release, Ba and Torres can be sold to help finance buying Diego Costa.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, there are hints and rumours about a verbal agreement, but also rumours about Guardiola/Bayern not wanting another striker as well.

I hope we atleast try to tempt Lewandowski in january and secure a contract for him to join next summer. Dortmund will most likely want to keep him until then anyways. With Diego Costa we can wait and see how he does until next summer before making a move.

Chelsea only need two strikers, with Lukaku we have a great striker when he has space to run and Lewandowsi or Diego Costa would be the better option when there is not. Eto we can release, Ba and Torres can be sold to help finance buying Diego Costa.

Here's the link to the article I read with Lewandowski confirming he will sign a pre-contract agreement in January:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/25/robert-lewandowski-bayern-munich-pre-contract

Also for what it's worth I'm not entirely sure what the club's problem with Demba Ba is; I've always felt he was an excellent centre forward and a goalscorer. Clearly he's not Ibrahimovic on the technical ability scale but he is more than adequate as a temporary first choice option in the Premier League - his scoring record at Newcastle was better than 1 in 2 and that includes a period of being shunted out wide due to Pardew's attempts to fit him and Papiss Cisse in the same team. And he scored the winner against Man Utd.

Give poor Demba a chance!

id gamble on muriel or el shaarawy. Id get rid of all 3 in the summer, and let lukaku and the new signing battle it out next season. We only need 2 strikers, plus an emergency option we have with schurrle. Similar situation to when we had Drogba, Anelka, and kalou.

Thank God we have another dedicated thread to discuss this. The forum hasn't been clogged up with enough of them yet.

i thought the exact same thing. every other thread has been taken over by the striker debate.

we've got debates on the eto'o, lukaku and torres threads. plus plenty of discussion on the mourinho thread about whether he made a mistake loaning out lukaku.

its a tad boring tbh. lukaku will be back next year and will probably be first choice. no need to panic and buy someone in january. just rotate the 3 we have, and we will be fine. simple!

I have a sneaky feeling that Lukaku will leave next summer. Im not saying i want him to leave btw.

I dont see us making a big signing in January. Maybe the turkish striker from Gala. But im pretty sure that would only happen if we can off load Ba. Torres isnt going anywhere and Eto'o is here for the season. Jose and the board have decided that this is good enough for us this season so we have to accept that.

Calm down people. Jose has this trio for the rest of the season. Luk will be at Everton the whole campaign. This is already said before. Only if two of our strikers get bad injuries we might look elsewhere...

There is not much wrong with our trio. Goals come from elsewere and if they keep on coming I have no problem with the setup. I'm 100% sure Lukaku would have 0 or 1 goal so far if he'd stayed with us.

I don't think we'll ever see a situation where Lukaku is our absolute No.1 striker, as sad as it is to say this he's just not a big enough 'name' for Abramovich or the board, they are always going to be chasing the big fish from Europe to help with the global brand, nothing to do with football ability, just the sad realities of life as a young player at Chelsea.

It all then depends on whether Lukaku is willing to accept that position, I doubt he will.

I don't think we'll ever see a situation where Lukaku is our absolute No.1 striker, as sad as it is to say this he's just not a big enough 'name' for Abramovich or the board, they are always going to be chasing the big fish from Europe to help with the global brand, nothing to do with football ability, just the sad realities of life as a young player at Chelsea.

It all then depends on whether Lukaku is willing to accept that position, I doubt he will.

I totally agree with this. Look at Sturridge while he was with us. Last season (while he was with us) he was the best striker we had but he didnt get any game time.

Lukaku is a good player and will go on to become a very good player and will score a lot of goals but i dont think it will be for us. I think he will be sick of going on loan or not being given the chances he wants and he will leave. I just hope when we do go to sell him that its abroad because he is a player that would come back to haunt us.

Well this is just silly, isn't it? We'd be willing to play a big name striker that was globally popular but wasn't scoring enough goals for us, over a little known small time player who is banging them in?

Sad times, really. Even though I am aware that is exactly what we have done in offloading great goalscorers like Sturridge and Lukaku and preferring Torres.

He is starting to find his feet more now, but you can't insist on being our number one if you can't give us a reason why you should be that.

Doubt it's going to happen but I can see Dortmund flipping the bird at Bayern and trying to offload him before he goes on a free.

If that happens it'll be between us and Arsenal to sign him.

Torres / Lukaku / Lewand  would be nice to have next season.

This is another perk to us having Jose back in the dugout, he's a big name manager who can attract some likewise big name players.

If Robert had the choice of either joining Arsenal who are still struggling to win a trophy again or joining a resurgent Chelsea under Jose Mourinho's new dynasty... I think he'd choose us.

Archived