Bournemouth Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 08/04 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Ah glad that negative feeling was wrong. Tricky game navigated nicely in the end. Really need to sort this Costa problem out though, better sides than Bournemouth will punish us, as palace did. 

If we can win at united we will be almost there I feel. I dare so Jose will do all he can to make sure he does not lose to us 3 times in a season. 

Great feeling at the final whistle. Just now getting a chance to comment since full time.

Thought we controlled the game for the first 35 minutes and last 35 minutes but the middle 20 was a bit shaky. Bournemouth could have easily had another goal or two, especially that one early on in the second half.

Thought Luiz played well except the one goal they scored. A little late getting back. Alonso struggled with some of his crosses but more than made up for it with a superb low cross to Costa that Diego normally buries (more on him later) and then the brilliant free kick goal.

Hazard looked in prime form as did Kante. Great connection from Kante to Hazard for the goal. Eden can be so under control on counters. Sweet goal slid home. I believe are unbeaten this year when Eden scores.

Pedro was hustling all over the pitch and had good pace throughout. He has become such a key piece to the XI each week.

Courtois was unlucky on the goal with the slight deflection, otherwise played well with no assist to Bournemouth :wink:

Great to have Moses back as well. Looked good. Wish he could have buried the one good look at goal late. Glad he has returned.

Matic seemed to be awkward all day. Gave the ball away and was beaten a few times. Need him to be a bit stronger in midfield.

Now as for Diego. Ugh! I really question what is truly going on here. I have missed very very little of our games the past few years and have never seen anything like Diego's drop off. It is as if he had a serious head injury and he is trying regain his motor skills when he possesses the ball. He scuffed pass after pass and shot after shot. He would normally score on crosses like today from Alonso. It is all very strange. I just hope he is in a funk and not something sinister going on. I just know it does not look right while watching him. Something is amiss. We need the old Diego back, especially for trips to Old Trafford and Goodison Park. He appears to be on the path to exiting. I wish this not to be the case.

Enough on Costa. Great win! Need 5+ wins the rest of the way and the Blue Flag and PL Trophy will be flying high at the Bridge!!

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

If you wonder why he hates us so much, I think Wikipedia has the answer?

"Despite leading Tottenham to their second fourth-placed finish in three years and missing out on Champions League qualification only due to Chelsea winning the competition, Redknapp was sacked by Tottenham on 13 June 2012."

Edited by Fansince65

59 minutes ago, Fansince65 said:

"Despite leading Tottenham to their second fourth-placed finish in three years and missing out on Champions League qualification only due to Chelsea winning the competition, Redknapp was sacked by Tottenham on 13 June 2012."

giphy.gif

Phil Neville not much better...saying on match of the day that poch is best coach in the league despite conte being seven puts clear of him in his first season having taken over a club that finished 10th last season and not signed many of his targets..,but whenever I hear him, he often has at least one dig at chelsea...bitter Manc, knowing he's in his brother's shadow as a pundit now as well as a player...

anyway, as for chelsea, great day out in Bournemouth...cracking ground, good atmosphere...we deserved it though...we actually have something in common with Spurs lately...they have won without top scorer Kane (injury) for weeks...we have won games without our top scorer Costa (crap/knackered/thinking about china dosh) for weeks too

Edited by The Brit

3 points in the bag. Really excellent result for what is a tough team who've done in Liverpoop and held the Spuds.

Shame about the clean sheet, but 3 points are far more important.

Our next one up at Manure will be another tricky test. One game at a time. Enjoy the moment.

5 hours ago, Fansince65 said:

I always thought he left Tottenham to persue the England job then ended up not getting it 

Huge win! Bournemouth was never going to be an easy match and that's what we got in the end. Took a lot of fight and determination to overcome them, but we had the class and quality to get the job done.

Assuming Spurs continue winning non-stop, we need five more wins to secure the title so plenty of work to still be done, but we've jumped over another hurdle and got through unscathed which is fantastic.

Very concerned about Costa. He's become a complete liability since January and a shadow of what he produced in the first half of the year so it's adding further pressure for other players to step up and fill the goalscoring void that's he left.

If you want to learn how to take the perfect free kick, then watching Marcos Alonso's free kick is the perfect illustration. That was absolute perfection from everything to the curl, height and speed of that kick.

Massive win for us, and a good all around performance. Just like the previous few games, should have won by more, but at least we got the third goal and didn't have to chew on finger nails in the last 15 minutes. Hazard has stepped up at exactly the right stage, just like 2015, when Costa's form dipped coincidently. Moses proved his value again, we looked much more dangerous on the right. Did we know Alonso had a mean free kick before we signed him, or we just got lucky? He turned into some player, and we are lucky to have 2-3 good takers in the team. Defensively we weren't that great, but they are a good team, especially dangerous at home, Klopp knows all about it. Costa was poor again, usually a yard or 2 short. Right now, that's the only worry for me, and one only Costa could resolve.

9 hours ago, Jezz said:

Huge win! Bournemouth was never going to be an easy match and that's what we got in the end. Took a lot of fight and determination to overcome them, but we had the class and quality to get the job done.

Assuming Spurs continue winning non-stop, we need five more wins to secure the title so plenty of work to still be done, but we've jumped over another hurdle and got through unscathed which is fantastic.

Very concerned about Costa. He's become a complete liability since January and a shadow of what he produced in the first half of the year so it's adding further pressure for other players to step up and fill the goalscoring void that's he left.

If you want to learn how to take the perfect free kick, then watching Marcos Alonso's free kick is the perfect illustration. That was absolute perfection from everything to the curl, height and speed of that kick.

Could have easily been blocked if the Bournemouth wall had bothered to jump but I guess that's why they're fighting relegation. Things like that should be Defending 101. Great technique on the kick though.