Chelsea TV - worth the money?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I had it last year - it was only £5 a year on top of membership.  Tbh I didn't watch it nearly as much as I thought I would - some of the programmes looked quite interesting but as my hubby isn't a Chelsea fan there's a limit to when I was going to watch it!  Maybe if I lived on my own or with another CFC fan I'd have got more use out of it.  

Well at £6 extra per month I'm gonna keep this for a season at least, see how much I watch it etc.

When we've won trophies before has there been live reactions from the players etc? And when we've done victory parades have these been aired live?

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

So I finally got Chelsea TV, it's only £6 extra per month so I thought why the hell not?

Who else has it? Do you think it's worth having?

I had Chelsea TV up until recently. They will show every first team match that Chelsea play, but only after a number of hours, due to TV rights. They will show all pre-season matches live and show behind the scenes on tour.

It's interesting to watch the under 21's which they normally show live and some youth games. You get to see behind the scenes with exclusive interviews.

I used to enjoy the pre and post match programmes and the phone in. Much of what the fans and pundits say is the same that we say on this forum!

My favourite pundits were Pat Nevin, Tommy Langley, Jason Cundy and Kerry Dixon (if he's allowed back after recent events!)

The only negatives is that they do repeat a lot of their programming.

But on the whole is you are an ardent Chelsea fan it is definitely worth it for £6 per month.

Edited by DELBY

Well at £6 extra per month I'm gonna keep this for a season at least, see how much I watch it etc.

When we've won trophies before has there been live reactions from the players etc? And when we've done victory parades have these been aired live?

Yes victory parades were always live with interviews with the players on the bus. The funniest thing was when Jason Cundy and Clive Walker were being interviewed live at Eel Brook Common as the bus approached and were getting pelted by celery!

I had Chelsea TV up until recently. They will show every first team match that Chelsea play, but only after a number of hours, due to TV rights.

It's interesting to watch the under 21's which they normally show live and some youth games. You get to see behind the scenes with exclusive interviews.

I used to enjoy the pre and post match programmes and the phone in. Much of what the fans and pundits say is the same that we say on this forum!

My favourite pundits were Pat Nevin, Tommy Langley, Jason Cundy and Kerry Dixon (if he's allowed back after recent events!)

The only negatives is that they do repeat a lot of their programming.

But on the whole is you are an ardent Chelsea fan it is definitely worth it for £6 per month.

Nice one thanks, I'll definitely wanna watch the phone ins, does that programme have a particular name?

If I remember rightly from when I had it, it's called "Live from Stamford Bridge."

It's worth it for the youth team coverage.  But Neil "spy" Barnet can be a bit of a bore with his constant "facts and figures."

Pre-season, and youth team stuff it's definitely worthwhile

Wish the daily news would just say it how it is. Sky break news during the day, Chelsea tv have a chance at 6:30 pm and still say nothing. In the last week Frank leaving and Costa medical both been ignored on the same day. Only once it's on web site do they do anything. Use the station to be exclusive!!

They do get first interview with new signings...one of my favourite shows is weekend review with jason candy and ben Andrews...gives good chelsea tactical analysis of games and highlights things you miss during a game...best thing is it's with a chelsea slant, so no sb...and they're not totally biased, they will criticise where need be

Its great during the season with the news and game reviews and the pre match build ups are a lot better than watching sky Liverpool FC Sports slagging off our manager and team.

However during the close season its pointless having it.

I caught some of the shows pirated off the web because we have no opportunity to gain access here in the States. Back then I didn't have cable television and when I did view the idiot box it streamed through the web on my computer hooked up to the tv. As most already mentioned the Under 21 matches were good, the phone-in show was entertaining (when I could understand what they were saying because few I remember sounded pissed), and a few other programs were decent too. I caught the CL celebrations which were superb (obviously) and unheard of being aired in the States. Think ESPN aired bull-riding that day.

Anyway, if I coud, I pay the $10 per month for it to watch on my tv. Definitely worth it imo...

Had it for a few years when I lived on my own and was well worth it. Shows like Blues News were always decent and the replays of classic matches etc were great for when you are bored etc.

There is a hell of a lot of repeats to be fair and quite a lot of dross padding it out but overall worth having.

I got rid of it when I moved in with my missus as I just don't get enough time to watch it in all honesty. Can't say I have really missed it, it is a luxury rather than a necessity for a Chelsea fan in my opinion.

Guest RFC_CFC

I have it (don't pay though).

Can't say I watch much of it other than pre season games or if we sign someone to see the interview ect.

I refuse to pay for any subscribtion things though, that's why I love my android box!