Charity shield August 1

We always seem to lose in the Shield, so I'm not going to be over confident.

Yeah but jose never loses to wenger

First time for everything. It could be a disaster in terms of bragging rights if the players fail to show up. I hate losing to Arsenal more than anything. 

First time for everything. It could be a disaster in terms of bragging rights if the players fail to show up. I hate losing to Arsenal more than anything. 

More than Liverpool?, i must admit it is a hard choice between the two..

Think they are going to turn us over to be honest, and that's fine. It's only a friendly - it's just those f**king awful fans bleating about it that will annoy me.

Can't help but feel we have made a bit of a pigs ear of the pre season. We seem a little behind everyone else after starting later than everyone else and are seemingly cramming games in. Some players, particulary the younger ones don't seem to have had a run out at all.

I certainly can't remember a game at SB 3 days before the season kicks off before either.

Think they are going to turn us over to be honest, and that's fine. It's only a friendly - it's just those f**king awful fans bleating about it that will annoy me.

Can't help but feel we have made a bit of a pigs ear of the pre season. We seem a little behind everyone else after starting later than everyone else and are seemingly cramming games in. Some players, particulary the younger ones don't seem to have had a run out at all.

I certainly can't remember a game at SB 3 days before the season kicks off before either.

Lol

We're miles ahead of arsenal, there's nothing to suggest otherwise

I've watched enough and been to enough of these matches to know its a glorified friendly. Anyone who reads anything into it is being a little naive.

The fact it's Arsenal makes it more interesting of course but it's a friendly and the club will be treating it as such. Means very little, though the Gooners will of course crown themselves champions if they win it.

Edited by bjd

This is really a game we could do without. Win and it really doesn't count for a lot except some bragging rights over Gooner mates. But don't want to lose as it's them and it would mean an end to the Mourinho v Wenger record. It will have to end at some point so guess this would be a better game than any for it.

Hope we win and win well but it won't be the end of the world if we don't but regardless of the outcome, I do see Arsenal as our biggest threat this season and won't be changing my mind after one game.