Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

26 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Rashford is out for two-three months apparantly.

That will really hurt United.

It would be a terrible waste if we can't clinch fourth this season. 

They are left with just Martial if that is the case. I reckon Utd and Spuds will both sign a striker so the shape of the race is going to change soon.

3 hours ago, ducavis said:

Shows you how important Ndidi is to Leicester

Ndidi he is! (Sorry couldn’t resist)

I was nearly sick at work earlier. Had the radio on and the arse rimming of all things scouse was just nauseating. 

Edited by Munkworth
1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Rashford is out for two-three months apparantly.

That will really hurt United.

It would be a terrible waste if we can't clinch fourth this season. 

Yeah definitely. Given the form of other teams, we really should be clinching 4th spot. Given we are in terms of overhauling the squad, having champions league will be an advantage and financially it is huge. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

6 more wins until Liverpool can win the league. Prepare yourself guys, the media hyperbole will be awful. 

I think it will go on a bit longer than that ... I reckon mid/late March they'll be home and hosed ... going to be bloody early for sure !

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

6 more wins until Liverpool can win the league. Prepare yourself guys, the media hyperbole will be awful. 

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

I think it will go on a bit longer than that ... I reckon mid/late March they'll be home and hosed ... going to be bloody early for sure !

I wouldn't be surprised if they win it earlier. They are winning every single game, and City are dropping points. 

The Premier League and football in Europe is worse than ever. No team should be this dominant. This Liverpool team isn't better than European teams in the past, especially teams during the early 2000's to 2012, and they are going to break a ton of records. 

It feels like we are going through a weird era of the game.

Anyone saw this?

Don't know who's worse...but at some point Keane suggests that SFL is only doing well because "he's English" otherwise he would be taking the same heat as his old buddy Ole Gunnar...laughable!

10 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they win it earlier. They are winning every single game, and City are dropping points. 

The Premier League and football in Europe is worse than ever. No team should be this dominant. This Liverpool team isn't better than European teams in the past, especially teams during the early 2000's to 2012, and they are going to break a ton of records. 

It's bizarre isn't it ... the more money goes into the game, and the more players are paid, the worse the playing standards get ... and as you say it's not just in the PL, its all across Europe ... utterly bizarre ...

11 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It makes me think of when Mourinho came to Chelsea and turned us into a winning machine, I'm sure Liverpool and United fans said,

'It feels like we are going through a weird era of the game.'

Pep was dominant the last couple of seasons and now it has swung to Liverpool, yet in both cases the clubs have invested significantly under top managers to get the best talents for their football styles.

Us, Utd, Arse and Spurs are all chasing (or trying) with untested or inferior managers or managers that have not got their types of players on board. 

I see Rashford has now joined Kane on the injury list as big players for our nearest and dearest that might cost our competitors for fourth some points as both are important for their respective teams.

Vardy's form has dropped too.

Edited by Strider6003
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

It makes me think of when Mourinho came to Chelsea and turned us into a winning machine, I'm sure Liverpool and United fans said,

'It feels like we are going through a weird era of the game.'

Pep was dominant the last couple of seasons and now it has swung to Liverpool, yet in both cases the clubs have invested significantly under top managers to get the best talents for their football styles.

Us, Utd, Arse and Spurs are all chasing (or trying) with untested or inferior managers or managers that have not got their types of players on board. 

I see Rashford has now joined Kane on the injury list as big players for our nearest and dearest that might cost our competitors for fourth some points as both are important for their respective teams.

Vardy's form has dropped too.

It's totally different ... Arsenal and Man Utd only lost 5 games each in the 2004/5 season when we won our first title.  Liverpool are watching nearly every single one of the normal rivals fall off the edge of a cliff at the same time ... look at the losses column out of 23 games ... already at the level you'd see for the Top 4 for a full season ...  City are the closest and have lost 5 out of 23 games ... I've never seen this so bad, and it's certainly a major factor in why they are so far ahead and "dominant" ...

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

It's totally different ... Arsenal and Man Utd only lost 5 games each in the 2004/5 season when we won our first title.  Liverpool are watching nearly every single one of the normal rivals fall off the edge of a cliff at the same time ... look at the losses column out of 23 games ... already at the level you'd see for the Top 4 for a full season ...  City are the closest and have lost 5 out of 23 games ... I've never seen this so bad, and it's certainly a major factor in why they are so far ahead and "dominant" ...

I think this FFP thing is kicking-in now and teams paying for missing out on the CL or paying too much for big name players that do not deliver. The other factor is managers tenure is not so long as before due to trying to get into CL qualification.

Another factor I think is players these days have more injuries whether this is due to the pace of the game or civilisation making kids weaker not sure.

• coco unpinned this topic