Koke linked with Chelsea switch

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Despite his obvious creative quality, I don't think Koke is a luxury player, he has plenty of defensive nous and his work rate is admirable. Admittedly he's not as solid as Mikel or Ramires but he is far more solid than Fabregas. Probably at least on Oscar's level.

Exactly this.

The rumours going around Oscar means that he could be sold this summer, and if we get Koke he could easily replace him and play alongside Matic with Fabregas moving into the 10 role

Perhaps i'm not familiar enough with Koke, but is he not quite similar in style to Fabregas? Why would he come here to play on the bench? As i'm very doubtful that Jose would stick two relatively "luxury" players into the most important area of the field.

Similar? Fabregas is days ahead of him in terms of flair and creativity. Koke is just somewhat marginally better than Oscar and more consistent, nothing more nothing less.

His creative stats are inflated due to well he takes all of Atleti corners and free kicks. From open play he's I doubt hardly any upgrade from Oscar creatively.

Plus he hardly scores.

But the thing is we need someone as a depth, so I wouldn't mind him.

Edited by CFCBlue12

Similar? Fabregas is days ahead of him in terms of flair and creativity. Koke is just somewhat marginally better than Oscar and more consistent, nothing more nothing less.

His creative stats are inflated due to well he takes all of Atleti corners and free kicks. From open play he's I doubt hardly any upgrade from Oscar creatively.

Plus he hardly scores.

But the thing is we need someone as a depth, so I wouldn't mind him.

Fabregas is more creative, but Koke suits a CM role next to matic much more than Oscar would, therefore having Fabregas move into the 10 where his creativity will become much more utilised 

Exactly this.

The rumours going around Oscar means that he could be sold this summer, and if we get Koke he could easily replace him and play alongside Matic with Fabregas moving into the 10 role

I'm inclined to think you are right on this one, the only caveat being that oscar signed a new contract back in November 2014 which keeps him here til 2019, so it might come as a surprise if oscar were to leave. 

I really want oscar to become our star at no.10 - he has flashes of genius and there is definitely a quality player in there, he is just too inconsistent. Hopefully with some rest this summer he can storm it next season and become the player we know he can be. 

no harm in having koke, oscar and fabregas in the same team. its the kind of depth we need if we want to be competing on all fronts. That said, i honestly dont know much about koke, seen him play a few times but would never say i was up to speed with his exact qualities. 

If we could get Koke for less than 25 mil, I'd be happy. But anything over 30mil is overkill. There are better players around.

I honestly don't think there are at his value. Pogba is not worth double his fee. Schneiderlin would cost roughly the same. Koke compares well with those two, statistically, but of course you have to factor in his position and the team he plays for. If you create a list of the top 10 sides in the world (of which I'm sure Atletico would be one) A.Madrid have the lowest possession and pass completion. When moved to CM, every time I've seen him, he has looked classy. Technically great (certainly more so than Oscar) and work rate to match. Also only a year older than Pogba. Pogba is the fancy decision, Koke is the smart one. Even at 30m Koke, in my opinion, is very likely to become a 40m+ player.

I'm inclined to think you are right on this one, the only caveat being that oscar signed a new contract back in November 2014 which keeps him here til 2019, so it might come as a surprise if oscar were to leave. 

I really want oscar to become our star at no.10 - he has flashes of genius and there is definitely a quality player in there, he is just too inconsistent. Hopefully with some rest this summer he can storm it next season and become the player we know he can be. 

no harm in having koke, oscar and fabregas in the same team. its the kind of depth we need if we want to be competing on all fronts. That said, i honestly dont know much about koke, seen him play a few times but would never say i was up to speed with his exact qualities. 

I would love to give Oscar the chance as well, usually the first half of the season he is brilliant for us, but second half of the season is very inconsistent. He'll still very young which means he has years to improve, but I jose seems to have lost his patience with him which is why there is transfer speculation around him.

Koke is sort of in the middle of Oscar and Fabregas I feel. Defensively he's much better than Cesc, but he's also not as creative. Whereas he is for sure more creative than Oscar but Im not sure if he has as much potential. So its a tough one. We could accommodate all 3 of them, but if that were the case then one of them will be getting far fewer games than they deserve, hence why I think we could only have 2 of the 3

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#la_liga/2014/2015/koke/136/136/1546/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/oscar/126/126/3129/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/cesc_fàbregas/126/126/306/0/p#attack_score/pass_completion/key_passes/chances_created/assists/goals_scored#90

Not much an upgrade on Oscar, and daylight behind Fabregas creatively... Plus he takes all set pieces of Atleti so his chance creation would definitely be inflated. 

SO we are spending like 40m pounds on a player who is haaaardly any upgrade on Oscar... I think it's ridiculous.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#la_liga/2014/2015/koke/136/136/1546/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/oscar/126/126/3129/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/cesc_fàbregas/126/126/306/0/p#attack_score/pass_completion/key_passes/chances_created/assists/goals_scored#90

Not much an upgrade on Oscar, and daylight behind Fabregas creatively... Plus he takes all set pieces of Atleti so his chance creation would definitely be inflated. 

SO we are spending like 40m pounds on a player who is haaaardly any upgrade on Oscar... I think it's ridiculous.

Pretty sure he doesn't take all their set pieces, I've seen Turan taken a fair share of them. 

But he's much better defensively than Fabregas is, and he can play deeper. This means than Fabreas can move into the number 10, where he can be more creative, and behind him Koke can be more defensive while also being creative. 

But with Oscar in our team, fabregas is playing deeper, when most likely he'll be better as a number 10

Koke: "I can assure you 100 percent that next year, I will be Atletico" (Mundo Deportivo) #CFC #Atletico

So be it. There was certainly no way Atleti were going to sell two of their most coveted player in a single transfer window anyway.

Exactly, but this deal always looked unlikely. Griezmann was the one that always looked likely to come here since the beginning

• 2 months later...