enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

1 minute ago, coco said:

Read my post, he cuts in, just like Hazard, that's where my comparison ended. But now you have said that, i think Callum is an even better fit for the left position than Eden was, Hazard couldnt wrap his left foot around the ball, so you always knew he was going to cut back, even when he did run to the goal line, he always cut back onto his right, but Callum does have the left foot, a very good one which he crosses and scores with pretty regular, so he can become a bigger threat in time, add to that he can do a job on the right, something you couldnt ask Eden to do.

Agree to disagree though hope you are right.

Just now, Strider6003 said:

Agree to disagree though hope you are right.

watch all the video above, then come back and tell me CHO has no left foot option. if you still disagree fair enough.

16 minutes ago, coco said:

watch all the video above, then come back and tell me CHO has no left foot option. if you still disagree fair enough.

I saw 4 on I would say 30+ goals (BTW some of them exceptionally good).

We have seen rare glimpses of that early form at EPL level.

Like I said earlier hope he proves me wrong and some of the goals on your clip reminded me of another 'one-footed wideman'...........one Arjen Robben.

9 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Not being funny but every poster ridiculing me for my post is actually more irrational than I am, the truth of the matter is he wasn’t great and he did miss 3 big chances. He had been passed fit and played two u23 matches before this one don’t make out Grimsby (mid league 2) is some huge step up in levels that his fitness couldn’t handle. Honestly all I’ve said is the truth about his performance last night, if he was great I’d say great performance and who cares if he’s arrogant because he’s our player and he was great but he wasn’t and his contract crap was always going to cause this to happen with some fans. So if I a fan has a bad taste left in there mouth about how many rumours about transfer requests and stalling on signing even after frank publicly saying he will be central numerous times, then your not allowed to comment subjectively on a bad performance because your on a witch hunt? Get a grip honestly my life’s not that empty, I just genuinely don’t feel he’s as good as you lot and he seems to think he is. 

Except that your previous posts about him have been quite negative, so you're really not just basing your opinion on last night's performance.  You have a negative opinion of him that seems to influence what you saw yesterday.

Seemed a bit laid back in the first half, wouldnt be surprised if Frank instructed him at half time to take the game more by the scruff of the neck. I saw more involvement and more desire to go at defenders and be aggressive from him in the second half.

His finishing was dodgy, but hes been a good finisher throughout all his youth years so I wouldnt worry about that. If anything, the fact that he gets into those positions should be the the most impressive thing. 

On 26/09/2019 at 16:26, coco said:

Read my post, he cuts in, just like Hazard, that's where my comparison ended. But now you have said that, i think Callum is an even better fit for the left position than Eden was, Hazard couldnt wrap his left foot around the ball, so you always knew he was going to cut back, even when he did run to the goal line, he always cut back onto his right, but Callum does have the left foot, a very good one which he crosses and scores with pretty regular, so he can become a bigger threat in time, add to that he can do a job on the right, something you couldnt ask Eden to do.

Hazard was very good on his left. He scored loads of goals from his left foot. Hazard could never be considered one footed. Remember when Hazard initially joined us he started off at the RW position and played well there. When Vinicius becomes more consistent, pretty sure you will Hazard playing on the RW for Real often. And majority of Hazard's goals with his left foot were goals of real quality, not just tap ins.

Frank probably needs to handle Callum with extra care. He looked so pumped scoring that goal it feels he is in a hurry to be world class being away for so long and missing that time. He needs to be reminded he has time and he is in No hurry to hit Hazard-heights.

He absolutely thinks himself he can be worlds best player. As do all great talents and ambitions athletes.

22 hours ago, evissy said:

Frank probably needs to handle Callum with extra care. He looked so pumped scoring that goal it feels he is in a hurry to be world class being away for so long and missing that time. He needs to be reminded he has time and he is in No hurry to hit Hazard-heights.

He absolutely thinks himself he can be worlds best player. As do all great talents and ambitions athletes.

Fair points though good to see him pass to Willian for the goal suggesting he is also or becoming a team player.

On 27/09/2019 at 19:55, STATS said:

Hazard was very good on his left. He scored loads of goals from his left foot. Hazard could never be considered one footed. Remember when Hazard initially joined us he started off at the RW position and played well there. When Vinicius becomes more consistent, pretty sure you will Hazard playing on the RW for Real often. And majority of Hazard's goals with his left foot were goals of real quality, not just tap ins.

Remember his goal against Stoke in his first season? Fancy that for a weak foot. 

It's also why Hazard was such a good dribbler, nothing was an awkward spot for him, you couldn't really show him on to his weaker foot, his control was just too good. 

Fair points though good to see him pass to Willian for the goal suggesting he is also or becoming a team player.
He is a team player for sure. Last term he made some pinpoint passes. He also has a big responsibity to make things happen.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

Remember his goal against Stoke in his first season? Fancy that for a weak foot. 

It's also why Hazard was such a good dribbler, nothing was an awkward spot for him, you couldn't really show him on to his weaker foot, his control was just too good. 

Remember his left footed strike in injury time against Sparta Prague, 6 years ago that got us to the last 16. That was no fluke as he has proven he can score top goals with either foot. Also remember his goal against Hull at the KC stadium when we beat them 3-2, which was a long ranged shot which he placed perfectly. Again with his left foot. Callum may not be bad on his left foot, but Hazard is defo more two footed than CHO is.

On 28/09/2019 at 12:24, evissy said:

I mentioned this and everyone jumped on me. You can say oh well it’s his first goal in 5 months, but it didn’t look like that it looked like the 7th goal against Grimsby after missing loads of good chances and wildly over the top celebrating so everyone and his dog knew he had scored. Funnily enough since everyone stopped quoting me saying I was an idiot frank lampard has come out and pretty much said he’s had to have words with him for his performance and attitude the other night - go figure 

People say I’m being biased and hating on him and can’t see past his contract are the same people blindly lining up to excuse his performance or missing sitters it’s embarassing as they are the only ones showing bias rather than call it as it is.

I mentioned this and everyone jumped on me. You can say oh well it’s his first goal in 5 months, but it didn’t look like that it looked like the 7th goal against Grimsby after missing loads of good chances and wildly over the top celebrating so everyone and his dog knew he had scored. Funnily enough since everyone stopped quoting me saying I was an idiot frank lampard has come out and pretty much said he’s had to have words with him for his performance and attitude the other night - go figure 
People say I’m being biased and hating on him and can’t see past his contract are the same people blindly lining up to excuse his performance or missing sitters it’s embarassing as they are the only ones showing bias rather than call it as it is.
Hmm. I think this is a different thing. You were saying, if I remember right, CHO has been bad or something in the lines. He wasn't bad at any point of the game. He could have scored 3-4 goals but he was getting into positions like No one else. Pulisic was bad if anyone was in that game. You also didn't take into factor Callum's been out for months. He looked amazingly ready in his first competitive game.

My point is Callum is in a point of his career that is delicate. Either he is full of confidence and it shows in the games by results or he starts to get frustrated and he goes completely shut. I feel Frank understands this well and can handle him.

11 minutes ago, coco said:

And why exactly does that bother you ?

It was the 7th goal against Grimsby, games over already last five mins of the game it just looked out of place.

He can celebrate scoring how he wants I just think it reveals abit about his character which again is fine aslong as he is playing well I made two points that everyone seen there arse over 

1) since all the hype about him he seems to have an underserved ego that im Not keen on because he has proven nothing in the first team compared to mount or Abraham. 

2) he was having a bad game which I’m sorry he was, morata got himself in good positions to miss sitters aswell if he had the same game as CHO people would of slated him. 

Im not going to hope he doesn’t succeed I really hope he does but I’m also not going to sit here going along with this hysterical propaganda of him being the second coming of Jesus Christ and everyone thinking it’s blasphemy to criticise him.

he looked good in a couple of europa league games and I think everybody was so hateful at the time to Willian and Pedro  that in the same way everything they did got hugely slated everything Calum did got wildly praised because he was a youth product being blocked by them two and sari. Which I agreed with he should of started over both of them but facts are facts he has not pulled up any trees and the most exciting thing fans seems to have from him is people talking about his talent and potential. I’m just seeing it that he hasn’t done much to warrant what I perceive his big ego. 

We are all I’m sure sane reasonably intelligent adults and despite me having a silly username on an internet football forum I consider myself one too. I’m not trying to argue with everyone I’m just not sure how everyone can’t see he’s got a big contract he wants to play he has to be judged the same as every other player not specially because he has talent because at the minute that is all it is.

3 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

It was the 7th goal against Grimsby, games over already last five mins of the game it just looked out of place.

He can celebrate scoring how he wants I just think it reveals abit about his character

It reveals he was overjoyed to score after a long time of being out of the game with a nasty injury, get a grip.

4 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Did you consider the fact he might just be extremely happy to come back from a serious injury and score a goal. He probably wanted to prove something to himself. 

Ok sorry for saying his celebration was over the top, why wasn’t Reece james’ the same when it’s his first ever Chelsea goal when he’s coming back from a similiar absence? Do you know what don’t even answer I’m past caring. I won’t have the nerve to go against the narrative In future and will stay firmly within the guidelines of what’s accepted when I post. 

I sometimes have have a gander at red cafe, rawk and arsenal mania to read the meltdowns and I always wonder to myself why they have like new posts every minute and on here you can have topics on the first page without replies for 4 or 5 days, understand why now though. your not allowed an opinion on a young player but your allowed to be vile and abusive about players who have won trophy after trophy for being chosen to play over Calum Hudson Odoi. I’m half expecting a ban for this post. 

15 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Ok sorry for saying his celebration was over the top, why wasn’t Reece james’ the same when it’s his first ever Chelsea goal when he’s coming back from a similiar absence? 

People have different personalities? People feel and react to emotions differently? Maybe he just didn’t give a sh*t? Who the hell cares?

23 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Ok sorry for saying his celebration was over the top, why wasn’t Reece james’ the same when it’s his first ever Chelsea goal when he’s coming back from a similiar absence? Do you know what don’t even answer I’m past caring. I won’t have the nerve to go against the narrative In future and will stay firmly within the guidelines of what’s accepted when I post. 

I sometimes have have a gander at red cafe, rawk and arsenal mania to read the meltdowns and I always wonder to myself why they have like new posts every minute and on here you can have topics on the first page without replies for 4 or 5 days, understand why now though. your not allowed an opinion on a young player but your allowed to be vile and abusive about players who have won trophy after trophy for being chosen to play over Calum Hudson Odoi. I’m half expecting a ban for this post. 

What's wrong with you?

I think CHO needs to prove himself because of the contract situation, but I'm never going to have a dig at him for celebrating when he scores! Lampard said he had tough words with him at half time, he was much better in the second half. He felt relieved, happy and then he chipped in with an assist yesterday.

He needs to prove himself, but over analysing everything he does in the pitch minute by minute and making a judgement is weird. Evaluate him after a run in the side, see how he does over a couple of months. Willian gets slated because he's been consistently poor for a long time 

Also this forum isn't as active as some other fan forums but it's also better managed. I prefer this set up. 

32 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Because we aren't all exactly the same? Can you comprehend that notion? Utterly bizarre

36 minutes ago, dkw said:

We've had some whoppers on this forum over the years but this gay fella is something else, what a miserable f**ker. 

Explain why ? Oh yeah you don’t actually post anything other than to be a little gobsh*te with posters who aren’t held in some esteem by you,  your an absolute 40 something crank with little man syndrome. Think because of the fact you pretend your some failed footballer your posts are important.