John Stones

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

New thread.

Genuinally couldn't care less if I'm coming across as a power hungry bitch, anything that takes this thread off topic is either getting deleted or edited. I'm sorry to all those members who made decent contributions throughout the previous topic, I don't think any of my posts were about the actual player so I know I didnt exactly help matters.

---------

... So... a second d bid has been made for John Stones, I can't see us giving up now so if we don't get him I suspect will will try until the end. I do think we're going to have to smash the transfer record for a defender though and watch out for the Manchester clubs waiting in the wings.

There will be a 3rd in all likelihood. Nothing has changed Everton are just trotting out the same line as after 1st bid. Mind you I dont even think any of their officials have contacted SSN,

Edited by RickUK

I am a bit surprised how this has gone, to be honest and I will tell you why. Big clubs rarely go through this route. They meet with the players agent, agree on personal term. The player also promises to do everything possible to push the deal through. Then the club contact the selling club and spend time... possibly weeks and months negotiating the deal (without making a bid) until a deal is agreed and the amount agreed upon is paid. Because when bid are made it means that the selling club and the buying club are not negotiating. For whatever reason! Either the selling club refuses to come to the negotiating table because they dont want to sell, or the buying club is planning on forcing the sale with the player pushing it through.

In this case, I am more inclined to feel like a deal has been agreed and Everton needs their fans to believe that they fought to retain stones, but it was not to be? I dont know, but it seems weird that Chelsea will be making bids, repeatedly. Especially, how Mourinho sounded very confident earlier on. Even with Tery making comments as early as May, 2015. And in fact, in May 2015, DI Marzio had said Chelsea was in negotiating with Everton for stones at that time.

I think if stones went anywhere else but here, he won't develop into that much better of a player. I say terry success contributed to being alongside one of the very best defenders in the game, but anywhere else and who is stones going to learn from that is at terry level? Zouma as an example, has become a powerhouse in just over a season under the guidance of terry. I believe this in itself shows you the impact and importance of learning from the best does. We don't know stones' potential and I am not holding my breath on him becoming a world class defender any time soon, especially not reaching the level of john terry.

Not sure we need a thread for him now. Sky sources say an everton director has told us stones will not be sold for any price.

Jose said if they did that we move on. So should be case closed.

Can you post the link where an everton director said that he will not be sold at any price?

EDIT: because I can't find it any where.... I read they "have not intention to sell" - of course they have no intention to sell but no intention and not for sale at any price our two different things, and if you think that nothing is going on behind closed doors your nuts. 

As iv'e said before, 32 gets this done. It's a lot but if he is everything these toffees are saying he is, could prove worthit 

Edited by barak81

Jose wanted Shaw but was put off by his price and wages, which has worked out well for us in the end, I can see the same thing happening with Stones. Unless Stones forces a transfer himself which I don't see happening either. 

I saw one paper say that if we can't get Stones we have a plan B but who does everyone think our plan B might be

I quite like Dier, exact same player as Stones in both ability and potential but that's obviously quite unrealistic seeing as it's Spurs. 

Hopefully it's one of our own though. 

Weren't we linked with the young Italian Romagnoli a while back wouldn't mind if it was him seems like he has as much potential as stones but without the price tag.

Obviously that would mean looking elsewhere for our English core, but hopefully that can be RLC and Brown or Solanke.