enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Eighteen, 18yo, and you become one of the first names on the team sheet, at one of the top clubs in the World, picking up MOTM awards.. What dreams are made of.

Firstly, I'm not, repeat not comparing him to Ronaldo, but he reminds me of when Ronaldo started out at United in that he had all the attributes and potential to be a really big player. 

His finishing will improve and I think he has the potential to be strong in the air also.

I just hope we have more patience, I remember some of the abuse Ronaldo got from United fans.

Good performance but he'll want to improve on that. I only say that because I have high expectations and I think he has too. He got the assist and by doing so proved he has a brain and works as a team player. I have previously questioned his commitment but since signing and the Newcastle performance I can see the guy is trying to improve. Frank will have to work out his best position and how best to use his skills but there are signs he could become our main man. He's very quick in his movement. He's gone before the defender even knows what to do and I think he knows this. He has great passing and crossing ability and the team need to take advantage of this. They need to be ready when his passes come in.

If he can apply himself and work with Frank the sky is the limit. I have great trust in Frank and Jody to do their best for him but they may need to rest him at some point. He has been out for a long time and coming back after a long lay off is never easy. I wouldn't want to see him get a serious setback.

19 minutes ago, DP2 said:

Firstly, I'm not, repeat not comparing him to Ronaldo, but he reminds me of when Ronaldo started out at United in that he had all the attributes and potential to be a really big player. 

His finishing will improve and I think he has the potential to be strong in the air also.

I just hope we have more patience, I remember some of the abuse Ronaldo got from United fans.

The difference is Ronaldo was criticized for being a showboat and not being affective (he went on to become a ruthless machine of a player. Complete monster, as we all know).

Hudson Odoi isactually very good already in passing when he needs to, releasing it early, sometimes dribbling, sometimes on the outside, sometimes inside... Willing to pass or cross or shoot... Mixes it up.

Edited by GhostOfDembaBa

2 hours ago, DP2 said:

I've said before I think he runs and shoots in a similar way to Ronaldo.  I'm not a fan of the way Ronaldo portrays himself, however I can't deny he's put a lot of work in to get to the top.  I think CHO is as good as Ronaldo at a similar age if not better, but he has a very long way to go to get to Ronaldo's current level.  If he puts the work in and doesn't get complacent I think we have a superstar in the making.

Sean Dyche is a c**t for saying that about CHO .. why is he trying to knock down an 18 year old.. we all know how difficult it is shake off a reputation.. piss poor from a wannabe sam allardyce

Good on Frank for highlighting how his big men were falling down and crying like children everytime they didnt win the ball... i think his pride was hurt on the relegation tactics that his team used and still got stuffed 4-2 and he just wanted to divert the attention..

Also the referee was very poor in not using the monitor before issuing a yellow card... its crazy how reluctant these refs are to use technology but are happy to make a mistake.. Its simple at that pace when you are running even a little shove can knock you off balance.. yes it may not be enough to give a penalty.. but a dive very questionable and only CHO knows... But the broader point is that unlike other sports .. say like cricket the refs/umpires still use technology in a run out situation even if the batsman is miles in .. these refs have too big an ego that is also showing up the ref.. 

Maybe they are worried that they lose their jobs as onfield refs 20/30 years down the line  to bots and tech.. who knows but use the technology that the FA spends millions implementing and training you on.. another sham another match!

59 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Sean Dyche is a c**t for saying that about CHO .. why is he trying to knock down an 18 year old.. we all know how difficult it is shake off a reputation.. piss poor from a wannabe sam allardyce

Good on Frank for highlighting how his big men were falling down and crying like children everytime they didnt win the ball... i think his pride was hurt on the relegation tactics that his team used and still got stuffed 4-2 and he just wanted to divert the attention..

Also the referee was very poor in not using the monitor before issuing a yellow card... its crazy how reluctant these refs are to use technology but are happy to make a mistake.. Its simple at that pace when you are running even a little shove can knock you off balance.. yes it may not be enough to give a penalty.. but a dive very questionable and only CHO knows... But the broader point is that unlike other sports .. say like cricket the refs/umpires still use technology in a run out situation even if the batsman is miles in .. these refs have too big an ego that is also showing up the ref.. 

Maybe they are worried that they lose their jobs as onfield refs 20/30 years down the line  to bots and tech.. who knows but use the technology that the FA spends millions implementing and training you on.. another sham another match!

Amusing when his big tough centreforward dived more than anyone. That sitter he missed before halftime wasn't even a freekick to begin with, it was another Barnes dive, went down like a sack of sh*t, never a foul. 

Dyche is the new BIG SAM, playing like him on and off the field. CHO did well off the bench, and there was clear contact, it's a debatable penalty but not a dive. It should have been a 5:0 had the VAR didn't f* us over again, and Dyche got off easy from this game, should have stayed humble rather than got on his high horse.

48 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Was never a dive and was never a penalty..Dyche is a twat

The dive was debatable, I think he did go down on purpose tbh but there was still contact, but not enough contact for a penalty, Tarkowski pulled out. 

Callum just needs to be more careful in future.

Going down just because you feel contact is a dive in my eyes. If the challenge isn’t enough to make you fall over and you do, then you have dived. 

Players are called clever for doing it but it’s wrong for the game. The argument is that referees won’t give you the free kick/pen but two wrongs etc

16 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Going down just because you feel contact is a dive in my eyes. If the challenge isn’t enough to make you fall over and you do, then you have dived. 

Players are called clever for doing it but it’s wrong for the game. The argument is that referees won’t give you the free kick/pen but two wrongs etc

Luckily he's English so he'll get that protection from commentators, if he wasn't English they would have no problems calling him a diver. 

4 hours ago, Jangz said:

I don’t have a problem with players being called out for diving. It’s cheating pure and simple.

As far as him being 18 - I think I’d rather Dyche did what he did now than wait a few years when he may well have built a reputation for being a diver. Hopefully Frank also had a quiet word in his ear and it’ll all be nipped in the bud. 

On other European leagues that is a clear push from behind by Lowton, enough to unbalance CHO, and a penalty would have been given and confirmed. Here I don't think it is a penalty, but certainly not a yellow. And Dyche is a hypocrite c**t, as many have said before, his own thuggish players were diving all over their sh*t turf.

What I find odd is the yellow card.

For what’s it’s worth I didn’t think it was a penalty but I didn’t think it was a blatant dive that deserved a yellow.

The thing I don’t understand is how can a referee who thought it was a penalty one minute can then decide it was a dive the next without even seeing a replay.

To me that can only mean 2 things, he booked CHO because he was embarrassed that he got it wrong originally.

Or, he was told book CHO by VAR, again without seeing if it was a dive.

Either way their ‘VAR isn’t there to re-referee the match’ is a lie.

They make it up as they go along match by match.

Edited by 2211

2 hours ago, RMH said:

On other European leagues that is a clear push from behind by Lowton, enough to unbalance CHO, and a penalty would have been given and confirmed. Here I don't think it is a penalty, but certainly not a yellow. And Dyche is a hypocrite c**t, as many have said before, his own thuggish players were diving all over their sh*t turf.

He has a massive inferiority complex when it comes to the top teams and managers.

Hudson-Odi shouldn't of been booked, he had to avoid the players leg which was only removed at the very last moment and still brushed thighs, if the defenders attempt any kind of challenge, and doesnt get the ball, but still makes contact with the player, no matter how minimal the contact is, the player who goes down shouldnt be booked. VAR was right to help the ref and say it wasnt a penalty not enough contact, but no way should he be booked, you would literally have 3-4 of those every game all over the pitch.

17 hours ago, Crem said:

I don’t have a problem with players being called out for diving. It’s cheating pure and simple.

As far as him being 18 - I think I’d rather Dyche did what he did now than wait a few years when he may well have built a reputation for being a diver. Hopefully Frank also had a quiet word in his ear and it’ll all be nipped in the bud. 

yes its pure and simple if its a clear cut dive.. but there was contact involved and callum was trying to cut inside in motion.. weather there was enough contact to push him down or weather it was dive only CHO knows.. referee made a decision and that should have been the end of it.. i have a big problem with Dyche trying to divert attention and getting on a high horse.. forget fans there were enough former players who felt a yellow was harsh..

It seems you are convinced its a dive i am not..

There's a good reason why it wasn't a dive. 

VAR. Why would someone dive knowing they won't get anything for it. He clearly just felt contact on the back and anticipated contact from the front and went to the floor. The anticipation is quite natural. 

On 27/10/2019 at 07:26, Jangz said:

You could have just said the first 5 words and that would have sufficed.

12 hours ago, bisright1 said:

There's a good reason why it wasn't a dive. 

VAR. Why would someone dive knowing they won't get anything for it. He clearly just felt contact on the back and anticipated contact from the front and went to the floor. The anticipation is quite natural. 

I agree that he didn't dive. That little contact at his speed while changing directions is enough to make him fall.
But...
watch Liverpool or Spurs, their players dive all the time even knowing that there is VAR. Players still do it.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:00, mojo said:

dghd.gif

Its so easy to over scrutinise recordings like this. You could say the hand in the back isn't really a hand and only fingers. You could say he was jumping over the leg, which was withdrawn at the very last second. I can see both sides of this but how they say this a clear and obvious error is questionable. It isn't.

For me VAR is the same as the ref deciding. It's somebodies opinion about what happened. I think slowing it down sometimes changes the dynamic of the incident. The ref is in a good position to see what happened and is closer than the cameras.

Every time I look at this I have a different opinion. Sometimes when I look at Callums feet when they are both off the ground I think its a dive and then when I see the leg out and the simultaneous push in back I think its a pen. Its not a clear and obvious error though.

One thing I noticed about VAR is that it tries to analyze if there was an intent to dive in the box. And tbh, I think it absolutely was CHOs intention to drop to the ground as soon as he felt contact, therefor it was clearly a dive and has to be a yellow.

Only issue I have is that this is not being done consistently. Players like Kane, Salah and Neymar will not only not get punished by VAR for the same thing, but most likely get the penalty as well.

*edit*
That being said, Dyche is a c**t and should pay more attention to his team losing at home with 4 goals. Never liked him, he's the kind of person that acts a hard man when winning, but when he's losing that persona fades away and he suddenly forgets that you have to lose like a man as well.

Edited by Vagabond