Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Harris

England World Cup Squad

For future games this is what i would go with.

290513175816.png

Bench : Foster, Johnson, Jagielka, Lampard, Gerrard, Lennon, Defoe.

I think England can do well with this. I think it's time to drop Gerrard, i don't care if he is captain. I think as a team England look and play better without him, i don't think he is that good anymore and England are better off with him on the bench. I am fed up with his glory passes that rarely pay off and he often gives the ball away because he doesn't have enough patience to build up an attack. The squad looks balanced and the bench would be one of the strongest in the world.

Lennon is England's best winger in my view, I wouldn't drop him. Also it would be more beneficial to have him and Walker on the right. I would put Lennon in for Walcott on the right, drop Chamberlian and have Walcott on the left cutting in and doing the only thing he's good for which is finishing. Apart from that, the team looks about as strong as it's gonna get. 

290513223225.png

Subs: Foster, Baines, Jagielka, Lampard, Milner, Walcott, Carroll

Firstly, I realised I spelt Wilshere wrong. I think 4-3-3 is best for England as our best chances of progressing at a tournament is by ensuring we concede as little as possible and that midfield is pretty solid with enough creativity to help us counter, I am serious about Rodwell as well. There is a real derth in quality centre backs, but Jones has the potential to be one of the best centre backs in the world. 

My team does not scream goals, but I come from the managerial school of Rehhagel, Mourinho and McCleish.

Edit: This team would still not beat Algeria, but it may only lose 2-1 to Germany.

Lennon is England's best winger in my view, I wouldn't drop him. Also it would be more beneficial to have him and Walker on the right. I would put Lennon in for Walcott on the right, drop Chamberlian and have Walcott on the left cutting in and doing the only thing he's good for which is finishing. Apart from that, the team looks about as strong as it's gonna get.

I'd agree with this, apart from that the first team posted is probably what i'd go with.

That being said, it's looking like SFL is the only person that can score for England these days, perhaps he should play ahead of Rooney.

Walcott gets nowhere near the England team for me.

He lacks control, composure and intelligence.

And there was me thinking they were the attributes needed to get an England cap.

----------------------------------Hart

Richards/Jenkinson-------Jagielka-----Dawson---------Baines

---------------------------Carrick-------Wilshere----------------

------------Walcott-----------Rooney/Lampard----------Young--

----------------------------------Sturridge--------------------------

----------------------------------Hart

Richards/Jenkinson-------Jagielka-----Dawson---------Baines

---------------------------Carrick-------Wilshere----------------

------------Walcott-----------Rooney/Lampard----------Young--

----------------------------------Sturridge--------------------------

:connie_oldman_cleanglasses:

^ Your entitled to your opinion. I wasnt to sure about left wing tbh we either have decent but inexperienced youngsters playing their or mediocrity like James Milner and Tom Cleverley.

Too many players for England aren't really good enough such as Oxlade-Chamberline but it is hard to avoid picking them as there is such a lack in quality players.

Anywhere here's my attempt. 

300513113347.png

England really needs to move away from 4-4-2 it just seems so flat now days.

Too many players for England aren't really good enough such as Oxlade-Chamberline but it is hard to avoid picking them as there is such a lack in quality players.

Anywhere here's my attempt. 

300513113347.png

England really needs to move away from 4-4-2 it just seems so flat now days.

Pretty much the same as my team except you have Cleverly instead of Rodwell. When I was doing it, I was just thinking my we really lack talent. I hear people say 'the likes of Lambert, Cork and Puncheon should get selected', dream on lads. Maybe Cork at a push as he can play right back and centre mid plus he's decent. 

I actually think we'll struggle to make Brazil. We've only beaten San Marino and Moldova in qualifying. Quite worrying with 4 games remaining. We have to win 2 of Ukraine, Poland and Montenergo to make the top 2.

Pretty much the same as my team except you have Cleverly instead of Rodwell. When I was doing it, I was just thinking my we really lack talent. I hear people say 'the likes of Lambert, Cork and Puncheon should get selected', dream on lads. Maybe Cork at a push as he can play right back and centre mid plus he's decent. 

I actually think we'll struggle to make Brazil. We've only beaten San Marino and Moldova in qualifying. Quite worrying with 4 games remaining. We have to win 2 of Ukraine, Poland and Montenergo to make the top 2.

There's really not a lot of talent coming through. Players such as Lennon can't be relied upon to stay fit and for as bad as Rooney has been for England recently there really isn't anyone else challenging. Sturridge is the closest but he's had four months in form so there is still a question mark over him. 

The problematic left wing is back, Young is overrated in my book and players like Adam Young and Scott Sinclair just didn't continue to develop as you would have hoped. 

We seem okay for centre backs as usual with players such as Smalling and Phil Jagielka being more than competent but the creative positions really aren't too great.  I thought Matt Jarvis looked promising at one point but again he's another player that just hasn't upped his game enough.

There's really not a lot of talent coming through. Players such as Lennon can't be relied upon to stay fit and for as bad as Rooney has been for England recently there really isn't anyone else challenging. Sturridge is the closest but he's had four months in form so there is still a question mark over him. 

The problematic left wing is back, Young is overrated in my book and players like Adam Young and Scott Sinclair just didn't continue to develop as you would have hoped. 

We seem okay for centre backs as usual with players such as Smalling and Phil Jagielka being more than competent but the creative positions really aren't too great.  I thought Matt Jarvis looked promising at one point but again he's another player that just hasn't upped his game enough.

Yeah we just have layers and layers of average. The back 5 is decent and has good cover though apart from Jones, none of the centre backs are particularly impressive (or potentially impressive), the midfield's we've selected are combative but not creative enough. I really worry about our creativity because we seem to not have enough to break through a good team and not enough to break through a team who sit deep and want to play percentages. We don't concede many goals, so we always have a chance in a tournament, but we need to be bolder against Poland and Montenegro at home to get to Brazil.

We have a boring manager who only knows how to play 1 way, I think this was obvious as soon as he took over.

Their are some exciting younger players coming through, but as usual they get over-hyped before they've really done anything.

We should be looking to bring more players though the under 21's and then stepping players up to the full squad, when their is an international break what harm would it do to pick an extra 5-10 players to take a look at in training, and to start intergrating these players into the full squad? As a nation too much pressure is put on the shoulders of a player coming into the squad.

anyway here's my team.

Hart

Walker

Jones

Cahill

Cole

Carrick

Wilshere

Walcot

Rooney

Lennon

Sturridge

We'd probably still get battered and Woy would somehow turn it into a 442.

The pool of "talent" Hodgson has to pick from is scarily poor. When you consider the likes of Mata can't even usually get into the Spain squad, let alone first team. And we have people like Milner, Welbeck, Walcott, Cleverley, etc... starting games. May as well give up and not bother going to tournaments.

The same Theo Walcott that scored 14 goals in the league from right wing and provided 10 assists(more assists than any other winger -not counting Hazard). I think his place in the England team is justified if I'm honest as he has clearly been England's best winger. 

The same Theo Walcott that scored 14 goals in the league from right wing and provided 10 assists(more assists than any other winger -not counting Hazard). I think his place in the England team is justified if I'm honest as he has clearly been England's best winger. 

Yes the stats look nice and i would still include him in the England squad but he needs to change his game when playing for England. He just runs and runs and runs, he doesn't do anything to beat his man he doesn't shot well and he doesn't pull off a decent pass or cross. He needs to start making an impact for England like he does for Arsenal soon or i think Lennon should come in for him.

No, the same walcott who has flattered to deceive his entire England career since that hat trick. Being England best winger is hardly something to boast about when the competition is downing, young etc.

Only half of those goals and around 6 of those assists were from the right wing. 

This is an acient thread, but continuing the idea, who would be your England XI

for Brazil?

Hart

--------------

Johnson

Cahill

Shawcross*

Baines

--------------

Gerrard

Wilshire

--------------