Christian Atsu

ace
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Didn't see any topic discussing him, thought I would start this. Sounds like he is off to Everton for the year on loan. Not sure if he'll ever play for us, but I'll be following his development nonetheless.

A very unnecessary buy, can see him doing brilliantly this season and us once again being given stick when we choose not to use him next year, he doesn't really have a future for us unfortunately.

Albeit for a nice profit though! That is what we do. Buy talent let them develop. If they're Chelsea caliber we keep them if not they're sold. City buys clubs, we buy players. This is football now with FFP in place. Clubs need to make money any way they can to profit and stay within that FFP that UEFA and sh*t head Platini have put in place, right or wrong. Interesting to see if he enforces it on Monaco and PSG, Barca and Real, like he will with English clubs.

Maybe as an American it is a bit easier to comprehend because sport has been ran as a business for a while now but this really is the reality of football now. It's nothing short of a business with income statements and balance sheets that matter when all said and done. Not sayingI like it but it is what it is now... Assets and liabilities to squeeze every penny out. Not surprised to see players soon spun off to other clubs that the owner owns to get them off their books. Relieves the drag on their balance sheet. Imagine if we could spin off Torres to Vitesse to get him off Chelsea's books? We'd all be for it!

Hopefully ticket prices stabilize and clubs can find other means to profit. Otherwise it's the poor fans who pay like we do in America.

Edited by DoubleHelix

And not a single f**k was given.

Cant see him ever playing for us so it's hard to care where he ends up.

Was another unnecessary purchase in an already overstocked position.

If he ends up having a stormer at Everton he could end up in our squad, if not we sell for profit.  It's win-win.  Courtois is one of the success stories.  I'm loving this policy personally.  That said, he'd have to be some player to displace our AM's.  Good luck to him.

We seem to be developing a good relationship with Everton.

Albeit for a nice profit though! That is what we do. Buy talent let them develop. If they're Chelsea caliber we keep them if not they're sold. City buys clubs, we buy players. This is football now with FFP in place. Clubs need to make money any way they can to profit and stay within that FFP that UEFA and sh*t head Platini have put in place, right or wrong. Interesting to see if he enforces it on Monaco and PSG, Barca and Real, like he will with English clubs.

Maybe as an American it is a bit easier to comprehend because sport has been ran as a business for a while now but this really is the reality of football now. It's nothing short of a business with income statements and balance sheets that matter when all said and done. Not sayingI like it but it is what it is now... Assets and liabilities to squeeze every penny out. Not surprised to see players soon spun off to other clubs that the owner owns to get them off their books. Relieves the drag on their balance sheet. Imagine if we could spin off Torres to Vitesse to get him off Chelsea's books? We'd all be for it!

Hopefully ticket prices stabilize and clubs can find other means to profit. Otherwise it's the poor fans who pay like we do in America.

Excellent post! That is exactly why we have an agreement with Vitesse and we keep on buying young players just to loan them out.

If he ends up having a stormer at Everton he could end up in our squad, if not we sell for profit.  It's win-win.  Courtois is one of the success stories.  I'm loving this policy personally.  That said, he'd have to be some player to displace our AM's.  Good luck to him.

purely to piss off the dippers. Love it!

Guest RFC_CFC

Hopefully he can add a few million to his price tag, he'd have to make unbelievable improvement to get a place in the first team.

He looked good in the World Cup and if Salah and Moses can get a place in our squad then this lad is more than capable of doing the same.

A good season for Everton and who knows what will happen?

Either way it's win win for us.

Didn't think he looked that good at the world cup, he consistently made poor decisions, and lacked end product.

Saw him 3/4 times for vitesse last season and did better, but he was never the level piazon played at in the first half of the season.

I agree with Remodez, I don't think he will ever be good enough for us. Hopefully he does well and we get around 10m for him.

If he ends up having a stormer at Everton he could end up in our squad, if not we sell for profit. It's win-win. Courtois is one of the success stories. I'm loving this policy personally. That said, he'd have to be some player to displace our AM's. Good luck to him.

I understand its all for the benefit of FFP but its still stockpiling players in overstocked positions and then more often than not seeing them repeated sent out on loan.

We already have too many foreign players so unless Atsu has a Hazardesque style season I don't see us going out of our way to accommodate him.

We should be buying some strikers rather than all these attacking midfielders.

Didn't think he looked that good at the world cup, he consistently made poor decisions, and lacked end product.

It's seriously unwise to judge the potential of a young/inexperienced player on a) the world cup and b) his decision-making and end product. Atsu is quick, powerful and has good technique. All the building blocks are there, but it is impossible to tell at this stage which way he'll go.

Guest RFC_CFC

Apparently they can buy him for £8m at the end of the loan. Bit of a sh*t one if we end up keeping Moses for Atsu.

Doubt we will keep Moses, he will be sold on.

He didn't even get a look in for the dippers last year so he won't be getting one for us. Just a lower cup player for us and nothing more.

Atsu will be kept if he lights up the EPL, I expect him to get far more playing time than Moses anyway.

It's seriously unwise to judge the potential of a young/inexperienced player on a) the world cup and b) his decision-making and end product. Atsu is quick, powerful and has good technique. All the building blocks are there, but it is impossible to tell at this stage which way he'll go.

I was responding to someone who said looked good at the world cup, why not quote them and tell them how unwise they are being?. Why don't you read the posts properly.

Like I said I've seen 3/4 times for vitesse, and saw him for Ghana u20's a few times last summer, and I've seen him at the world cup.

From what I've seen he won't make it at chelsea football club. People complain about oscar, well he and atsu are the same age, the improvement atsu needs to reach even Oscars current level, is something I don't think he will ever achieve.

I was responding to someone who said looked good at the world cup, why not quote them and tell them how unwise they are being?. Why don't you read the posts properly.

Like I said I've seen 3/4 times for vitesse, and saw him for Ghana u20's a few times last summer, and I've seen him at the world cup.

From what I've seen he won't make it at chelsea football club. People complain about oscar, well he and atsu are the same age, the improvement atsu needs to reach even Oscars current level, is something I don't think he will ever achieve.

You were responding to someone without quoting them and yet you expect me to see some hidden link. Your judgement of how I read seems to be just as foul as your judgement of players.

People who 'complain' about Oscar are equally idiotic and like I said, to make such a definitive judgement at this stage is ridiculous.

Doubt we will keep Moses, he will be sold on.

He didn't even get a look in for the dippers last year so he won't be getting one for us. Just a lower cup player for us and nothing more.

Atsu will be kept if he lights up the EPL, I expect him to get far more playing time than Moses anyway.

Thing is though, if he lights up the league then he'll be bought for £8m if the rumour is true. Just a pointless loan really for someone we bought only to make profit on.

Would rather give Boga a shot than Moses.

the good thing is he is being loaned in england, so that must contribute to him qualifying as home-grown, which would benefit us in future as opposed to a loan abroad. same situation with omeruo, who must now qualify as homegrown as well?

Guest RFC_CFC

Thing is though, if he lights up the league then he'll be bought for £8m if the rumour is true. Just a pointless loan really for someone we bought only to make profit on.

Would rather give Boga a shot than Moses.

Is it not just the option to buy for £8 million if we allow him to go? I doubt if we wanted to keep him we would sell.

As for the above comments IMO he looked good at the world cup and was one of Ghanas best attacking outlets, everyone see's thing differently.

the good thing is he is being loaned in england, so that must contribute to him qualifying as home-grown, which would benefit us in future as opposed to a loan abroad. same situation with omeruo, who must now qualify as homegrown as well?

He cant ever qualify as homegrown as he is already 22.

That's why it's an odd signing to me, if we sell him for £8m we have made around £4.5m profit, hardly seems worth the effort does it?

Guest RFC_CFC

That's why it's an odd signing to me, if we sell him for £8m we have made around £4.5m profit, hardly seems worth the effort does it?

Well It's still a profit and iI'm sure the club will be happy with that although I do agree it seems a bit of a fuss for such a small return but sometimes these go the other way like Lukaku and De Bruyne giving us big profits.

I see the Marins, Moses, Atsu's, Piazons ect as just a waste of time and money as most of us could see from the get go these guys were never Chelsea quality.

We are going to face the same problems every season (the homegrown rule) with so many foreign talent we keep buying then loaning out for years at at time.

What effort is there in loaning out players? there is no pressure on our coaching or academy staff, just a little paper work.