Streaming Football

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Where does everyone stream their football from? I usually use flash streams on Wiziwig but have just started using Sopcast which is fantastic quality. I've seen a lot of links for Ace Stream but can't get it working.

Anyone else?

Where does everyone stream their football from? I usually use flash streams on Wiziwig but have just started using Sopcast which is fantastic quality. I've seen a lot of links for Ace Stream but can't get it working.

Anyone else?

Usually AceStream,or sometimes SopCast, it depends on the match and which streams are available. The quality tends to be either very good or excellent (much better than Flash, which I might use a last resort) but most of the streams seem to be Russian with only a few English options (but if it's Clive and Andy on commentary I'll sometimes pick a Russian stream on purpose). I've no idea why AceStream doesn't work for you, sometimes I have to quit and restart the software a couple of times but it always works for me eventually.

I messed around a bit with streaming through XBMC using the Sports Devil plugin but found the streams were mostly very low quality/unwatchable and I would spend the entire first half of matches switched between streams trying to find one that wasn't totally sh*t. This was about 2 years ago though so things might have improved since then.

Anyone else?

Acestream mostly and sometimes Sopcast from wiziwig.tv or torrent-tv.ru through p2p-streams or SportsDevil add-on in xbmc.

• 5 weeks later...

I always use and swear by this site http://www.stream2watch.me. After spending years hunting for a site that doesnt buffer every 30 seconds i came across this site and when i combined it with Addblocker its been win win ever since.

A little tip for those who arent very confident when using online stuff, stick to the sites that dont require you to download any additional software first.

Reason being is that add on software can be a minefield when trying to avoid virus or malware.

Can anyone enlighten us with how you use AceStream? Am I right in thinking it doesn't work on Mac? 

I tend to use Sopcast, but if I don't get in early I can never join the stream. Also, I can never find an english commentary link either!

There were a couple of links going around reddit with password protected HD streams, but they started to get taken down so they stopped publicising them. 

Don't know if this works for mac but for Windows you got to

1. Download Acestream - http://acestream.org/
  2. Install it
  3. Check if it works - http://info.acestream.org/#/test
  4. Then go to a stream website like Wiziwig and select the match
  5. Then we you get a list of what streams are available for the match, go to the filter tab and click Acestream

This process works for window and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't for OSX

Just find the appropriate download file online

Please make sure you only download things that you know off

I don't want somebodies laptop not working

If uncomfortable, just use flash streaming sites like firstRowSports

Edited by Sezze786

Is there any benefit to using Acestreams as apposed to normal ones? 

I don't want to clutter up my laptop with unneeded bits of software and downloads. 

Not going to lie, I only downloaded AceStream about a week or so ago and even then I haven't really used.

I've been blessed with family and mates giving me BT/Sky pass

So the first test of AceStram for me will be tomorrow for the Spurs game

I have used it on my tablet and the quality is brilliant - second to none (seriously)

It does at times buffer and stop but I genuinely believe that's down to the poor internet service I'm receiving at my halls rather than the software

So I guess the main difference will be the quality of the stream compared to a flash one

The only thing that gets downloaded (that appears in control panel) is "AceStream media"

The icon does run on boot up but I'm sure there's an easy way of disabling that

There's not a lot of things that gets downloaded so I think it's worth a try and if you don't like it, you can always un-install

Don't know if this works for mac but for Windows you got to

• Download Acestream - http://acestream.org/
  • Install it
  • Check if it works - http://info.acestream.org/#/test
  • Then go to a stream website like Wiziwig and select the match
  • Then we you get a list of what streams are available for the match, go to the filter tab and click Acestream
This process works for window and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't for OSX

Just find the appropriate download file online

Please make sure you only download things that you know off

I don't want somebodies laptop not working

If uncomfortable, just use flash streaming sites like firstRowSports

Cheers!

Gonna give it a go when I get back, I found a conversion video for mac.

I've been using Acestream for a couple of years for 90% of the matches I watch at home. With Acestream you get access to much better TV-quality streams provided your internet connection is up to it. The only downside is there are not usually as many Acestreams as there are flash, and occasionally it's not possible to get English commentary. There can also be a long-ish buffering period (few mins) before the stream starts, which isn't a big deal but you can find yourself watching the match a few minutes behind everybody else so don't monitor the match day thread (good advice in general) and turn off any score-alerts you might have on your phone...

Is there any benefit to using Acestreams as apposed to normal ones?

I don't want to clutter up my laptop with unneeded bits of software and downloads.

not that I can see over xbmc etc.

The main benefit od Acestream (and Sopcast) is that it's peer-to-peer, it isn't limited by the source's upstream bandwidth and that allows higher quality streams. The downside is also that it's peer-to-peer so if your provider is shaping the traffic on its network then you can have connection issues.

If you don't necessarily need/want English commentary then in most cases you can find a Russian/Ukranian/Romanian stream with 2000-5000 kbps bitrate.

not that I can see over xbmc etc.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Kodi (or xbmc if you prefer) is a media player/center. Acestream is basically a p2p video sharing software. They're doing different things and compliment each other. Yes, the standard install package has vlc built in as the player but that's just for common use on normal desktop pcs. If you use Kodi then you will need only the basic part of Acestream and open the local stream it provides in your media player of choice.

I usually watch games using acestream in Kodi ;)

I use first row sports. I think its just fine, well apart from the adds at the start but once you clear all of them then its decent!

Ad Blocker is brilliant for this. 

On the rare occasions there are advert boxes on the screen they are all blank and their close buttons are easily visible.