enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

5 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Really not great atall missed three one v ones 

He was lively, involved, created chances, had chances of his own and scored a goal, all on his first competitive game after being out injured for 5 months. How can you focus on one negative when there were far more positives to take away from it? 

The way you have been singling him out for criticism tonight has been really unfair and weird. You even criticised his celebration and called it ridiculous.

Clearly talented, clearly very rusty and especially in the first half tried too hard. Great to see him get the goal eventually.

On the positive side the accuracy of his free kicks and crosses is better than anyone except Mason Mount.

5 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Really not great atall missed three one v ones 

I'm gonna read a lot more of your posts because you're clearly a very astute individual. I would imagine he reminds you of Raheem Sterling who also misses chances and did so even more when he was CHO's age. They're both obviously rubbish. 

3 hours ago, just said:

I'm gonna read a lot more of your posts because you're clearly a very astute individual. I would imagine he reminds you of Raheem Sterling who also misses chances and did so even more when he was CHO's age. They're both obviously rubbish. 

Not being funny but every poster ridiculing me for my post is actually more irrational than I am, the truth of the matter is he wasn’t great and he did miss 3 big chances. He had been passed fit and played two u23 matches before this one don’t make out Grimsby (mid league 2) is some huge step up in levels that his fitness couldn’t handle. Honestly all I’ve said is the truth about his performance last night, if he was great I’d say great performance and who cares if he’s arrogant because he’s our player and he was great but he wasn’t and his contract crap was always going to cause this to happen with some fans. So if I a fan has a bad taste left in there mouth about how many rumours about transfer requests and stalling on signing even after frank publicly saying he will be central numerous times, then your not allowed to comment subjectively on a bad performance because your on a witch hunt? Get a grip honestly my life’s not that empty, I just genuinely don’t feel he’s as good as you lot and he seems to think he is. 

I think you are being irrational as in earlier you have stated somewhere that you don’t like CHO, and this is to do with contract/transfer talks etc so this surely sways you’re opinion in that you are looking out for faults. Without going through your posts I think you also criticised his goal celebration.

He did miss chances last night, he looked a bit too keen, he was passed fit, he has played two youth matches but the lad is 18 and back from a five month injury layoff so I think your assessment is far from rational.

Must admit I have only seen glimpses of what people are excited about and he hasn’t won me over by any means but there has to be something there for all the hype and it’s just not TSE fans that are excited, he has an international cap you know.

I suggest you relax as far as CHO is concerned and see what the next couple of years brings then you can maybe voice a more balanced opinion.

The passion that he showed when he scored was fantastic to see.

It's not just him though, you can see it when Mount, Tomori and Tammy have also scored for us, you can tell it means the world to them and that's what it's all about.

Callum will be a superstar.

CHO was too predictable in front of goal last night, he scored after switching to his left foot following two missed chances using his better right foot.

He also tried a cross from wide on his left that hit the cross bar instead of finding any of his team mates.

The verdict is still out for me on whether he will be a first team starter for us this season or a bench filler.

I

50 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

CHO was too predictable in front of goal last night, he scored after switching to his left foot following two missed chances using his better right foot.

Exactly what I was thinking last night. I actually said to my mate towards the end of the game, next time switch to the outside and shoot/cross with left foot. Glad he got his goal but it certainly wasn't a complete performance. 

Then again, he's young and will continue to develop. He also whips the ball with pace when shooting, there's a lot of conviction in his shots, just needs better accuracy.

4 hours ago, goose said:

I think you are being irrational as in earlier you have stated somewhere that you don’t like CHO, and this is to do with contract/transfer talks etc so this surely sways you’re opinion in that you are looking out for faults. Without going through your posts I think you also criticised his goal celebration.

He did miss chances last night, he looked a bit too keen, he was passed fit, he has played two youth matches but the lad is 18 and back from a five month injury layoff so I think your assessment is far from rational.

Must admit I have only seen glimpses of what people are excited about and he hasn’t won me over by any means but there has to be something there for all the hype and it’s just not TSE fans that are excited, he has an international cap you know.

I suggest you relax as far as CHO is concerned and see what the next couple of years brings then you can maybe voice a more balanced opinion.

I honestly don't understand the resentment towards Callum regarding the contract.

If the club held all the cards they would have stuck him on a 'modest' wage without thinking twice but it happened to be in this situation he held the cards and played them accordingly.

Anyone who says they would have done differently in his position are lying to themselves.

It seems like a few have forgotten how good he is. He'll be a starter in no time and rightly so.

Ran the show for England in qualifiers at 18 and was our second best winger in terms of performances last season. He's a top, top talent.

23 minutes ago, Shweaves said:

Exactly what I was thinking last night. I actually said to my mate towards the end of the game, next time switch to the outside and shoot/cross with left foot. Glad he got his goal but it certainly wasn't a complete performance. 

Then again, he's young and will continue to develop. He also whips the ball with pace when shooting, there's a lot of conviction in his shots, just needs better accuracy.

I think some see Callum as the next Messiah (tempted to say Messi though bad comparison), the kid has skills and you are right with development might go on to be a top performer.

I'm not sure he will make it at the top level as not sure he has the correct hard work mentality even for a wide forward.  

What do you mean by top level? Top 5 players in the world or just regular starter at Chelsea?

I, along with most people here, desperately want him to make it right to the very top but we have to be realistic until he puts consistently good performances in... There were flashes of brilliance last night and a couple of runs and touches which show the same competent arrogance of other top young players (Neymar, Mbappe). He now just needs to build up a physical evidence (goals) before he can be considered the next best player.

Not sure if left wing is his best position to be honest, for me he's ahead of Pulisic but still behind Willian. Which leaves us short of quality on the left flank (Mason is helping fill Hazard's boots but we're still short imho)

He has talent but it's mentality that sorts the wheat from the chaff (Mason Mount for example is less talented but has the mentality).

42 minutes ago, Shweaves said:

What do you mean by top level? Top 5 players in the world or just regular starter at Chelsea?

It can be both.

27 minutes ago, the special one said:

Not sure if left wing is his best position to be honest, for me he's ahead of Pulisic but still behind Willian. Which leaves us short of quality on the left flank (Mason is helping fill Hazard's boots but we're still short imho)

He has talent but it's mentality that sorts the wheat from the chaff (Mason Mount for example is less talented but has the mentality).

Yes he can do a job on the right, but if you want him at his best he should be on the left, it opens up his right foot when he cuts in, just like Hazard, check out this video on 25 seconds, in an under 12 match, he was doing the stuff Hazard does, 7 years ago.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2019/09/19/v2-goals-M0ZGZpaTE6st2sWKETaqtA3uwyniZBMG

29 minutes ago, coco said:

It can be both.

Yes he can do a job on the right, but if you want him at his best he should be on the left, it opens up his right foot when he cuts in, just like Hazard, check out this video on 25 seconds, in an under 12 match, he was doing the stuff Hazard does, 7 years ago.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2019/09/19/v2-goals-M0ZGZpaTE6st2sWKETaqtA3uwyniZBMG

He is not close to Hazard more like Willian for me yet his work rate is not as good.

Hazard had trickery and the ability to turn players inside out, CHO does not have this and is very predictable coming on to his right foot.

Now he has occasionally show pace yet if he cannot deliver the trickery or improve his left foot or show blistering pace regularly he will be limited. 

7 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Not being funny but every poster ridiculing me for my post is actually more irrational than I am, the truth of the matter is he wasn’t great and he did miss 3 big chances. He had been passed fit and played two u23 matches before this one don’t make out Grimsby (mid league 2) is some huge step up in levels that his fitness couldn’t handle. Honestly all I’ve said is the truth about his performance last night, if he was great I’d say great performance and who cares if he’s arrogant because he’s our player and he was great but he wasn’t and his contract crap was always going to cause this to happen with some fans. So if I a fan has a bad taste left in there mouth about how many rumours about transfer requests and stalling on signing even after frank publicly saying he will be central numerous times, then your not allowed to comment subjectively on a bad performance because your on a witch hunt? Get a grip honestly my life’s not that empty, I just genuinely don’t feel he’s as good as you lot and he seems to think he is. 

You also said in the match thread you dont like CHO anymore because the contract situation, which has been resolved, and unless you have some insider knowledge, surely it is irrational to dislike someone based off conjecture and speculation.  

You also felt the need to say just how underwhelmed you were with both CHO and James after 45 minutes of football. 

So impatient and short sighted. 

No one is going overboard with the perfomances last night, surely anyone with any sort of understanding of the game, would realize, competitive minutes in the legs, are more important than performance, when a player is coming back from a serious injury.

6 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

He is not close to Hazard more like Willian for me yet his work rate is not as good.

Hazard had trickery and the ability to turn players inside out, CHO does not have this and is very predictable coming on to his right foot.

Now he has occasionally show pace yet if he cannot deliver the trickery or improve his left foot or show blistering pace regularly he will be limited. 

Read my post, he cuts in, just like Hazard, that's where my comparison ended. But now you have said that, i think Callum is an even better fit for the left position than Eden was, Hazard couldnt wrap his left foot around the ball, so you always knew he was going to cut back, even when he did run to the goal line, he always cut back onto his right, but Callum does have the left foot, a very good one which he crosses and scores with pretty regular, so he can become a bigger threat in time, add to that he can do a job on the right, something you couldnt ask Eden to do.