Chelsea FC Put Up For Sale - The Sunday Times

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, M.M.B said:

Jim Radcliffe.

Put your money intoNotts County.

Then I'm sure your venture into english football will be seen more as a fan of the game, than someone who can buy a trophy..

Why do you want an English billionaire who likes football to NOT buy us?!?

11 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Why do you want an English billionaire who likes football to NOT buy us?!?

18 hours ago, M.M.B said:

Jim Radcliffe.

Put your money intoNotts County.

Then I'm sure your venture into english football will be seen more as a fan of the game, than someone who can buy a trophy..

I dont think his nationality should have anything to do with him buying the club, english or other wise.

He said he was looking to dip his toe into football in this country.

My point being that a club like Notts county who were one of the founding clubs of the football league, could do with a little help.

especially after falling out of the football league.

He is from manchester, Nottingham is not that far from there if britishness comes into it.

Im sure, as & when RA sells the club the buyers will have more than enough funds in place to see the club move on.

If he wants cfc i see it only as a statement for him.

But not fussed either way.

30 minutes ago, M.M.B said:

I dont think his nationality should have anything to do with him buying the club, english or other wise.

My point being that a club like Notts county who were one of the founding clubs of the football league, could do with a little help.

He is from manchester, Nottingham is not that far from there if britishness comes into it.

Im sure, as & when RA sells the club the buyers will have more than enough funds in place to see the club move on.

He used to have a season ticket at Chelsea as he lived nearby. I'm sure if RA didn't want to sell the club there wouldn't be links to Radcliffe. Do you think RA should have bought a low level club? No. So why Radcliffe?

He's not a charity. He wants to buy a club like Chelsea because we are top level. I don't care if he wants trophies, loves football or love Chelsea, all of those are good reasons for why he can buy us. 

32 minutes ago, M.M.B said:

A British owner would probably be better than any other nationality as they would understand the roots of the British game.

Contrast that with Hull City being changed to the Hull Tigers or Cardiff's Bluebirds being told to play in red.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Roman has been the best owner, it would be hard to top him. And he doesn't want to sell anyway.

I'm not so sure if this refusal to sell talk is just a business strategy of getting the offer raised?

Edited by strider6004

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Roman has been the best owner, it would be hard to top him. And he doesn't want to sell anyway.

We don't know that. If you were selling a football club the last thing you would do is announce it. 

33 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

A British owner would probably be better than any other nationality as they would understand the roots of the British game.

Contrast that with Hull City being changed to the Hull Tigers or Cardiff's Bluebirds being told to play in red.

What are the roots that John Henry dosn't understand. ?

They seem to be doing ok.

3 hours ago, M.M.B said:

What are the roots that John Henry dosn't understand. ?

They seem to be doing ok.

Foreign owners can be great. English owners can be crap. 

Radcliffe though is an English owner who likes football. I'll be happy with that. 

22 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Foreign owners can be great. English owners can be crap. 

Radcliffe though is an English owner who likes football. I'll be happy with that. 

Somebody liking football doesn't feel me with confidence. Mike Ashley likes football, but he has been one of the worst owners a football club could have.

The difference between Roman Abramovich and most other owners is that he put the football before business, he valued success on the pitch as more important. I'm not convinced that Ratcliffe would have a similar attitude. Also, doesn't he already own a football club? Isn't there some sort of rule about not being allowed to own two clubs in Europe? I'm not 100% sure how it works so I could be wrong.

26 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Somebody liking football doesn't feel me with confidence. Mike Ashley likes football, but he has been one of the worst owners a football club could have.

The difference between Roman Abramovich and most other owners is that he put the football before business, he valued success on the pitch as more important. I'm not convinced that Ratcliffe would have a similar attitude. Also, doesn't he already own a football club? Isn't there some sort of rule about not being allowed to own two clubs in Europe? I'm not 100% sure how it works so I could be wrong.

I don't know about if he owns a club. I do know that Roman put building our stadium on hold. Which is going to hold us back from being a top tier club in the long run. 

40 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I believe its a small swiss club.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I don't know about if he owns a club. I do know that Roman put building our stadium on hold. Which is going to hold us back from being a top tier club in the long run. 

Well if you've got some loose change down the back of your sofa chip in. I reckon with inflation and the Brexit effect about a billion pounds should cover it.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Well if you've got some loose change down the back of your sofa chip in. I reckon with inflation and the Brexit effect about a billion pounds should cover it.

Well I'm not a billionaire....

My point is, Roman of 5 years ago wouldn't blink. A stadium is needed for us to be top tier. He knows that, everyone knows that. He decided not to take us there because it wasn't worthwhile for him personally.

I don't begrudge him that, he's done enough. But a new owner will take us there. 

8 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Well I'm not a billionaire....

My point is, Roman of 5 years ago wouldn't blink. A stadium is needed for us to be top tier. He knows that, everyone knows that. He decided not to take us there because it wasn't worthwhile for him personally.

I don't begrudge him that, he's done enough. But a new owner will take us there. 

Roman five years ago wasn’t being f**ked in the arse by the government of the country he was just on the verge of investing a billion pound in. 

If I was in his position I’d have turned around and given them a big f**k you too. 

12 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

He decided not to take us there because it wasn't worthwhile for him personally.

There's more to it then that mate for a man of his wealth he's not at all egocentric so he's not looking for personal accolades it's just a logistical nightmare.

5 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Shhh, you’re not allowed to support the man who transformed our club on here. 

That's not fair! I have always said there should be a statue of Ken Bates at the entrance to Stamford Bridge.

Edited by just

18 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Roman five years ago wasn’t being f**ked in the arse by the government of the country he was just on the verge of investing a billion pound in. 

If I was in his position I’d have turned around and given them a big f**k you too. 

I'd do the same. But that's why he should sell and move on. It's not right for him anymore. 

If we want to be top tier we need a new owner to take us there. Roman has brought us this far and has been fantastic but it's not going to be him to take us on to the next level. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I'd do the same. But that's why he should sell and move on. It's not right for him anymore. 

If we want to be top tier we need a new owner to take us there. Roman has brought us this far and has been fantastic but it's not going to be him to take us on to the next level. 

Right.  He was passionate about Chelsea.  He attended a lot of games.  He cheered when we did well.  He sulked when we didn't.  He was at the training ground checking in.  He once brought his kid to Boston for college and pitched up at a local bar to watch Chelsea with a bunch of local supporters.  He cared.  And the UK government has stripped him of his passion by not allowing him to work with his club.  To the point where he wasn't even spotted at any games outside the UK.  I don't blame him at all if he wanted to sell.

Edited by Boston Blue