Your unpopular opinion about Chelsea

13 hours ago, Valerie said:

As a non-Brit, the scrutiny those not wearing a poppy get, is baffling. Many wars (not all) were fought, and people died, for (personal) freedom, and yet today people aren't free to decide on wearing a poppy or not? A few years ago I read an article about it, and I thought I'd give you the link, I'm especially reminded of the "poppy fascism" argument now

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34720464

Cheers for that enlightening link to Valerie.

13 hours ago, Valerie said:

But you're right, let's get back to unpopular Chelsea opinions: I don't like the new Megastore. Where did all the enjoyable useless junk and trinkets go :mad:

In the bin because nobody would pay for that overprice tat!

Now we have stupidly overpriced Nike stuff that Roman can only just afford. 

20 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Blimey. That's a pretty bold claim. 

Dave probably goes down as one of the all time biggest bargains of the Premier League era. 

I'd say cost wise they're very similar in their markets, 8mil in 2012 probably is like 18mil in todays market and he was great last season. As long as he overcomes his injury like Dave did at a similar age i can see him being as big of a success. 

fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, Zola Power said:

I get the feeling that Roman might be tiring of us. I know we're building a new stadium but these cut price signings are making me wonder.

Any thoughts on this?

Nothing says "I'm bored" like spending half a billion quid on a new stadium..... 

Just now, xXRuufioXx said:

There is a huge difference now though. There are teams streets ahead of us in terms of technical strength and style, amongst other things.

Who? City fair enough. United have even more issues than we do, Liverpool may play better football but they aren't going to pull away from us with Mingolet, Henderson and the bunch of defenders they have playing significant minutes, Spurs look impressive but have a so so away record. I don't really see any of that bunch leaving us for dust.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

Who? City fair enough. United have even more issues than we do, Liverpool may play better football but they aren't going to pull away from us with Mingolet, Henderson and the bunch of defenders they have playing significant minutes, Spurs look impressive but have a so so away record. I don't really see any of that bunch leaving us for dust.

Our you could look at it this way - Despite having those players, they are looking absolutely formidable. Can you say the same about us?

12 minutes ago, xXRuufioXx said:

Our you could look at it this way - Despite having those players, they are looking absolutely formidable. Can you say the same about us?

On their day they are, but they don't have their day often enough hence how we are still in touching distance of them despite 2 months from hell.

33 minutes ago, Argo said:

On their day they are, but they don't have their day often enough hence how we are still in touching distance of them despite 2 months from hell.

Opinions mate. "On their day", this season they have been far better than we have "on our day". In my opinion of course. And it sickens me! Especially when there best player this season and Citys best player this season were both on our books not that long ago!

Edited by xXRuufioXx

On 09/02/2018 at 17:01, MKBlue said:

I haven't worn one for the last 2 or 3 years, still drop a fiver in the RBL tin as soon as they start collecting, but the nastiness surrounding those who have set themselves up over the last few years as the moral police of Remembrance Day have put me off completely. I still admire the RBL greatly for their work and fundraising, hence my continued financial support, but I'll not be told that I have to wear anything, by anybody.

I always wear a poppy as I feel that it's more about what it stands for than how it looks. I respect people's right not to wear one though.

2 hours ago, rtwelch said:

The idea that fans who go to lots of home games are bigger supporters than those who don't/can't. Especially ironic because the atmosphere at our home games is terrible.

I use to be a season ticket holder when I was younger, got in to a long term relationship and couldn’t afford it anymore. Now that’s over I’m back to my one true love. Everyone’s circumstances are different. The only fans I take the piss out of for it are mates who support other teams just to wind them up a bit :laugh2:

32 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

I think the chants and songs sung by Chelsea fans are boring and unimaginative. 

Only Fabregas and Willian have actually interesting songs and those are overplayed as a result.

I agree, over the years our chants became more and more simplified because people couldn’t be arsed to sing long winded ones. It’s easier to get people to join in. 

I like the one for Alonso, although a lot of people don’t realise there are two verses and ruin it. Bakayoko’s became ironic!

2 hours ago, Peckham Blue said:

I really love the synchronised march of the stewards in the 80th minute, great how they block everyone’s view.

You forgot the Addams family song and ironically telling them to sit down. 

4 hours ago, rtwelch said:

The idea that fans who go to lots of home games are bigger supporters than those who don't/can't. Especially ironic because the atmosphere at our home games is terrible.

Amen to that. Embarrassing when people say that. Atmosphere at the Bridge can be more times than not, average at best. Some fans have had it too good too early in their Chelsea supporting years. Their expecting things now every year without giving it large when going to games. Remember when winning the Fa Cup in the 90's was the best thing ever.