Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

3 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Impressive performance from Liverpool.

4 premier league teams in the quarterfinals , surely one of them has to make the final.

Not only that but who stops one of them from winning it? Maybe juve but the rest? No chance.

Just now, axman2526 said:

Barcelona may have enough to beat spurs or United. Not city or liverpool.

But Barcelona have the experience, and that tends to mean a great deal in this competition, so I think they could beat City and Liverpool. Real Madrid's last two Champions League was won because of experience. They were outplayed many times in Champions League last season and the season before, but they found a way to win.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

But Barcelona have the experience, and that tends to mean a great deal in this competition, so I think they could beat City and Liverpool. Real Madrid's last two Champions League was won because of experience. They were outplayed many times in Champions League last season and the season before, but they found a way to win.

Real Madrid won because of Ronaldo. Low and behold he leaves they get knocked out and he goes through with his new team.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Barcelona may have enough to beat spurs or United. Not city or liverpool.

I'd say Barca would cruise past United & Spurs, and I'd fancy them to beat City too. Liverpool are the ones I'd say they'd struggle against. Their setup seems to be perfect for countering the bigger teams.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Real Madrid won because of Ronaldo. Low and behold he leaves they get knocked out and he goes through with his new team.

But even Ronaldo was poor for them at times in these Champions League runs. It was Bale, Ramos and Modric that turned up at the big moments. Also, Messi is better than Ronaldo, so if Real Madrid get through just because of Ronaldo, then Barcelona can't be ruled out when they have Messi in their team.

Edited by Scott Harris

Just saw how Suarez dived to win the penalty in the first half. He actually stamps on the defender and then goes down like he's been shot. "Technical difficulties" with VAR meant they didn't review it, according to a tweet I saw at least.

Just now, TJB said:

Just saw how Suarez dived to win the penalty in the first half. He actually stamps on the defender and then goes down like he's been shot. "Technical difficulties" with VAR meant they didn't review it, according to a tweet I saw at least.

I watched the game and I'm sure they reviewed it. Suarez is an asshole though, he does that all of the time, even with VAR he gets away with it.

Credit to Liverpool to be fair, their second half was excellent. 

That being said, that Bayern team was devoid of ideas and good footy. Atrocious performance and a few players not fit for the sh*te (Sanchez, Rodriguez and co).

Rodriguez is a con job, glad we didn't go anywhere near him when Real fished him out of the nightclub and flogged him on loan. 

Reflections on Liverpool tonight.

Good early goal from Mane.

Good work rate from their front three especially in Firminho, Mane and Salah.

They play quite a high defensive back line with three at the back.

I think when we play them we will need Hazard back to Centre Forward aka false No.9 supported by Willian and Pedro.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Liverpool’s decision to fork out a record fee for Van Djik has transformed them as a team.

They went all out for the player they wanted and it’s made the difference. Same true with Alisson, recognised the weakness and went out and bought the best they could.

If you want to be the best, you’ve got to be willing to buy the best. 

35 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

But even Ronaldo was poor for them at times in these Champions League runs. It was Bale, Ramos and Modric that turned up at the big moments. Also, Messi is better than Ronaldo, so if Real Madrid get through just because of Ronaldo, then Barcelona can't be ruled out when they have Messi in their team.

Ronaldo scored most of his CL goals in the knockout stage of the Champions league, so he's much better than Messi in Europe that's for sure.