Who to buy in the next transfer window and who to sell ?

will12

Is it all out for Stones with a monster bid or Pogba again or both and break the bank ??

Or do we go for another right or left back to replace Ivan ?

On the sell list for me is Ivan and heres one really controversial, I'd sell Hazard while we can get top money for him and use that money to fund the above . We have Willian and Pedro and I think Willian deserves the starring role !!

Also give Falcao back and find a younger 3rd choice striker, someone like Austin or jay Rodriguez.

What about Emmanuel Adebayor?

Just about to post a thread about him actually but thought it was too early.

He needs a Fresh start somewhere and I think he'll fit in to exactly what we need.

On Fifa 15, I signed him up for us and he was our top scorer.

Hmm good question would love to get Stones in but I just can't see it happening in January.

We definitely need a defensive midfielder and I think we need a striker but I can't really think of any names. Would love for us to go for someone like Higauin but his price tag is ridiculous. I would say Austin but I don't think we'd go for him unfortunately.

Ivan's been poor but I wouldn't sell him. Sell Hazard? Are you insane?

What about Emmanuel Adebayor?

Just about to post a thread about him actually but thought it was too early.

He needs a Fresh start somewhere and I think he'll fit in to exactly what we need.

On Fifa 15, I signed him up for us and he was our top scorer.

He does the same at every club starts well and fades. No thanks!

Also FIFA 15 isn't real life.

I still thinking that we have a good squad, we're just out of form and Jose playing too much some players that can't play anymore for us. We have few young players that need to have a chance to play for us, they're looking promising and talented, if we would buy any player that would block their position then I think would be hard to see them, those players are: Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Bertrand Traore and Ola Aina.

We also have few players that I think shouldn't be playing for us and we can sell them, they are Fabregas and Falcao (give him back to Monaco). 

Before the window starts Jose should look more into the squad and see all of the players, for me Bertrand Traore can play as 3rd choice striker and 2nd choice attacking winger, Jose should test him. But if he fails and disappoint us, then we should look for another striker. 

In my opinion this should be our main starting line:

Begovic (until Courtois is back)

Azpi

Terry

Zouma

Baba Rahman ( His height is alright, I can't find any tall LB's)

Matic

RLC

Pedro/Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

Bench: Blackman (Until Courtois is back), Ivanovic/Aina, Cahill/Papy, Ramires, Traore, Kenedy/Willian/Pedro, Remy.

Id love us to make a bid for Youri Tielemans. It's clear he's going to be a star and I'd love him to come to us.

Another fullback as Jose clearly doesn't rate Rahman.

Dave to the right and a left back signed. Ricardo Rodriguez or Jose Gaya are excellent players.

Defender - Stones, Varane or Laporte. Future partnership with Zouma would be fantastic.

Midfield is our weakness. RLC needs brought into the squad now. He will be a mainstay for years. Tielemans as mentioned above is another realistic target.

Defensively, Veratti or Bender would be ideal beside Matic.

There are numerous strikers but we could do with pace, therefore Lacazette would be the perfect fit and would be a mainstay for a long time.

Aubameyang is another realistic target and we have had much discussion on Griezmann.

I'd be happy with 2 of these players let alone all.

Obviously all these players would benefit us in the long run but provide a short term fix too. The way this season has went, we will probably end up with Lee Cattermile and Cameron Jerome.

Hmm good question would love to get Stones in but I just can't see it happening in January.

We definitely need a defensive midfielder and I think we need a striker but I can't really think of any names. Would love for us to go for someone like Higauin but his price tag is ridiculous. I would say Austin but I don't think we'd go for him unfortunately.

Ivan's been poor but I wouldn't sell him. Sell Hazard? Are you insane?

Is it insane ? How much is he worth at the moment 60-80 mill I reckon maybe more . That money pays for John Stones who we are gonna desperately need next season.  Plus we have Willian (proven) Pedro ( proven ) and Kenedy ( looking very promising )

I love how people just forget how good Fabregas was for us last season and we probably wouldn't have won the league without him.

Tailed off for some inexplicable reason though didnt he. Hope he gets it back now hes got another spanish mate in the side !!

I love how people just forget how good Fabregas was for us last season and we probably wouldn't have won the league without him.

I always feel bad for him, because he was very good for us last season and was an important player, I enjoyed watching him playing. This season is different, he's the just negative side from the last season. My personal opinion is that he won't return to that form and he's losing his class with the time. Again, this is my opinion, I really want him to play like he did last season, but I can't see that coming, hopefully I'm wrong about this.

This isn't the summer window - we shouldn't really be selling anybody in Jan but I think we need a player who is going to be in the first team and make an impact straight away. (preferably a centre midfielder.... who is French... and 22... and plays for Juve.)

Personally I think our defence is good enough, Jose just isn't using it correctly. The best RB in the league plays at left back, the worst right back plays in his position. Our position in the league no way reflects our current crop of centre halves. Terry was the best in the league last season and Cahill was also up there. Zouma has been very promising despite our start to this season. I think JT should still be first choice in league games alongside Zouma.

I've always admired Fabregas as a player and was pleased when we signed him. But I recall many Gooners saying how he starts well and then fades and perhaps there is something in that. Still a class act on his day but too often a bit of a passenger and I would still prefer Mata to him if given a straight choice.

I've always admired Fabregas as a player and was pleased when we signed him. But I recall many Gooners saying how he starts well and then fades and perhaps there is something in that. Still a class act on his day but too often a bit of a passenger and I would still prefer Mata to him if given a straight choice.

He definitely isn't a 'Mourinho player' in this current system. He needs two midfielders behind him who are going to do the dirty work rather than just Matic beside him. Not only this but he's also terribly out of form too.

I think Fabregas fits the definition of a 'luxury' player in our side at this moment in time. Drop him and play RLC.

We all saw that Fabregas can be the best player in the team if not the league, its up to Jose and his team to work out how to get the most out of him, because if they can do that he is an absolute monster on the pitch.

I am not a big fan of the Christmas Window as the players available are over priced or just garbage therefore transfer activity should be limited unless absolutely necessary.

The sad truth is that in our case it is absolutely essential we bring some new faces in order to provide some sort of lift to the club, fans, players and the Management. I believe the club may go for Austin as the player is keen for the move and we seem a little lost up front especially when Costa is not around and secondly I think Wanyama would be a great purchase in the window to being in some energy.

Worst right back in the league?? I know Bran has been poor this season but let's not exaggerate here, Alan Hutton and Danny Simpson play in this league after all...

It was a figure of speech but I was talking about this season would genuinely put him alongside them. He's done absolutely nothing positive.

I dont know if its just me, but when people suggest us going in for Charlie Austin, I simply cant get my head around it. Yes he scored x amount of goals last season, but can anyone actually see him contributing. Say we line up with Austin in the champions league, I cant think of many defenders who will be worried. I would say he is a mildly average player at best, in the grand scheme of strikers. And should not be considered as a target. For me, he is not a top 4 club striker.  What we need is someone with pace and a bit of zip, young and mobile. Lets face facts, Charlie Austin could easily be misconstrued as your average bloke with a pie in one hand pint in the other. Not chelsea material.

I dont know if its just me, but when people suggest us going in for Charlie Austin, I simply cant get my head around it. Yes he scored x amount of goals last season, but can anyone actually see him contributing. Say we line up with Austin in the champions league, I cant think of many defenders who will be worried. I would say he is a mildly average player at best, in the grand scheme of strikers. And should not be considered as a target. For me, he is not a top 4 club striker.  What we need is someone with pace and a bit of zip, young and mobile. Lets face facts, Charlie Austin could easily be misconstrued as your average bloke with a pie in one hand pint in the other. Not chelsea material.

Now you put it like that I have to agree but who else is there thats young, a goal scorer and won't mind sitting on the bench, thats the dilema !

Haha sorry I thought you meant it.

As far as the question in the thread title goes, it's a hard one to answer without knowing whether our form will recover, which players will return to their best, and also who the manager will be and how he intends to see the side play. If we continue to wallow in the bottom half do we attempt to spark the side into action with a big January push (à la Luiz + Torres) or do we, as José has insinuated, stick with the kids and see whether we can change the side more organically? Ideally if we're going after a big swinging dick of a signing we'd probably be better off waiting until the summer when we have a better opportunity to embed him into the side, and when he would also likely be cheaper. I suppose any potential 'big' signing in January will largely be based on whether there is any opportunity to make it happen, swooping in suddenly like we did with the Pedro deal.

If Ivanovic or Fabregas continue on their current trajectories it might be an idea to start sniffing around for long-term replacements (although a January panic buy is probably not the right way to go about it).

The obvious answer is John Stones. He'd be a long-term option at centre back, and theoretically he and Zouma could be our first-choice partnership for a decade or more. Obviously the club want him, the manager wants him, and judging by the transfer request the player himself wants the move. When that happens is a different matter I suppose. However, if our defence continues to put in such tragic performances, and if we are going to get ripped off anyway, it might be a case of the sooner the better.

Stones, if Everton decide to sell this time.

And we could do with a real beast in CM, like an Essien-type. Though I'd be very hesistant about spending outrageous money on Pogba.

The fact they dug their heels in so firmly in August, they are unlikely to suddenly say in January, "oh okay then, he's all yours!"

I would like him here but the chances are remote and he currently stands a better chance of finishing higher in the league staying where he is.

Archived