• Fabregas
    • Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Luis (sub)

I thought Cahill looked outstanding today.

By stark contrast, my mate heard that the radio city motm for Liverpool, picked by John Aldridge, was (drumroll)

GLEN JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!

No dea which Glen Johnson Aldo was watching but it wasn't the one that that we saw gaff his way through the match. Was gutted when I heard he was playing. As a former pro Aldo's obviously got a better football eye/brain than us, but I honestly don't know what made him think that he was ever motm.

I thought Cahill looked outstanding today.

By stark contrast, my mate heard that the radio city motm for Liverpool, picked by John Aldridge, was (drumroll)

GLEN JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!

No dea which Glen Johnson Aldo was watching but it wasn't the one that that we saw gaff his way through the match. Was gutted when I heard he was playing. As a former pro Aldo's obviously got a better football eye/brain than us, but I honestly don't know what made him think that he was ever motm.

Yet more evidence that John dodeydontdeydo Aldridge should be locked up in a hospital for the criminally insane.

Also I have never gone with the view that just because a person has played football at a high level they are automatically imbued with a perception, knowledge, insight and intelligence about the game above and beyond an intelligent, passionate fan.

I have heard Mr Alridge talk about football on many, many occasions. Based on my experience of his insights I doubt he could say "intelligence", let alone spell it.

Matic for me, he was incredible in midfield today he controlled the game and broke up play superbly. At times he was doing fabregas' defensive work for him aswell who I think has gone off the boil a bit recently and needs to step up again!

Archived