Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

17 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

i still dont get Spurs hiring Mourinho and that locker room just seem really toxic

I do, a talented squad that has won nothing and Jose has a short term record of getting some silverware. Suits both parties.

The squad will break without the belief they can win something... Harry Kane and no offers yet for Eriksen. 

Edited by Strider6003
13 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

i still dont get Spurs hiring Mourinho and that locker room just seem really toxic

Jose himself gets money, more than what he earns at Sky and his new buddies in the media will surely throw Spuds under the bus for being a sinking ship instead of Jose, so there's no real risk to his reputation for him.

Spurs drop another 2 points, good for us.  Spurs were awful for the most part, a lot of rebuilding to be done at 3 point Lane....have they got the money unless Jose has changed his ways and will be playing the kids.......err no.

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

I do, a talented squad that has won nothing and Jose has a short term record of getting some silverware. Suits both parties.

The squad will break without the belief they can win something... Harry Kane no offers yet for Eriksen. 

Yeah i can see this point of view, its just so uninspiring for me and if i was a Spurs player i would be pretty mad going from playing a fun attacking side with Poch to Jose's style of play...

10 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Jose himself gets money, more than what he earns at Sky and his new buddies in the media will surely throw Spuds under the bus for being a sinking ship instead of Jose, so there's no real risk to his reputation for him.

I get it for Mourinho but no for Spurs

11 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I don't even know why Mourinho went there, credit to him for taking on the challenge but does he really think Levy is going to get him the players he wants???

Credit to Mou ?? The man was deperate to get any job !! And Spurs are the kind of clubs that he gonna get now...watch him get sack next december and get the Newcastles job.

1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

They are a sinking ship. I said it before our game against them. Pocettino made that team and they have no real sense of direction anymore, similar to what happened to Arsenal when Wenger left.

47 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Spurs should've lost but I'll take that, they lost points again, that's great news for us. 

Im past getting worried about Spurs results, I wanted them to lose just because but I didn't feel a winner would potentially cause us any harm.

The real big worry is United, for all Ole's faults the relaxed way he manages could leave a very happy confident environment if United pick up some momentum, hopefully we can pick up 9 points before they come here which will give us a chance to build what should be an irreparable gap.

36 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

They are a sinking ship. I said it before our game against them. Pocettino made that team and they have no real sense of direction anymore, similar to what happened to Arsenal when Wenger left.

The flip side is a great team that wins nothing so a generation of players will fear not getting any recognition so will look to move. This is Eriksen's curse he may have left it a season too late,  Hazard managed it well to go to a 'better' club.

I'm spiritual and don't think Poch will win anything as he plays dirty at times, just hope Man U take a punt on him after Olly.

Edited by Strider6003
1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Credit to Mou ?? The man was deperate to get any job !! And Spurs are the kind of clubs that he gonna get now...watch him get sack next december and get the Newcastles job.

I don't know, I think he could've got any safer job outside of the UK, to be fair to him he's going for a challenge at Spurs. I can actually respect that. 

52 minutes ago, Argo said:

Im past getting worried about Spurs results, I wanted them to lose just because but I didn't feel a winner would potentially cause us any harm.

The real big worry is United, for all Ole's faults the relaxed way he manages could leave a very happy confident environment if United pick up some momentum, hopefully we can pick up 9 points before they come here which will give us a chance to build what should be an irreparable gap.

Agree, it's United who are the big threat, potentially Arsenal also should Arteta improve their form, he's certainly got the team playing better. 

I would've said Spurs are the biggest threat but that injury to Kane will be too much for them I think. 

• coco unpinned this topic