Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

13 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I wonder if he only wanted the money?

One of the arguments that I had seen was the fact that there is nothing wrong with him wanting the money.
I did complain about him not looking like he really loves the club and acting like a diva during that whole little "saga", so only wanting the money was a guess at the time. I think it's very simple, he's still young so he needs to keep working hard in training and hopefully that will reflect on his performance.

I think that both him and Michy want to score goals more than anything and that may be affecting their overall performance. CHO doesn't need to shoot a few times every game he plays for 10 minutes, if he just plays good it's enough but he obviously wants to prove himself.

I'm prepared to give him the season, coming back from an injury like this was always going to take time. We should probably sign a winger and let him see out the season as fourth choice, then if there's signs of life jump him up again after Willy's inevitable departure.

This is also a warning to people holding out on RLC coming back and picking up where he left off, it's not going to happen and he will probably be just as bad for a while as what we're currently seeing from Callum.

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

I'm prepared to give him the season, coming back from an injury like this was always going to take time. We should probably sign a winger and let him see out the season as fourth choice, then if there's signs of life jump him up again after Willy's inevitable departure.

This is also a warning to people holding out on RLC coming back and picking up where he left off, it's not going to happen and he will probably be just as bad for a while as what we're currently seeing from Callum.

It might be the injury has not recovered properly yet the staff cannot identify an issue so he plays not feeling quite right.

I have serious doubts around RLCs longevity in the game even before these serious injuries he had a back problem so not surprised his comeback is delayed.

I dont think his dip in form is anything to do with his physical injury but down to lack of confidence and form. I bet right from an early age he has been dominating games and been head and shoulders above his peers, for the first time in his career he is not getting time on the ball and he is not able to have his way, everything he does seems to be rushed which results in a lack of quality and end product.

Its a shame we are out of the league cup however if we can give him a start against lower league opposition in the FA cup or if we can blow some teams away in the PL to give him some minutes in a low pressure scenario it could do him a world of good. At the moment he is coming on during the most intense phase of play in the game and the pressure just seems to be too much and therefore his performances seem to be hindered.

16 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I wonder if he only wanted the money?

Seriously come on, of course he wants the money, but to suggest that he's happy to be sat on the bench, out of form and low on confidence is just being silly. His temperament is that of a player rushing to get back to where he left off, not really taking the team into account, looking for a quick fix goal and fan adulation. The kind of things i used to see in younger kids when they get their chance to come off the touchline, you feel for them, their desperate to get in the team and be apart of it, sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. But i can guarantee his is trying, just not getting it right yet. He did hit a Lille defender in the face with a shot that was on target, grasping at straws maybe, but i reckon one goal or assist and he'll be up and running again, it's not like he's totally unproven, he showed us last season he can do it.

44 minutes ago, coco said:

Seriously come on, of course he wants the money, but to suggest that he's happy to be sat on the bench, out of form and low on confidence is just being silly. His temperament is that of a player rushing to get back to where he left off, not really taking the team into account, looking for a quick fix goal and fan adulation. The kind of things i used to see in younger kids when they get their chance to come off the touchline, you feel for them, their desperate to get in the team and be apart of it, sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. But i can guarantee his is trying, just not getting it right yet. He did hit a Lille defender in the face with a shot that was on target, grasping at straws maybe, but i reckon one goal or assist and he'll be up and running again, it's not like he's totally unproven, he showed us last season he can do it.

Didn't take long for people to turn on him did it.

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

Just at the start of the season they were saying Pulisic is sh*t and a waste of money and CHO is much better, now it's the opposite, amazing how fickle people can be. 

Also, it’s not like CHO has been awful this year. He was actually quite good early on, picked up a handful of assists.  It’s really after the injury he suffered on international duty that he’s taken to a bad run of form.

16 hours ago, dkw said:

Didn't take long for people to turn on him did it.

I’ve not turned on him, it was a genuine question which could explain the lack of effort or performance? I’m not calling for us to sell him or anything like that.

Sometimes I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions and accusing people of turning on players. If you see that as me being fickle, sure you’re welcome to think whatever you’d like to. Just thought I should make my point.

Nobody's writing him off, I wish people would stop being so touchy and defensive. No one is free from criticism. If CHO is struggling, why shouldn't we bring it up? Because he's a Chelsea youngster? And analyzing a player's performances and pointing out flaws in his game/attitude is just as important, if not more so than singing him praises when he does well. We all want our players to succeed, our academy graduates especially, for obvious reasons, so let's stop with generalizing. Being frustrated and wondering why a player in question is not performing well (which is what some posters here do) is clearly not the same as claiming he's crap and demanding the club to get rid of him (which is what they're regularly being accused of).

7 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Nobody's writing him off, I wish people would stop being so touchy and defensive. No one is free from criticism. If CHO is struggling, why shouldn't we bring it up? Because he's a Chelsea youngster? And analyzing a player's performances and pointing out flaws in his game/attitude is just as important, if not more so than singing him praises when he does well. We all want our players to succeed, our academy graduates especially, for obvious reasons, so let's stop with generalizing. Being frustrated and wondering why a player in question is not performing well (which is what some posters here do) is clearly not the same as claiming he's crap and demanding the club to get rid of him (which is what they're regularly being accused of).

You realise this is all about someone posting maybe he only wanted the money? No one has said he shouldnt be criticised for his performances.

4 hours ago, dkw said:

You realise this is all about someone posting maybe he only wanted the money? No one has said he shouldnt be criticised for his performances.

You think it’s not possible that the money has gone to his head and now he’s slacking? It’s a natural thing to happen, almost like you’ve worked so hard to reach an objective, now you’ve got it, you breath a sigh of relief and now you’re relaxed, the performances start to slip. After all the majority of you have said he’s so young.

I think he needs a reality check to get himself back in gear, so I think a loan wouldn’t be the worst idea.

Edited by dansubrosa

Seems like there some very sensitive grown men in here.

Reality is that this is professional sports at the highest level, where athletes are being paid millions to perform. If you don't perform, you will get criticized. If you're not ready for first team then you will drop down and play with the youth team, go on loan, or sit on the bench until you've proven ready for first team starting minutes. At this point, CHO has  not taken full advtanges of his limited minutes to force Lampard to play him consistently. Pulisic did, and that's why he's starting now. That's the difference between a winner and a champion, versus an average individual.

17 years old Sancho had been starting for Dortmund and putting up impressive numbers. Age is not the issue, performance is. Don't let age be an excuse.