Following Our Nearest and Dearest Rivals, 2014-15

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

You said a new manager would get the best out of Toure, I'm asking why you think that when the current manager has been the only one to get the best out of him. 

I think it's more of a case of Yaya being in his prime at that time. 

City will be formidable next season if they get both Pep and Pogba... which I think they are going to get. But dunno how they can afford to spend 100m Euros on Pogba with regards to FFP.

Edited by CFCBlue12

City will be formidable next season if they get both Pep and Pogba... which I think they are going to get. But dunno how they can afford to spend 100m Euros on Pogba with regards to FFP.

I don't think Pogba is coming to the Prem and I don't think Pep is either

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Bayern Munich 0-1 Augsburg

I didn't see that coming - could this be the end of Pep's time for Bayern?

Meaningless match as they've already won the league. If Pep does go, this result won't be one of the reasons.

Bayern Munich 0-1 Augsburg

I didn't see that coming - could this be the end of Pep's time for Bayern?

He's in for a shock then if he comes to the Premier League. 

Does anyone honestly think Pep would have any interest in managing any of the clubs in the BPL next season and having to challenge Mourinho after seeing what he did with Chelsea this season? I got a great deal on Bridges (it's in the name, selling em's the game) for anyone who does.

Does anyone honestly think Pep would have any interest in managing any of the clubs in the BPL next season and having to challenge Mourinho after seeing what he did with Chelsea this season? I got a great deal on Bridges (it's in the name, selling em's the game) for anyone who does.

I think Pep would go to Italy or France before coming here..

Predicting when he does leave Bayern he'll end up at PSG

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Winning Bundesliga when you have this Bayern side isn't a massive achievement, I think in the current circumstances in both seasons a lot of managers could do what he did. But despite getting to the semi's he still hasn't managed to even compete nevermind get the better of the two Spanish sides. Pep is supposed to get Bayern in the same caliber as those two Spanish sides and he hasn't done that. 

They might play pretty but they got tactically battered last season against Madrid, Barcelona they got outplayed and the next time will be no different. 

Pep was also very naive at Barcelona however he had the best side in the world they always used to come back and win it when sticking with the same philosophy because they were that good. Except for his final season. He's definitely a very good manager when it comes to his philosophy his team always plays very good football and breaks teams down very well. Both of his sides have been very confident going into every game. 

But like I said Premier League is different ball game, ask Arsene Wenger or even Brendan Rodgers who is new to all this. Fergie dominated the Premier League but it wasn't in the same way Barcelona dominated, Fergie always rotated his side and set his teams up in different types of games, Premier League is different to the other leagues in Europe, very different. Pep would make a huge mistake coming here if he ever left Bayern. 

Edited by Sloth

I dunno why you guys think Pep couldn't make it in PL... He's an incredible manager and look what he's done in his such a short mangerial career... won 2 CL, won 6 leagues out of 7 I think. I know you'll say he's always managed strong sides with no competitions etc... it's true but not entirely. The Barca side he tookover was good but it was him who made them reach the next level and made them the best side in the world, and by playing some high class football that you'll die for.

He's an idealist and wants to stick with his plan.... yup he hadn't been that successful with Bayern.. (well in CL) but he lost to the teams that went on to win the competition..

I dunno why you guys think Pep couldn't make it in PL... He's an incredible manager and look what he's done in his such a short mangerial career... won 2 CL, won 6 leagues out of 7 I think. I know you'll say he's always managed strong sides with no competitions etc... it's true but not entirely. The Barca side he tookover was good but it was him who made them reach the next level and made them the best side in the world, and by playing some high class football that you'll die for.

He's an idealist and wants to stick with his plan.... yup he hadn't been that successful with Bayern.. (well in CL) but he lost to the teams that went on to win the competition..

I haven't seen anyone not promote the facts of Pep's achievements. I haven't even seen anyone down play it due to because he managed the best team in the world. I downplayed the Bundesliga because in truth it's not a difficult achievement when you're managing Bayern. 

He was outstanding with Barcelona, but as I pointed out in my post, Premier League is not the same, not saying it is better because I don't think it is but to win in the Premier League you have to have the right temperament. Pep lacks that, if he leaves Bayern it will prove more so. As Bobby said when the going gets tough Pep can't seem to handle it, perhaps being used to so much success it is hard for him to adapt. 

Sure you look at his records and achievements and you think "oh well how can he come here and fail" but it isn't that one dimensional really. 

Another win for Leicester! Pretty dull game but credit to them for getting the result wrapped up fairly early. Robert Huth is working wonders in their backline, and the fans have already taken to him, hope he stays on next season. If they can get at least a point out of Sunderland I reckon they are sorted!

Got cheered on by some delighted-looking Pompey fans on the way home as well, that was pretty funny.