enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Argo said:

I'm not even convinced he was really planning on moving this early, he was for me using his strong cards to get more game time and a better wage.

And if he is more of a Beckham than a Scholes/Giggs (so to speak) then who are we to begrudge him? Had he not been good enough we would have shafted him on the loan conveyor belt indefinitely before eventually throwing him out to fend for himself, loyalty is a two way street.

Anyway there's no guarantee he will go abroad in the end but there's no harm in keeping an open mind (for example I've always toyed with the idea of going to live and work abroad but not yet made the plunge and I may never do). All the old guard bar Terry mulled the idea of moving at some point before deciding to settle here until their twilight years, Callum may do the same we just don't know but what I do know is there's no need to get so worked up over something that if it ever happens won't be for at least 6 years from now.

Nobody's getting worked up. And how do you know it can only happen six years from now?

All I'm saying is I can understand being frustrated because you believe you're ready and not getting chances. But agitating for a move away at 18 a few months into your first season with the first team in your boyhood club? Really?

I'm not defending Sarri not picking CHO if he indeed looked as good in training as Green claims. But what had he accomplished by that time to think he deserved to play ahead of more experienced players? He didn't exactly set the world on fire on those occasions when he got to play, by the way. I can understand his desire, but given the circumstances, I felt he was either being immature or poorly advised.

I'm sure CHO's supremely talented and I'm looking forward to him becoming a star for Chelsea. And I don't begrudge him wanting to explore other options in his future career, that's his life and his choice. But that comment about 'no need to move yet' is telling, imo. 

Edited by abramovich

2 hours ago, Stim said:

He was picked before that too. He just continued to be picked after.

Picked for the bench, but he never started a premier league game until March, after the Cardiff away game when Sarri was lambasted by the away support, Sarri had to start him after that, he started the next 3 league games, but then on the 4th game he got injured against Burnley.

16 minutes ago, abramovich said:

But agitating for a move away at 18 a few months into your first season with the first team in your boyhood club? Really?

Agitating for a move ? or playing a good hand ? It was just a long game of poker, he never really wanted to leave, how do i know ? he's still here, and he had every chance of leaving in just 12 weeks time. So you must assume he never wanted to leave.

38 minutes ago, coco said:

Agitating for a move ? or playing a good hand ? It was just a long game of poker, he never really wanted to leave, how do i know ? he's still here, and he had every chance of leaving in just 12 weeks time. So you must assume he never wanted to leave.

You forget that he missed five months due to injury. That could have played a part in Bayern cooling their interest. Plus, Sarri leaving and Lampard taking over with Chelsea youth becoming a key part of the first team recently certainly convinced him he'll be playing regularly.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Picked for the bench, but he never started a premier league game until March, after the Cardiff away game when Sarri was lambasted by the away support, Sarri had to start him after that, he started the next 3 league games, but then on the 4th game he got injured against Burnley.

Which is a bit different to 'did well in training but never got picked' innit.

I'll be honest, I never read the article just going off the guy quoting it saying he did well in training but never got picked. Unless he is specifically saying never picked to start a PL game but even then I think that's the usual mr fantastic reach to make the situation sound so much worse than it was.

9 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Just watched first half of under 21's CHO has just scored two fabulous goals.

He’s on it tonight! Absolutely brilliant goals!

On 06/10/2019 at 23:03, RIP Mourinho said:

and people question the lads mentality lmao. Got it all to make it as one of the best in the world if he wants.

I don't care, he didn't get tied down in a 20k a week contract here for 5 years. 

f**k him, he's a traitor, how dare he try to get a bigger contract where lumps of wood like Rashford are on 300k a week. 

6 hours ago, Slojo said:

I don't care, he didn't get tied down in a 20k a week contract here for 5 years. 

f**k him, he's a traitor, how dare he try to get a bigger contract where lumps of wood like Rashford are on 300k a week. 

Bruder, this is number one bull....

Edited by GhostOfDembaBa

1 hour ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Bruder, this is number one bull....

Quick google search says he is on £10.4 million a year. So £200k a week standard. 

No doubt he has performance related bonuses as well, such as being Utd's top scorer, making X amount of appearances etc. 

£300k probably isn't far off the mark all things considered.