Our best players

Lucashm
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Ok guys, i´ve been thinking about creating this thread for a while, because i´m curious to hear your opinions.

If you guys had to rate all of our outfield players, in terms of their overall abilities and overall performance/potential levels, what would your list be? I´ll start with mine

1- Eden Hazard

2- N´golo Kante

3- Jorginho

4- Cesar Azpilicueta

5- Mateo Kovacic

6- Antonio Rudiger

7- Willian

8- Pedro

9- Fabregas

10- Andreas Christensen

11- Marcos Alonso

12- Alvaro Morata

13- David Luiz

14- Ruben Loftus-Cheek

15- Emerson Palmieri

16- Ross Barkley

17- Olivier Giroud

18- Davide Zappacosta

19- Callum Hudson-Odoi

20- Victor Moses

21- Gary Cahill

22- Danny Drinkwater

23- Tammy Abraham

I will also add, that this is how i CURRENTLY view our squad, Hudson Odoi for example, could end up higher by the end of the season, but this is more of a current assesment of our squad in terms of their actual level right now in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

As it stands:

Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta, and possibly Jorginho (depending on how the season goes) are tier 1 and irreplaceable

Rudiger, Pedro, Willian, Alonso, Arrizabalaga, Christensen, Emerson, Luiz, Fabregas, Barkley, Kovacic, are tier 2. All good players that will contribute a lot to the team but aren't irreplaceable.

Caballero, Green, Zappacosta, Cahill, Ampadu, Drinkwater, Loftus-Cheek, Morata, Giroud, Moses, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, are tier 3. Easily replaceable, but handy to have around to fill out the squad.

39 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

As it stands:

Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta, and possibly Jorginho (depending on how the season goes) are tier 1 and irreplaceable

Rudiger, Pedro, Willian, Alonso, Arrizabalaga, Christensen, Emerson, Luiz, Fabregas, Barkley, Kovacic, are tier 2. All good players that will contribute a lot to the team but aren't irreplaceable.

Caballero, Green, Zappacosta, Cahill, Ampadu, Drinkwater, Loftus-Cheek, Morata, Giroud, Moses, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, are tier 3. Easily replaceable, but handy to have around to fill out the squad.

hmm, i agree with your list, but i would move Callum and Loftus cheek to the tier 2 list

15 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Not quite yet, they need to prove themselves at this level first.

If you look at the original statement it says performance/potential. 

Based on that criteria, I think Hudson-Odoi would move up a lot of lists and Fabergas would move down. Neither have performed, and one is oozing with potential, while the other is a good servant to the club at this point, but not someone who I want facing elite competition and isn't going to get any better. 

16 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

As it stands:

This.

I would have the likes of Tammy, Moses, Drinkwater, Zappacosta and Cahill in the "deadwood" column though.

Is this in the context of how valuable they are within the specific context of our squad, or in terms of raw ability? Assuming the latter...

Among the world's best:

Hazard

Kanté

International standard:

Azpilicueta

Jorginho

Rüdiger

Willian

Alonso

Emerson

Kova?i? (probably)

Morata (probably)

Giroud (probably)

Christensen (probably)

Would comfortably be in one of the higher categories if not for some defining flaw:

Fàbregas

Luiz

Pretty good, worth having around:

Pedro

Cahill

Very promising albeit almost entirely unproven at this level:

Arrizabalaga

Barkley

Loftus-Cheek

Abraham

Hudson-Odoi

Ampadu

Filler:

Drinkwater 

Caballero

Moses (regrettably, particularly in a Sarri team)

Zappacosta

Green

Edited by PloKoon13

1 minute ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Hazard over Kante makes no sense. With N'golo on the team we almost took a place in top 4, without him - barely top 10.. Hazard took seasons off both the occasions.

Of course it makes sense. Kante is a great little player, no doubt, but everyone knows that Hazard is one of the world's very elite players and would command a transfer fee in the region of £200M.

Without Hazard we are a very ordinary side.

18 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Hazard over Kante makes no sense. With N'golo on the team we almost took a place in top 4, without him - barely top 10.. Hazard took seasons off both the occasions.

I didn't put a huge amount of thought into the individual rankings to be perfectly honest. I consider both of them to be entirely irreplaceable. Most of the categories are just in order of squad number. 

18 hours ago, Nibs said:

Of course it makes sense. Kante is a great little player, no doubt, but everyone knows that Hazard is one of the world's very elite players and would command a transfer fee in the region of £200M.

Without Hazard we are a very ordinary side.

Kante is the best in the world  on his position. Not sure if Hazard is in top 5 on his. Hazard at his best is phenomenal but you don't see it often Kante is top of the world all day. 

the absence of Kante would be lethal for the club on every single aspect of the game. Hazard? We've seen him missing twice - with Kante - 5th, without him - 10th. 

Kante is just more important. And I put an equality sign between importance and greatness. If you consider it like pure quality, sure, it's Hazard. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

Just now, Giordano_Bruno said:

Kante is the best in the world  on his position. Not sure if Hazard is in top 5 on his. Hazard at his best is phenomenal but you don't see it often Kante is top of the world all day. 

the absence of Kante would be lethal for the club on every single aspect of the game. Hazard? We've seen him missing twice - with Kante - 5th, without him - 10th. 

Hazard was hardly missing last year, the bloke finished our top scorer ffs.

Hazard wins games by himself, Kante won't. 

Both are equally as important to the team as the other.

3 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

He really is.

Look, we wouldn't want to lose EITHER, as I think ALL CFC fans would agree they are our two most important players. You repeat about Hazard going missing - the whole team went missing that season and Hazard was carrying an injury. He has become one of our most consistent performers and was one of the stand-out players at the World Cup. As much as we would miss Kante, the fact is Hazard IS our most prized asset - that's not even up for debate.

5 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Hazard was hardly missing last year, the bloke finished our top scorer ffs.

Hazard wins games by himself, Kante won't. 

Both are equally as important to the team as the other.

Not to mention that he both won and scored the penalty which won us the FA Cup...

3 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Kante gives this opportunity to Hazard by playing on the highest levels for 90 minutes.

Without Kante, holding the entire pitch for Chelsea, Hazard's tenth minutes of magic, would be practically useless. 

You're right, how did we ever win the league with Hazard pulling all the strings before Kante turned up. Hazard is just another SWP without Kante in the team.