enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

1 hour ago, coco said:

He has buckled down, he got himself back to fitness before anyone thought he would, just give the kid a break, he was playing great before the injury, considering he had Hazard in his position in front of him, he still lit up the team. 

You want him to prove himself before he gets given a hefty contract, fair enough, thats probably whats happening right now, he's waiting until he comes back and shows his worth, then he signs the improved contract.

CHO didn't really amaze me last year. His performances weren't at the level of mount or Abraham this season. That's what people are looking at. Abraham and Mount are playing better than their respective first team players from last season. CHO imo didn't play better than Willian or Pedro when he played in the league - same level arguably. 

If he wants to sign a big contract with big wages. After handing in a transfer request. Then the least anyone can expect is that he is going to have the pressure on him to perform at a top top level. 

He's demanded to be treated like a world class talent. So he doesn't deserve the patience other players at his age will get. 

Edited by bisright1

I am pretty sure the 180k per week is inclusive of performance related bonus, the actual salary will most likely be closer to the 120k mark. One of the main reasons the club has had to offer such a lucrative contract to a youngster is down to demand, he possesses a skill set which is in high demand across Europe hence I dont think its something the club had a choice over. In relation to the other youngsters being upset by the offer to CHO I am pretty sure if they continue there performances and they start generating a similar interest from some of Europe's most elite clubs I am pretty sure the club will offer them similar substantial contracts.

I don't suppose we've moved to 47 hours yet, have we?

I really liked Hudson-Odoi's play last season. He was fantastic the few chances he got. Always direct, always looking to cause problems. Seemed to have an eye fur goal, very good dribbling ability, and also some good crossing ability. Seems this contract situation has got people looking at with a bit of negative bias.

As much as I have been pleasantly surprised by Abraham and Mount, the two that get me going in this team are Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek. 

Both are just a joy to watch. 

Excited to see what James can do but we'll have to wait and see.

23 hours ago, Andy North said:

I'm worried that paying CHO too much will upset the young players that are performing so well at the moment. CHO doesn't seem that much better than them yet he seems to be intent on demanding much higher wages at a younger age. Do you not think this is an issue?

On a slightly different angle I'm still not convinced filling the team and squad with youth is the best or only way forward. We did well against Wolves and Norwich but do need some experience in the team. I think Willians contribution to the team is important as he mixes it up a bit and his running with the ball frightens the opposition. He understands when to run with the ball and when to pass a bit more than some of the younger players. Don't you think a mix of youth and experience will surely work better against the bigger clubs?

Since when? 

8 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Since forever. He did it again last weekend despite not being a team regular.

frightens the opposition. 

Frightens who? Can't remember an opposition fan ever saying they're scared about coming up against Willian or a manager ever changing his tactics to double up on him so not sure how you work out anyone if frightened of him.

He understands when to run with the ball and when to pass

Once again, when does he make a decisive pass or cross? Most of his play is either outrunning a player with his pace or head down and run side ways then pass to a full back.

On 16/09/2019 at 10:19, coco said:

Why are you concerned about money ? 

We waste money like no tomorrow on total crap, and i mean total crap. Filling the coffers of other clubs, and giving them opportunity to dump their sh*t on us.

Jesus Coco you’re making out like we’re Crystal Palace!

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Breaking news on sky sports. Hudson Odoi agrees a new deal 

They understand he has agreed a new deal.

Should be announced formally within the next 48 hours 

Unreal how all these new talented youngsters have come out of the woodwork and we've still got this little beast to come back and fire it up. 

How can you not be excited at the moment? I can't wait to see how he plays with Tammy. 

On 16/09/2019 at 21:34, GhostOfDembaBa said:

I don't suppose we've moved to 47 hours yet, have we?

I really liked Hudson-Odoi's play last season. He was fantastic the few chances he got. Always direct, always looking to cause problems. Seemed to have an eye fur goal, very good dribbling ability, and also some good crossing ability. Seems this contract situation has got people looking at with a bit of negative bias.

As much as I have been pleasantly surprised by Abraham and Mount, the two that get me going in this team are Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek. 

Both are just a joy to watch. 

Excited to see what James can do but we'll have to wait and see.

100%, think some people were intentionally undermining how good his performances thinking that he might possibly leave the club, if he does fulfil his potential here those same fans will look a bit foolish

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Unreal how all these new talented youngsters have come out of the woodwork and we've still got this little beast to come back and fire it up. 

How can you not be excited at the moment? I can't wait to see how he plays with Tammy. 

Around about 2011 someone on twitter said to me that they spoke to a development coach who said (paraphrasing) we have the best set of kids he's ever seen at underage level and given time we can dominate just like United have.

I took it with a pinch of salt at the time however in hindsight it looks like I may have been told the truth (about the best set of kids thing, time will tell on the domination part).

13 minutes ago, evissy said:

Callum!!!! Great and expected news. Not too long we see him play once more.

Great News. We need him too, after our lack of creativity on Tuesday.

Him and James being back will give us a really big lift, so would RLC though we are a ways off that...

Kepa

Rudiger

Christensen

Tomori

James

Kante

Mount

Emerson

CHO

Abraham

RLC

Nice 🙂

I agree with @bisright1 that CHO has not made a mark like either Tammy or Mount have this season.

He looked out of his depth the last time he played for us.

He does have talent yet for me still an open question whether he will reach the heights like Tammy and Mason.

Any idea who these boys are? To Roman’s left I reckon that’s Abraham. Solanke on the other side. Not sure who the other boy is.

5AEA1BBD-5FE8-4DF3-80C2-B2313C5F9845.jpeg

Edited by ekimozturk