Racist fanbase?

2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Some in the media were calling it a disgrace we were singing sterling runs like a girl. 

So we've still got some way until we find out where the line will be drawn. 

And Sterling is apparently a victim of the media. 

The reason why I'm confident on saying the media are overblowing a lot of these incidents is strictly because of the moment we had with Sterling, there was no evidence of racist abuse yet that's the narrative anyway. The poor man was guilty until proven otherwise, I don't care if he's a bad mouthy gobby git, he doesn't deserve that until there is actual proof. But people want their witch hunt I guess... 

10 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Some in the media were calling it a disgrace we were singing sterling runs like a girl. 

So we've still got some way until we find out where the line will be drawn. 

The media deliberately report incidents at face value, even though more often than not these “ offensive” occurrences 

were intended as a joke. The journalists who churn out this garbage aren’t stupid, they are completely aware of this but choose to ignore and go for the sensationalist headline. ( Black humour if you can still call it that)

Thats the whole thing with football banter. It’s not hatred. It’s a big wind up.

Edited by Ewell CFC

As Liverpool have issued a strong statement condemning our fans over last night's song, which is fair enough, it would be a good time to remind them of this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kick-it-out-chairman-welcomes-list-of-unacceptable-words-issued-by-liverpool-to-staff-8739015.html

I'm unaware of them issuing a statement condemning their own fans for their routine and recurrent homophobic abuse of the entire Chelsea fanbase.

8 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

As Liverpool have issued a strong statement condemning our fans over last night's song, which is fair enough, it would be a good time to remind them of this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kick-it-out-chairman-welcomes-list-of-unacceptable-words-issued-by-liverpool-to-staff-8739015.html

I'm unaware of them issuing a statement condemning their own fans for their routine and recurrent homophobic abuse of the entire Chelsea fanbase.

"Man up" is on the list? lol deary me, what a strange world we live in ?

Edited by DannyBoy

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

That is genuine isn't it,?..... just looks made up, what if you use a word not on there, honestly the world is going mad, but when the Dictionary Fascists start telling us what we can say, people will just say f**k this, and it'll  become even more of a problem, Check out the Isreal Folau fallout by the Aussie rugby union........

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Within a couple of years we'll see people getting football banning orders and losing their jobs for telling a player that dived to stop being such a big girl.

That why I play it safe and just call them cheating c**ts!

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Funny how Liverpool have come out with a statement on the incident within minutes. If a rival does a distasteful chant we'll call them every name under the sun and go straight to the police but if one of their own players racially abuses another player to their face they'll wear t-shirts in support of him and boo the victim.

Liverpool FC - offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Spot on mate

49 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

One man went to mows on borrowed time. Gloryfying the destruction of protected grasslands and all the wildlife they support. Offensive to ecology freaks.

Good, it’s sh*te now because only four people join in the first nine verses. 

8 hours ago, mclovin83 said:

Let's be honest; the song in question is stupid and in poor taste.

All involved should have known better. Furthermore, they must be completely & utterly braindead to actually post it online themselves.

Is it really that deep though? I'm not sure it really warranted the attention it has got, but I am sure most will disagree.

I remember 10-15 years ago there were songs about Mido being a "shoe bomber in disguise" and nobody cared. It was classed as banter.

Many will argue, I am sure, that it's a good thing that times have changed in that respect.

In a week where people have campaigned for action against the use of the term "pikeys" on account of it being 'racist', I do wonder where we draw the line in terms of what is and isn't considered light hearted banter.

I agree there needs to be a line, but I am also just not sure everything needs to be taken quite so seriously.

Great post

48 minutes ago, enigma said:

I don't know what to think of this. I am inclined to believe him tbh, but then again there is no proof. It would not surprise me though.

In the era of the most recent Jussie Smollett, one must remain from jumping to conclusions on these topics. 

Hopefully, it's resolved. Like I said before, I've never had any racist experience at the Bridge or at an away ground, that's my anecdotal input, take it or leave it. 

If it's true, I can't think of any better punishment than getting the police involved, making a formal apology and banning the fans immediately, because nobody should be experiencing racism anywhere, not at a football match, not by our own fans. We should always be together in the stands. 

But I'm not going to say he's telling the truth or not, because I have no idea, and the "why would he lie" holds no merit, why would Jussie Smollett lie? People can do stupid things in today's social/political climate for attention, so I advise people not to jump to conclusions on both ends. Take serious precaution but nobody is guilty until we know for definite, all parties are innocent for now. 

Edited by Slojo

Why would he lie? There’s literally nothing to gain from it.

Just from my experiences at The Bridge I can see it happening from the usual pissed up billy big bollocks lads lads lads showing off to their mates. The quicker these idiots are banned, the better. 

11 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Why would he lie? There’s literally nothing to gain from it.

Just from my experiences at The Bridge I can see it happening from the usual pissed up billy big bollocks lads lads lads showing off to their mates. The quicker these idiots are banned, the better. 

I pretty much just provided an example... He's already had an interview on Sky Sports, people can lie about the most absurd things. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I pretty much just provided an example... He's already had an interview on Sky Sports, people can lie about the most absurd things. 

But what does he physically gain from being a Sky Sports other than 5 minutes of fame? Do you think they paid him? What’s the point? 

Just now, Munkworth said:

But what does he physically gain from being a Sky Sports other than 5 minutes of fame? Do you think they paid him? What’s the point? 

What did Smollett gain from staging a hoax? He was already a famous millionaire with an aspiring acting career. 

8 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Maybe we should pull a Liverpool and make Tshirts for the players to wear to support the people who engaged in racial abuse......

Nah, let's actually have some class as a whole and keep the racists to the fringes and beyond with no support.  It's easy to call out and punish racism from your rivals, but how you deal with it among your own is a much better test of character.

59 minutes ago, Slojo said:

What did Smollett gain from staging a hoax? He was already a famous millionaire with an aspiring acting career. 

It was said he was trying to higher wages by being a better known name which works when fame is part and parcel of the job.

Average Joe from the street isn’t getting jack sh*t. 

Agree that a few pissed-up lads singing about Salah in a bar is not nice, but it’s not racist.

Islam, like all religions (or cults) is an ideology not a race....

Looking forward to the Liverpool stewards chucking everyone out of the kop on Sunday when they start the rent boy chant.

Edited by Shug

14 hours ago, Backbiter said:

In the spirit of the above Liverpool FC statement I’ve rewritten the lyrics of a couple of well known songs below. No prizes for singing at Anfield on Sunday..

My gender neutral parents’ a refuse disposal operative
he / she or however they decide to gender identify as wears a refuse disposal operatives’ safety cap with hi-vis markings
he / she or however they decide to gender identify as wears cor-blimey trousers or a skirt or leggings depending on how they have identified that day
and he / she or however they decide to gender identify used to live in local authority subsidised rental accommodation, but that’s been reassigned to an asylum seeker.   

One gender neutral person went to mow,

went to mow a meadow, hoping not to upset any ecology snowflakes

one gender neutral person and his / her or however they decided to identify as without their dog as captivity is wrong

went to mow a meadow, hoping not to upset any ecology snowflakes