enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

2 hours ago, evissy said:
4 hours ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:
Yeah as of late, but lets not forget how dire he was last season and towards the end when CHO was regularly outperforming him.
If anything the post you quoted, I was in support of Willian

"You could even argue Willian has played better than him". Willian has absolutely played better than him. Why it is a surprise is beyond me...CHO is a young boy.

Well its a bit of a surprise given how things ended last season. CHO was playing much better than Willian and was one of our outstanding players towards the end. But the beginning of the this season, things have flipped on its head

👀👀👀 Why aren’t the people who all had a baby when I suggested he might have a bit of an ego and not great attitude 2 months ago ridiculing the posters who are saying the same thing ? Because there mores than one poster saying it now probably. 

Fans aren't being harsh on CHO, just giving honest opinions on his form just as they do with every player, young or older ones.

Willian got stick early season, but now being praised. The much loved Azpi has had his fair share of stick. Tomori highly praised early on but not so much recently. Zouma started so badly fans were saying we should get rid, but now he's seen as currently our best defender.

Any player who's playing well be praised, and those that are struggling a bit will get more negative comments. It's as simple as that really.

1 hour ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

👀👀👀 Why aren’t the people who all had a baby when I suggested he might have a bit of an ego and not great attitude 2 months ago ridiculing the posters who are saying the same thing ? Because there mores than one poster saying it now probably. 

No, we just cant be arsed, why should we try to stop you and the "more than one poster" making yourselves look fools in the coming weeks/month/years when he proves you and your "more than one posters".😁👣

10 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

And what's his supposed bad attitude based on?

Is it the fact he doesn't grin like a Cheshire Cat everytime the cameras on him? Or is it the fact he wanted the best deal for him and his family?

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Doesn't look confident coming into games, think we need to give him a start in place of Willian now.

Yes, that makes sense. He's playing like sh*t so let's make him a starter.

https://bluestands.blogspot.com/2019/12/lampard-challenges-hudson-odoi-to.html

"I don’t think his best was last season. His best is to come because he has just turned 19. He is in the really early stage of his development, and he has come back from a really serious injury, so I have had to manage that with him.

"There’s real competition in wide areas, and he is going to get better and better, but he has to apply himself in training every day. He has to show when he comes on in periods of games what he can do and bring to the table if he is going to start more games.

"He will do that for sure he will do that. We have to be a little bit steady with Callum because of his age and the injury he has been through."  Lampard told the press at Cobham.

To be honest performances like these is more along the lines of what I was expecting after such an injury. 

He'll come good without a doubt but he's gonna need more gametime to show it. 

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Yes, that makes sense. He's playing like sh*t so let's make him a starter.

It's not quite that simple, he's a young player, he's going on late and trying to do too much to impress. Your other post was interesting though, sounds like Lampard doesn't think he is doing enough in training. However, I think CHO could be a better alternative than Willian at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's not quite that simple, he's a young player, he's going on late and trying to do too much to impress. Your other post was interesting though, sounds like Lampard doesn't think he is doing enough in training. However, I think CHO could be a better alternative than Willian at the moment. 

Funny, but I have the exact opposite feeling. He always seems to me like someone disinterested and quite lethargic. That's been my problem with CHO all along, I know he's coming off a serious injury and he's very young, but I imagine myself in his place, getting this dream opportunity and having everything to prove and I just can't comprehend the lack of effort on his part. I look at Mount, Tammy, Tomori and they're busting their gut out there, working extremely hard for every ball, every challenge. Can you genuinely say the same about him? Something's not right.

Edited by abramovich

8 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Funny, but I have the exact opposite feeling. He always seems to me like someone disinterested and quite lethargic. That's been my problem with CHO all along, I know he's coming off a serious injury and he's very young, but I imagine myself in his place, getting this dream opportunity and having everything to prove and I just can't comprehend the lack of effort on his part. I look at Mount, Tammy, Tomori and they're busting their gut out there, working extremely hard for every ball, every challenge. Can you genuinely say the same about him? Something's not right.

I agree with that it, is almost like he does not know what to do.

For me send on loan at first opportunity.

15 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I look at Mount, Tammy, Tomori and they're busting their gut out there, working extremely hard for every ball, every challenge.

Callum is still a teenager and 2-4 years behind those players. Remember being a teenager ?

3 minutes ago, coco said:

Callum is still a teenager and 2-4 years behind those players. Remember being a teenager ?

Nonsense. He's old enough to command a huge contract, demand playing time under threat of jumping ship and joining Bayern in his first season as a first teamer, but apparently he is too young to be expected to put in an effort? Since when working hard and trying your absolute best depends on your age? If you said he's a teenager so he 's trying but hasn't succeeded yet, I'd agree. But he's not trying, that's the point, he barely makes a f**king effort out there, and that's what baffles me.

He is on the bench because other players are doing better at the moment, so when he gets some playing time he's supposed to try and make the most of it, no? 

He’s really underwhelming I’m not trying to dig him out again I’m just being honest, he doesn’t have the demeanour of someone that’s about to burst into life any time soon either I think he’s happy getting the odd assist but I want to know why he seems scared all of a sudden to just go for it , run at the man, take him on , dare to be great. 

2 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

He’s really underwhelming I’m not trying to dig him out again I’m just being honest, he doesn’t have the demeanour of someone that’s about to burst into life any time soon either I think he’s happy getting the odd assist but I want to know why he seems scared all of a sudden to just go for it , run at the man, take him on , dare to be great. 

For me needs a loan to build his reputation, it may be a factor related to his injury, it might be mind-speed in gelling with the team yet agree he is underwhelming. Reminds me a bit of Barkley not a bad player just not delivering when it's needed.

I don’t think it’s a bad shout to give him a few starts. He’s only getting 10 min cameos, which really isn’t enough and there’s too much for him to do to impress the manager.

But he can’t be doing great in training either, as we know Lampard isn’t scared to give youth a chance. A loan would be ideal but we are short on wingers!

I defended him last week but yesterdays cameo felt like it left us a man light for the final 20 mins. He seems reluctant to get involved, I do wonder if his mindset is to initially protect his injured leg. Pity they don't do short term loans anymore of a month or so in the lower divisions to help boost his confidence. He will come good again, just will take a little longer than we have hoped.

I won't go overboard with my criticism of him like people like to do on Twitter, but he does deserve enough to get him to sit up and take notice. A bit of criticism for his performances could actually be good for him in the long run, we don't want him to drift through the season thinking this is an acceptable level to be playing at.

Basically, he needs a kick up the ass, show a bit more passion, commitment and concentration. Where is the player that we seen a few weeks back against Lille and Newcastle, the player that wanted to be involved in everything during our Europa League win last season? I have used the injury to defend some of his performances this season, but that excuse can only be used for so long. It's now time for him to start forcing himself back to his best instead of drifting through the season like he is currently doing.

I am getting slightly worried. He's been really bad for a while now.

And physically i don't think he looks the same as he did pre-injury. He looks much slower, and "heavier" in his movements. I really hope it's a temporary thing and that he'll slowly but surely regain his blistering speed and agility but if he doesn't then that injury may have screwed his career over.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I am getting slightly worried. He's been really bad for a while now.

And physically i don't think he looks the same as he did pre-injury. He looks much slower, and "heavier" in his movements. I really hope it's a temporary thing and that he'll slowly but surely regain his blistering speed and agility but if he doesn't then that injury may have screwed his career over.

People have bought this up a lot, but there is no way an injury like that should finish him at this stage of his career. He isn't the first youngster to pick up an injury and he won't be the last. We also need to remember that Hudson-Odoi's achilles injury wasn't as severe as others, he would never have recovered so quickly if it was. I just think he looks slower because he's lost a bit of confidence and his attitude towards games hasn't been right. He was as quick as he ever was in those first few games back.