_______ is going to PSG in the summer

Izanagi
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It seems that not a week goes by in which one of our players is connected with Paris Saint-Germain and their seemingly endless supply of funds. Rather than have a few threads on the bounce and potentially new ones cropping up why not compile them into one.

So far PSG are going to buy the following players from us.

Oscar

Eden Hazard

David Luiz

David Luiz I can live with but not the other two. Besides, I think their owners will eventually shoot themselves in the foot. I have read that they tap players illegally without the knowledge or consent of their parent club. If that's the case, they deserve to be hit with some transfer sanctions and if they are doing this, it will catch up to them eventually and they will sell up.

David Luiz I can live with but not the other two. Besides, I think their owners will eventually shoot themselves in the foot. I have read that they tap players illegally without the knowledge or consent of their parent club. If that's the case, they deserve to be hit with some transfer sanctions and if they are doing this, it will catch up to them eventually and they will sell up.

If PSG put down enough cash then I can understand if we allowed Luiz to go. Given he would not likely have a place in Jose's 11 when all options are there, then a huge offer being taken would not be a surprise.

Personally if they did the same with Oscar, as we are talking far larger than with Luiz, would be something to consider as well. I think playing both Oscar and Willian at the same time badly holds us back.

Can't wait for PSG's owners to get bored and sell up so the club can resume its rightful place in footballing obscurity.

They seem more like Malaga's temperamental owners than the ones who stay long-term.

I think that's a false statement, really. All you need to do is replace 'PSG' with 'Chelsea' in there and you'll get what every opposition fan has been telling us for years and years and years and years and... you get the picture.

Guess what, Roman's still here!

Edited by Huttsey

I don't know about selling Oscar. He has had some really poor performances this season, but when he does play well, he's other worldly. Plus he's young and has a lot of time to grow.

I would hate to see him go.

Agreed, but for silly money in a world where we are looking to meet FFP it should at least be considered.

As good as Oscar can be, I cannot say I would put him in the same bracket as say Hazard. Not many are to be fair, it would be a short list of players that should not be sold even for a world record amount.

I think that's a false statement, really. All you need to do is replace 'PSG' with 'Chelsea' in there and you'll get what every opposition fan has been telling us for years and years and years and years and... you get the picture.

Guess what, Roman's still here!

All the talk is that PSG's owners are near-impossible to work with, they are effusive and like to interfere with everything. They aren't football men or people who want to learn about football like Roman, they don't want to keep a low-profile behind the scenes whilst letting those capable of running a football club do so, they have forced people like Ancelotti and Leonardo out with their idiocy and very few even wanted to touch the manager's job last summer.

Their sole interest in PSG is that it's in a big city with few football clubs, therefore has potential to grow and be iconic and consequently boost the profile of Qatar Sports Investment. Maybe they'll fall in love with the muddy pitches and monotonous procession to victory that is playing in Ligue 1, if not they'll want to stem the tide of endless expenditure sooner rather than later.

All the talk is that PSG's owners are near-impossible to work with, they are effusive and like to interfere with everything. They aren't football men or people who want to learn about football like Roman, they don't want to keep a low-profile behind the scenes whilst letting those capable of running a football club do so, they have forced people like Ancelotti and Leonardo out with their idiocy and very few even wanted to touch the manager's job last summer.

Their sole interest in PSG is that it's in a big city with few football clubs, therefore has potential to grow and be iconic and consequently boost the profile of Qatar Sports Investment. Maybe they'll fall in love with the muddy pitches and monotonous procession to victory that is playing in Ligue 1, if not they'll want to stem the tide of endless expenditure sooner rather than later.

Can't edit my post for some reason, switch "effusive" with "volatile".

Couldn't agree more. Nobody likes a show off or someone who brags. I personally hope the PSG owners (aswell as Monaco) get caught out for some underhanded s**t like Barca did. That would be something to behold. A couple transfer windows without those two sets of a***holes being linked with every single player in the world. So much BS comes from those two clubs.

I would be absolutely fuming if we sent them Hazard or Oscar. Basically, PSG just wants to be Chelsea.

I will spend a few hours in Paris this summer, switching between trains. I fully expect to be linked to PSG, everybody and their supermarket cashier is, why not me?

Anyway, what Huttsey said is right: it all sounds terribly familiar, doesn't. Replace PSG with CFC and filthy rich, soon to sell megalomaniac owners with Abramovich, and you'll see more clearly the news value of any rumour involving PSG.

A bit sad to call them bragging show offs... were we?

Can't wait for PSG's owners to get bored and sell up so the club can resume its rightful place in footballing obscurity.

They seem more like Malaga's temperamental owners than the ones who stay long-term.

You sound like our rival fans. They have been saying that for years about Roman.

The thing is the only thing that PSG have going for them is money. The French league is a poor league so there is no challenge there. PSG have to be playing in the Champions league to get a real challenge each season.

If any of our players want to leave and play for them then we know why.

Hazard and Oscar i cant see leaving for them. Real or Barca yes i could see that but not PSG.

Luiz on the other hand could happen. I believe he would have gone to Barca but now they cant buy anyone I think he will go to PSG.

Because their owners sponser them as well so if they need to balance the books PSG will sign a new deal and the books are balanced.

Roman could do the same if he wanted but i dont think he will ever do that.

Hypothetically, if we did sell them either Hazard or Oscar, who would you want as a replacement? For me, it would be Draxler - one of my favourites outside Chelsea, young, lots of potential, wanted by many top clubs so he is a special talent.

True, but Draxler is being pulled six ways from Sunday. Its like pigeons swarming over a lump of bread trying to get his signature at the moment.

Also seems that Liverpool are determined to get revenge forSalah and Willian at the moment. Virtually every player we're looking at, they're trying to toss their hat in. Either that or their scouts are utterly inept and just follow Chelsea's interests.

Also seems that Liverpool are determined to get revenge forSalah and Willian at the moment. Virtually every player we're looking at, they're trying to toss their hat in. Either that or their scouts are utterly inept and just follow Chelsea's interests.

Pointless by them really, we can outbid them on every target. 

Its nothing to do with "getting revenge". Its a small market at the moment with not alot of quality outside of the big clubs so when there is a good player out there its logical that several clubs would be in for them.

Liking your avatar RMCM!

Ballack was one of my favourite players before he moved to us, I couldn't believe when we signed him. We could have done with leadership like his at times this season

I agree, Ballack is one of my all time favourite Chelsea players, I think the images of him hunting down Ovrebo and getting in his face reflected the feelings of every True Blue at the time and for me is one of the lasting images of the Roman era so far.

ballack-gif.gif

Edited by Jonty