Half-term report

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Courtois 8/10 Probably a bit bored.

Dave 8/10 You can't fault him.

Ivan 7/10 It's a seven from me. Sometimes I think he gets too emotional.

Cahill 6/10 Harsh? Maybe. I don't think he's having a great season.

Terry 9/10 Now this boy is.

Matic 9/10 And so is this boy.

Fabregas 9/10 Er, and so is he.

Costa 9/10 Nines are the flavour of the day, obviously.

Oscar 8/10 Oscar just can't keep the run going.

Hazard 9/10 Ooh, we're back on nines.

Willian 7/10 No we're not.

Rest of the squad ..

Cech 7/10 Done well when he's been used.

Luis 6/10 Slightly underwhelming.

Zouma 7/10 I like the look of this boy.

Ramires 6/10 Not really been his season.

Mikel 6/10 It's a six from me folks.

Schurrle 6/10 Been very disappointing.

Salah 5/10 I'm feeling generous.

Drogba 8/10 Surpassed all expectation.

Remy 7/10 Has done well.

The manager 10/10 I don't think he could have done any more. We're playing brilliantly and we're still in every competition. Be churlish to give him less.

Xmas present - crossword puzzle book

Xmas present - whitening toothpaste

Xmas present - Kim Kardashian calender. Compare fat arses

Xmas present - johnt terrys "how to defend" manual

Xmas present - anything he wants.

Xmas present - copy of "return of the Mac" cd

Xmas present - 1001 celery recipes book

Xmas present - a smile, a hug and a please don't hurt me.

Xmas present - an Oscar. I've ran out of ideas ok.

Xmas present - a new whopping great big contract.

Xmas present - a radar.

Rest of the squad ..

Xmas presents - sprouts

Remy 7/10 Has done well.

The manager 10/10 I don't think he could have done any more. We're playing brilliantly and we're still in every competition. Be churlish to give him less.

Xmas present - a kiss from gem

Edited by dkw

agree. it is spot on. someone has clearly gained access to DB's account. and changed the password. possibly with a view to save all those lillies from getting the gilding he feels they deserve.

anyway- we've been great. this squad is really good and has so many options- we've got the players for so many specific aspects of the game.

I don't think we could really ask for more from them as a group. certain individuals can improve but there isn't a bad player among them. if ramires and schurrle find some form and fitness then we'll be in amazing shape.

Luis was frustrating today but he has been good for us.

As for Ivanovic I can understand but I also think he is very under appreciated on this forum, today did him no justice I thought he was a bit off today to be honest, but he is usually one of our best contributers to our attacking play. It's a big reason why he plays most games.

Courtois 8/10 Claims crosses brilliantly, can't think of a goal he could of stopped maybe bar Lampard's against City,

Dave 8/10 One of my favourite players, consistently good. Would be a 9 if he did more going forward

Ivan 7/10 Started brilliantly, faded slightly

Cahill 7/10 Been part of a great defence however not as good as Azpilicueta or JT,

Terry 9/10 Still irreplaceable. Seems like he gets better with age.

Matic 10/10 Player of the season so far for me, absolutely outstanding.

Fabregas 9/10 Our game changes when hes on form, fantastic signing.

Costa 9/10 Absolute beast. Love his passion.

Oscar 8/10 Good player. Suits our system well. Needs to score/assist more for a 9.

Hazard 9/10 Think him along with Aguero is the best player in the league. Fantastic.

Willian 6/10 I used to really appreciate Willian, but I think he's not good enough going forward. Works hard though.

Rest of the squad ..

Luis 6/10 Decent in parts, not as good as Dave.

Zouma 7/10 Impressive when hes played.

Ramires 5/10 Too many injuries.

Mikel 7/10 I actually think he's done well when he's played. Gets far too much stick at times.

Schurrle 6/10 Brilliant against Burnley, average rest of the season.

Salah 5/10 Same as Ramires, hasn't played enough.

Drogba 8/10 Done well when called upon.

Remy 7/10 Same as Drogba, just hasn't scored as many.

Edited by JMaher94

Ivan for me gets a reluctant 5 or 6 and not necessarily because of his play but because of his continued unsportsmanlike conduct.  For such a big man his theatrics are almost comical at times, diving, rolling around brings a blemish on the team and it puts us under the spotlight. If he wants to be the next captain I suggest he gets his act together and starts setting examples.  As far as his play goes,  I still say he plays too much inside and leaves lots of space for the oppositions wingers to attack.  He can't cross a ball consistently, he gets left up in the opposing sides box far too often when they counter attack and most times is sauntering back when its all too late....despite Luis game today it should be Dave RWB and Luis LWB.  Dave for me gets a 9, I can't remember a bad game.  

Dave had one bad game I can think of this year, don't remember against who, but I'd have to agree otherwise.

I asked my girlfriend as I was watching the game today why doesn't Mourinho try Dave at RB and Luis at LB? Don't think he's played that once yet, and I think it could be our best defensive line.

Courtois - 7 - Done well, but hasn't needed to be amazing yet.

Cech - 7 - As good as ever when needed.

Azpilicueta - 7 - Very solid defending as usual, not doing much going forward though.

Luis - 6 - Defending is a bit weak at times but does put in some good tackles. Still waiting to see him be the dangerous full back he was at Atletico

Ivanovic - 6.5 - Going forward he has been pretty good this season but many times the opposition get chances against us from his side.

Terry - 9 - He's been brilliant. Tackles, throwing his body in the way, positioning, heading, passing, goals, touch. Brilliant

Cahill - 7 - A few dodgy games here and there but overall he has been pretty solid

Zouma - 7 - Done well pretty much everytime he has been needed. Has an awkward passing style but as long as it works i'm fine with it.

Ake - 7 - Been good in the games he has played, would prefer him to start over Mikel personally

Mikel - 6 - Recently when he has started he has been ok, but the games in the league cup he has been poor and as a sub it's not working anymore.

Matic - 9 - Brilliant, my player of the season so far. His tackling in the middle has been world class, breaks up play and sets up our attacks so often.

Fabregas - 9 - Assist after assist after assist. He's currently playing the best football of his career. Brilliant start with us.

Ramires - 4 - Too many injuries have ruined his first half of the season

Oscar - 7 - Looks a lot better than he did last season. Works hard, get's goals and assists. Needs to work on his touch and being more clinical though.

Willian - 5 - Just doesn't do enough going forward. As soon as he get's close to the penalty area he makes the wrong choice or messes it up.

Schurrle - 5 - Too incosistent so far. Started the season well but then completely faded. Would like to see him get a proper run in the team

Salah - 4 - Just not Chelsea quality for me. He can run but can't seem to do much else. I wouldn't be surprised if he left in January.

Hazard - 8 - Excellent stuff from Hazard. He is in great form right now and i can only hope it continues because he is great to watch.

Diego Costa - 7 - Great in the league but seems to be slowing down. Hopefully he can stay injury free and start scoring in the cup competitions.

Drogba - 7 - Surprised me with how effective he has been. He still has a lot to offer.

Remy - 7 - Every time he plays he looks a threat, i think he should be at least getting as much game time as Drogba.

Jose Mourinho - 8 - Great management from Jose, he got us through the Champions League group stages with little fuss. Has got us into the League Cup semi final, has us top of the league and has made some brilliant signings. I still think we are struggling a bit against tough defenses though and he needs to get the team to stop being overly fancy against those sides. Sometimes you just need to take a few shots.

I wouldn't have anyone else managing the team right now.

Rest of the squad ..

Remy 7/10 Has done well.

Have to concur with that pretty much as is. Would only give 5 to Shirley based on first half of this season and for me the 6 is tough on Cahill, working to the nearest whole number I think you need to round him up to a 7. Jose's just ok on 10 but it's really a 9.501 as would like to see slightly more encouragement and involvement at the fringes for the younger talent.

It must frighten other teams to think we might improve in the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by mickydroysleftpeg

Courtois - 7 - Done well, but hasn't needed to be amazing yet.

Cech - 7 - As good as ever when needed.

Azpilicueta - 7 - Very solid defending as usual, not doing much going forward though.

Luis - 6 - Defending is a bit weak at times but does put in some good tackles. Still waiting to see him be the dangerous full back he was at Atletico

Ivanovic - 6.5 - Going forward he has been pretty good this season but many times the opposition get chances against us from his side.

Terry - 9 - He's been brilliant. Tackles, throwing his body in the way, positioning, heading, passing, goals, touch. Brilliant

Cahill - 7 - A few dodgy games here and there but overall he has been pretty solid

Zouma - 7 - Done well pretty much everytime he has been needed. Has an awkward passing style but as long as it works i'm fine with it.

Ake - 7 - Been good in the games he has played, would prefer him to start over Mikel personally

Mikel - 6 - Recently when he has started he has been ok, but the games in the league cup he has been poor and as a sub it's not working anymore.

Matic - 9 - Brilliant, my player of the season so far. His tackling in the middle has been world class, breaks up play and sets up our attacks so often.

Fabregas - 9 - Assist after assist after assist. He's currently playing the best football of his career. Brilliant start with us.

Ramires - 4 - Too many injuries have ruined his first half of the season

Oscar - 7 - Looks a lot better than he did last season. Works hard, get's goals and assists. Needs to work on his touch and being more clinical though.

Willian - 5 - Just doesn't do enough going forward. As soon as he get's close to the penalty area he makes the wrong choice or messes it up.

Schurrle - 5 - Too incosistent so far. Started the season well but then completely faded. Would like to see him get a proper run in the team

Salah - 4 - Just not Chelsea quality for me. He can run but can't seem to do much else. I wouldn't be surprised if he left in January.

Hazard - 8 - Excellent stuff from Hazard. He is in great form right now and i can only hope it continues because he is great to watch.

Diego Costa - 7 - Great in the league but seems to be slowing down. Hopefully he can stay injury free and start scoring in the cup competitions.

Drogba - 7 - Surprised me with how effective he has been. He still has a lot to offer.

Remy - 7 - Every time he plays he looks a threat, i think he should be at least getting as much game time as Drogba.

Jose Mourinho - 8 - Great management from Jose, he got us through the Champions League group stages with little fuss. Has got us into the League Cup semi final, has us top of the league and has made some brilliant signings. I still think we are struggling a bit against tough defenses though and he needs to get the team to stop being overly fancy against those sides. Sometimes you just need to take a few shots.

I wouldn't have anyone else managing the team right now.

Now that's more realistic

Ivan for me gets a reluctant 5 or 6 and not necessarily because of his play but because of his continued unsportsmanlike conduct.  For such a big man his theatrics are almost comical at times, diving, rolling around brings a blemish on the team and it puts us under the spotlight. If he wants to be the next captain I suggest he gets his act together and starts setting examples.  As far as his play goes,  I still say he plays too much inside and leaves lots of space for the oppositions wingers to attack.  He can't cross a ball consistently, he gets left up in the opposing sides box far too often when they counter attack and most times is sauntering back when its all too late....despite Luis game today it should be Dave RWB and Luis LWB.  Dave for me gets a 9, I can't remember a bad game.  

Ivanovic is clearly asked to push on like that by Jose and he gives us almost all of our width on the right flank. He's the most under-appreciated member of our squad, with people constantly wanting him replaced yet he's easily one of our most important players.

Whatever score Azpi gets, Ivanovic deserves at least the same and I love that he's starting to get more chants at the Bridge because he deserves it.

Ivanovic is clearly asked to push on like that by Jose and he gives us almost all of our width on the right flank. He's the most under-appreciated member of our squad, with people constantly wanting him replaced yet he's easily one of our most important players.

Whatever score Azpi gets, Ivanovic deserves at least the same and I love that he's starting to get more chants at the Bridge because he deserves it.

I nearly gave Ivan an eight but he was docked a point for defending with his arms behind his back.

Davey's Rules. Defend with your arms behind your back. Docked one point.

If he doesn't like it he can change it.

It's up to him.

Courtois - 7 - Hasn't had much to do, but has made a few decent saves, his ability to deal with crosses and corners has impressed me, but at times I think he could have done better with a few of the goals that we've conceded, maybe that's a bit harsh.

Azpilicueta - 8.5 - Almost faultless defensively, but could add more going forward, as others have mentioned.

Luis - 7 - An attacking threat going forward, has a great shot on him, as we have seen with his free kick, he doesn’t perform as well as Dave defensively though, wide men have beaten Luis on one on one's a bit too often.

Ivanovic - 7.5 - Strong going forward, reasonably strong in defence, but not strong enough, plus he's had a few attitude issues recently.

Terry - 9 - Almost faultless so far this season,

Terry is still our best defender.

Cahill - 7 - I would have given him a 6 to 6.5, but I think that he's stepped up recently, he's had some solid games, the Liverpool game, but he's been too inconsistent, his dive was woeful. However, I think he's gradually improved, he still hurls himself at blocks to try and stop a goal and I appreciate that.

Mikel - 7 - Put this man in a disguise and most people would give him a 7 to 7.5, but his name is John Obi Mikel, so some people automatically give him a low score. But let's judge this long time servant fairly, he's honestly put in some really good performances, Everton away, Newcastle, West Ham, he isn't Matic, or Makélélé, but he's still a very capable defensive midfielder.

Matic - 10 - It's a 10 for me, because I cannot fault him at the moment. Give me a reason to lower my score.

Fabregas - 8.5 - Started the season in fine form, with some great assists, but I dropped my score from a 9, because I don't think he's been quite as influential recently. Booked recently based on the teams reputation, largely due to the media, which is insane, I'll hope he'll go on another great run of form.

Oscar - 7.5 - Definitely more than a 7 for me, he's been a bit inconsistent at times, but he's had moments of brilliance, a stunning free kick, a fine finish against QPR, a great assist for Hazard, but we need to see it more often.

Willian - 6 - I have not been overwhelmed by Willian's performances, he does get back and defend, but he doesn't offer enough going forward, even with his pace, he doesn't score enough, or assist enough. I thought his best performance was against Maribor, but that was a while ago now.

Schürlle - 6.5 - At times he has been given opportunities and has failed, but I'm a fan of Schürlle and let's be honest, he hasn't been given a long enough run in the team, for him to build up any kind of consistent form. Schürlle can be too selfish at times, I wouldn't mind if he scored, when he could have passed, but at times he can't hit a barn door, needs to use his head more, at times he has one thing in his head, shoot, even if it's from an unlikely scoring position. However, he offers more than Willian going forward and there's no way he should be sold in January, Mourinho's decision to play Willian over Schürlle is a baffling one at the moment.

Hazard - 8 - Started the season a bit slowly, but he's come in to form recently, he's such an influential player, I hope he can get better and better.

Diego Costa - 8 - started the season in incredible form, his goals have dried up a bit, but he scored a cracking goal against West Ham, he's still a huge threat for us and there's no way that he's slowing down, his work rate recently against Stoke was huge.

Drogba - 7.5 - Drog's has been fantastic this season, surpassing people's expectations, he's still a massive threat up front, a great physical presence.

Remy - 7 - Hasn't been given much opportunities, but most of the opportunities that he has been given, he's done very well, has a lot of composure on the ball and he's a very calm finisher.

Céch - 7 - He hasn't been given much opportunities either, but he's looked reasonably solid when he has filled in for Courtois, I'm still feeling sorry for him at the moment.

Schwarzer - N/A - I wonder if he'll make one appearance this season, he is a legendary goalkeeper though, I've always admired him.

Aké - 7 - I've been disappointed with the amount of game time that's he's been given, but when he has played, his talent is there for all to see, I think he has the potential to be a very good player.

Christensen - 7 - Based on his one and only performance, I thought that he looked very composed, talented player.

Zouma - 7.5 - I can't really fault him too much, he was possibly slightly at fault for United's late equaliser, but he has often looked very composed. His passing is impressive and he is a strong presence alongside John Terry, future captain?

Ramires - 5 - Injuries have hampered him, but to be honest, I haven't been overly impressed when he has played, I hope he can get some more game time, he has great pace and he's an attacking threat, but he hasn't looked great when he's played, missed an absolute sitter the other day.

Loftus-Cheek - 7.5 - Based on his one performance, I thought that he looked very good, he looks like a player that can not only control the game, but he can be an attacking threat too.

Salah - 5.5 - A poor performance in the League Cup, but his performance against Sporting Lisbon was very good, he took players on and beat them, put some very good balls in to the box, but how can we really judge him? I wanted to see him get an opportunity after that Sporting game, but it seems like he may get sold now.

Solanke - 5 - Based on his one performance, he wasn't given much time to show anything, looked a bit out of his depth possibly in the Champions League, but didn't have time to grow in to the game, he has a lot of potential.

So managed to find somthing and a quick look shows we hold the record wiith 46 points, this was in 2005/06 and the nearest rival was united 9 points behind, they ended up finishinig 8 points behind but we took our foot of the gas big time that season. 

It's actually says something about city that they have managed to keep pace. Honestly I don't think they could have set the pace

Believe you have your seasons mixed up Barak.

Season 2004/05   pts 46  5 ahead of second place Arsenal. final pts tally 95.

season 2005/06   pts  52  11 ahead of Utd                            final pts  tally 91