Jump to content

Tiémoué Bakayoko


havelschayes
 Share

Recommended Posts

Funny how all the media in the world focused on us letting Matic go to ManU and failed to remember we bought Baka to improve our team and to replace him. For me this was pretty obvious as it happened.

Baka still has ways to go even to be as important as Matic was to us but I sincerely feel he is much more suited to Conte than Matic was.

He will shut a few people off as the season progresses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


For me easily the best singing this summer. Looks a beast and once fully up to speed will be a key player. 

These experts condemning the Matic sale, really have no idea and just jumped on the band wagon. He was very average last year and a pairing of him and Kante just didnt work. Baka has more dynamism, athleticism and technique.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reserving judgement but I liked his game on Saturday. The dribbling in midfield in particular was a feature. 

One moment in particular highlighted that for me and that was Morata's goal:

We normally like to switch the ball from wingback to the nearest midfielder to the far midfielder to the advancing centre back. When we had the ball on the weekend Vardy was often standing between the two midfielders to break this chain.

In the build up to the goal, seeing Vardy in the way, Bakayoko drives the ball back into midfield himself and passes to Dave directly. This opens the space for the cross.

Simple but not something we would have seen from Matic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jamie#8 said:

For me easily the best singing this summer. Looks a beast and once fully up to speed will be a key player. 

These experts condemning the Matic sale, really have no idea and just jumped on the band wagon. He was very average last year and a pairing of him and Kante just didnt work. Baka has more dynamism, athleticism and technique.

 

Didn't see many people complaining about the Matic sale, more complaining about who we sold him to. Regardless of who we brought in we still strengthened our opponents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

Didn't see many people complaining about the Matic sale, more complaining about who we sold him to. Regardless of who we brought in we still strengthened our opponents. 

Every pundit going slammed the decision. 

He isn't a World Class player anymore so for me it didn't matter who we sold him to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Every pundit going slammed the decision. 

He isn't a World Class player anymore so for me it didn't matter who we sold him to.

every pundit slammed giving him to Utd, didn't see many (if any) slam us for selling him. Think everyone knew he wasn't good enough for our midfield two but would upgrade that Utd line up 10 fold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

every pundit slammed giving him to Utd, didn't see many (if any) slam us for selling him. Think everyone knew he wasn't good enough for our midfield two but would upgrade that Utd line up 10 fold. 

I think it's just the initial shock factor for that Utd team. They haven't really strengthened their team, only improved the squad tbf. They replaced Zlatan with Lukaku and Herrera with Matic. 

Matic when motivated is great but when he's not...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People wanted to make a thing because of Chelsea-Jose-history. Simple thing, and to add to that pundits were in a choir singing about us being stupid. We wanted to improve and this was a move for that. Matic also was ready to experience something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, charierre said:

Saturday showed me for the first time why we invested in him. Physically imposing and should develop tactically under Conte. Clearly the games against Juve last year which left a lot of us(me included) underwhelmed at the prospect of signing him didn't project his best assets.

If anyone wrote him off based on the Juve game while carrying an injury then that's stupidity at it's finest. Like when Hazard was aparrently a snake and downing tools because he wasn't fully firing when playing with a hip injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, evissy said:

Funny how all the media in the world focused on us letting Matic go to ManU and failed to remember we bought Baka to improve our team and to replace him. For me this was pretty obvious as it happened.

Baka still has ways to go even to be as important as Matic was to us but I sincerely feel he is much more suited to Conte than Matic was.

He will shut a few people off as the season progresses.

2014 Matic granted, but compared to Matic 2015 onwards Baka is a huge upgrade and that's evident easily even this early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Argo said:

If anyone wrote him off based on the Juve game while carrying an injury then that's stupidity at it's finest. Like when Hazard was aparrently a snake and downing tools because he wasn't fully firing when playing with a hip injury.

NO he was pony that game, positionally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I'd agree with that and he was still a bit lost positionally on Saturday I think. Rudiger was bellowing at him all game. That said we know Conte's key strength is building tactical nous in his players so we can expect that to improve.

 

I do agree tactically Conte can make him a far better player and when you add his physical attributes his potential is immense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!