enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

I have been thinking the club could also wait for CHO's leg to heal but at the same time we gave 5yr deal to RLC with even more serious injury. I think CHO plays 5-10 games and sees whether Frank rates him and then pens the paper. Chelsea is a great place to be atm if you are 18-22 and homegrown. This is no comment on Frank we just have brilliant crop of young players.

7 hours ago, evissy said:

He was involved in 29 games under Sarri and he scored 6 goals and assisted 7. Not a total no-show. Those are good numbers.

Pedro 52 13G 5A
Willian 52 8G 14A

Considering those two are seasoned professionals as well...

Callum will be phenomenal for us.

6 hours ago, ducavis said:

Can’t insert a buy-back clause if he is free in the summer, he can agree a move to any club in Jan and we receive some compensation.

Can’t see him going to Bayern as they have moved on, and more likely to move for Sane. 

CHO's brother/agent needs Bayern's interest to get the biggest contract possible from Chelsea.  And we know he has a good relationship with Bayern since he's already taken one prospect from Chelsea to go there.

10 hours ago, evissy said:

He was involved in 29 games under Sarri and he scored 6 goals and assisted 7. Not a total no-show. Those are good numbers.

Pedro 52 13G 5A
Willian 52 8G 14A

He scored most goals in Europa league and 1 goal in the FA cup, all vs weak opponents.

His numbers aren't helping him if you look how he did in the Premier league, an average performance by a big talent that just needs more time.

23 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

Can’t understand why anyone would genuinely believe he’s leaving 

He's in the final year of his contract and put in a transfer request not that long ago. I think it's perfectly understandable that some people still think he will leave.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. What I am sure of though is that fan unease is only going to keep increasing with each month that passes without him signing the contract. If we reach December without the contract being signed, then it's inevitable that this is going to get a lot more attention from the fans, media and clubs that will no doubt be interested in taking him from us.

20 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

lHe's in the final year of his contract and put in a transfer request not that long ago. I think it's perfectly understandable that some people still think he will leave.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. What I am sure of though is that fan unease is only going to keep increasing with each month that passes without him signing the contract. If we reach December without the contract being signed, then it's inevitable that this is going to get a lot more attention from the fans, media and clubs that will no doubt be interested in taking him from us.

The longer we go without an official announcement, the more likely it is he'll leave.  If he doesn't want to be here now, with the focus on young players, with the money he's been offered, then I'm more than happy to see him go.  And we'll know that it really wasn't about the playing time.  

Edited by Boston Blue
spelling

32 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He's in the final year of his contract and put in a transfer request not that long ago. I think it's perfectly understandable that some people still think he will leave.

And what makes you think the deal isn’t already agreed when multiple media outlets and journalists report the exact same thing? Do you think Lampard would express his hope to keep CHO in public if he didn’t already know or have a clue?

1 hour ago, RJBOfficial said:

And what makes you think the deal isn’t already agreed when multiple media outlets and journalists report the exact same thing? Do you think Lampard would express his hope to keep CHO in public if he didn’t already know or have a clue?

Well, Sarri kept saying publicly he hoped Hazard would stay, so I don't think Frank's comments is any sort or barometer.  Nor would I assume it's true because media outlets reported it.

If he's signed, there's no good reason to delay the announcement.  All the speculated reasons for a delay aren't valid:

• Waiting for right time/PR reasons:  It hasn't been a great start to the season, so that could have been done anytime in the last month
  • Timing the announcement with the release of the 3rd kit:  that has come and gone
  • Waiting for him to return from injury:  Ruben signed his extension with an announcement after suffering the same injury.  

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

He would have more leverage to get a better deal if he waited until January because then he’s free to talk to foreign clubs. 

This means he wants more than 100k per week? ...Ok I get it he just wants the best option for himself, but his best choice is to stay in the team anyway it's just such an easy decision from my point of view (maybe not the best view though);

you get a huge cash boost per week that will only increase if you play well and nobody will pay you as much until you sign for Real Madrid,

you get to have the number 10 shirt next season since Willian wont be there or any other number more or less,

you dont need to adjust to a new team,

you don't need to move to a new house or whatever,

you don't need to learn german,

you can become a local legend like Terry or a Totti which is priceless,

The list can go on its just having a nice, while being a Chelsea player, no point to wait till next year if you already know what you're going to do...unless. that's not what you want.

23 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

I didn't say I don't think the deal isn't already agreed, I said I don't know what is going on anymore. When a deal is agreed, the contract is more often than not signed by the player and confirmed by the club within days, not months. I'm just confused on what the hold up is, there must be something, I just don't know what it is.

On 05/09/2019 at 12:58, JMaher94 said:

Considering those two are seasoned professionals as well...

Callum will be phenomenal for us.

And also considering that he prefers the left wing but couldn’t play there as much last season due to Hazard, as his LW stats are even more impressive:

8 apps (4 starts) - 3G 3A

I know it’s a small sample size but he averages a goal or assist every 67 minutes from the left, truly brilliant

Edited by RJBOfficial

12 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

And also considering that he prefers the left wing but couldn’t play there as much last season due to Hazard, as his LW stats are even more impressive:

I know it’s a small sample size but he averages a goal or assist every 67 minutes from the left, truly brilliant

For comparison, he has 5G 5A from 24 apps on the RW

Edited by RJBOfficial

On 07/09/2019 at 22:02, RJBOfficial said:

And also considering that he prefers the left wing but couldn’t play there as much last season due to Hazard, as his LW stats are even more impressive:

Its an incredibly small sample size. It's also bad data, as when he starts from the left there is a reason why - because it wasn't a big game. 

I am not overly optimistic about CHO. I don't think he will definitely improve our team in the short term. I would like to be wrong. I also wouldn't be surprised if he left next year. 

He is best suited on the left, with Emerson overlapping with is left foot cross option, and CHO cutting in with his right foot shot/cross, but he also has a left foot cross in him, which means Emerson can also hold back and not overlap so much. Nearly every time i watched him over the last few seasons he has been on the left.

8 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Its an incredibly small sample size. It's also bad data, as when he starts from the left there is a reason why - because it wasn't a big game. 

I am not overly optimistic about CHO. I don't think he will definitely improve our team in the short term. I would like to be wrong. I also wouldn't be surprised if he left next year. 

No, he didn’t start on the left mainly because we had one of the best left wingers in the world last year, you surely couldn’t expect him to start there every game?

It’s also not bad data as you can only judge him when he’s played, and if you don’t think he’s an upgrade on Pulisic and Pedro then I highly suggest rewatching Chelsea games 

10 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

No, he didn’t start on the left mainly because we had one of the best left wingers in the world last year, you surely couldn’t expect him to start there every game?

It’s also not bad data as you can only judge him when he’s played, and if you don’t think he’s an upgrade on Pulisic and Pedro then I highly suggest rewatching Chelsea games 

You don't understand what I'm saying. 

It's bad data because judging his output when he sure left wing disregards the fact that those games were against lesser opposition. 

26 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

You don't understand what I'm saying. 

It's bad data because judging his output when he sure left wing disregards the fact that those games were against lesser opposition. 

does it also disregard who was playing with him? Or who we played a few days before? Or who we were playing next? Or how many games he had already played that month etc.... That kind of information is never any use taken in isolation.