Tiémoué Bakayoko

havelschayes

On 02/08/2017 at 16:48, Strider6003 said:

Out of interest, where does 'My bad' come from?

I'm seeing it more and more, my guess is India and it translates as 'my mistake'.

It is an Americanism popular among under 30s mainly, and has spread around the English speaking world through Hollywood.

• coco unpinned this topic

Luiz told SFR Sport: "Baka is a special person, a little one who has great humility. I say small because he is 22 years old when I am 30 but he's a monster.

"I hope he can do the same thing as in France. He was great in both the league and the Champions League. I hope he will adapt quickly to the English championship.

"It's a little bit different in intensity. He will see that there are monsters like him physically. But he's a great guy, who's always working well."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-defender-david-luiz-we-need-bakayoko-to-adapt-quickly-4194475#6VSwYwxE9i4L5joV.99

Apparently, he might be rushed back for the Spurs match. Not sure I'd really want him to be rushed back when we can play Luiz beside Kante and stick Christensen at CB tbh.

Today's Press Conference. Might put in an appearance at some point on Sunday, would make a huge difference to the team.

Conte; "Bakayoko is improving very well. He's not at the top physical condition but I think he could be in contention for the game."

Hard to judge his performance today, as he's obviously not fully fit yet and will take weeks until he is. I thought for long periods the game seemed to pass him by and he really needs to stop giving away so many free-kicks. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a month or so until he's fitter though. Plus we are unlikely to play with a 3-man midfield very often, so that makes it even harder to judge.

Edited by Zeta

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Hard to judge his performance today, as he's obviously not fully fit yet and will take weeks until he is. I thought for long periods the game seemed to pass him by and he really needs to stop giving away so many free-kicks. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a month or so until he's fitter though. Plus we are unlikely to play with a 3-man midfield very often, so that makes it even harder to judge.

This. Did not see him for first 15-20 minutes. Then made a string of fouls, then missing for some minutes, then he had a great run.

Might be down to lack of fitness (match as well as physical). Hope we continue with Luiz in mid until he is fully fit. 

Thought he and Morata looked short of fitness today, but Bakayoko definitely showed me enough to be very positive (I know, it something I really struggle with), he looked strong, dynamic and broke well with the ball.

His distribution wasn't really on show today so we will judge that as the season passes.

Glad he managed to play today as with Fabregas we were short of midfielders.  

We all should remember it was his first official match with us, had no pre-season, passed serious injury and his first game to start against Spurs, high temp of the game, a lot of work for him. 

Happy to have him, he showed very good signs, especially when we have another player who can run strong with the ball forward, big plus for our counter attacks. 

More games to come, better for us.

I don't know what people expect, wanyama who bossed us last season was shut down, Baka is coming off a surgery first game in a massive game, London derby, plus the middle was packed, playing 3 as they were it's hard to look pretty and distribute in that congestion.

he sh*t down the passing lanes and stopped wanyama breaking through and stuffing our ability to play out, he wasn't at his best but he is a lot better than matic, he will prove to be a key player. 

1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

I don't know what people expect, wanyama who bossed us last season was shut down, Baka is coming off a surgery first game in a massive game, London derby, plus the middle was packed, playing 3 as they were it's hard to look pretty and distribute in that congestion.

he sh*t down the passing lanes and stopped wanyama breaking through and stuffing our ability to play out, he wasn't at his best but he is a lot better than matic, he will prove to be a key player. 

Also helped by the fact that he can win aerial balls by way of a good leap, much more dynamic than Matic was for us also the fact that Wanyama and Dembele both had to take note of him and Kante. Matic and Fabregas is always beaten on pace and for Fabregas, physicality. Could be a special player for us in the future