Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

And we are currently trying a similar project but its been 5 months and people are getting angsty [emoji846]

I think the key difference here is one had a proven winner and the other an unproven one.

That's why people are getting worried, I think no matter what happens three years is the minimum Lampard needs to get before the club even consider his position because you need time even if we miss CL for a few years and finish mid table it's worth getting a rhythm and identity going.

So both Manchester clubs won easily. Magic of the cup eh. Seriously the FA cup needs to be merged with league cup and be moved to midweek. It’s a sh*t waste of a football weekend. 

Edited by Zagger
1 hour ago, Zagger said:

So both Manchester clubs won easily. Magic of the cup eh. Seriously the FA cup needs to be merged with league cup and be moved to midweek. It’s a sh*t waste of a football weekend. 

Not sure about that though think the scheduling needs looking at where you have all three unbalanced matches all taking place on the same day.

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

I think the key difference here is one had a proven winner and the other an unproven one.

That's why people are getting worried, I think no matter what happens three years is the minimum Lampard needs to get before the club even consider his position because you need time even if we miss CL for a few years and finish mid table it's worth getting a rhythm and identity going.

Depends what identity you are after. Our accounts last year showed that doing without Champions League football severely hurt us financially. We simply can't afford a period without Champions League or we may find our promising youth players have grown into superstars at our rivals...a la Butch

And now you’re gonna believe us...we drew with Shrewsbury in the cup. 

Shows Liverpool are a Van Dijk injury from being bang average at the back. Next season they lose Mane and Salah for the African Nations Cup for 6 league games apparently so the race might be a little it more interesting. Doubt we’ll invest enough though to get in the mix.

6 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Lordy. Atletico are playing Leganes. The Leganes keeper was just sent off with 30 seconds to go for time wasting. Pretty much then refused to leave the pitch. 5 minutes of pushing and shoving. Leganes are last and desperately trying to hang on for a 0-0 draw. Atletico are terrible. Serves them right for paying for Morata (who did nothing btw)

I rarely watch Atletico Madrid anymore, their games are so boring. They seem to be scoring fewer and fewer goals under Simeone.

11 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Let's hope he plays a B-side and they go out as a certain part of the Kop faithful will not appreciate that!

Would like to think so. One things is the U-16 to lose against Villa away, another thing is to lose against Shrewsburry at Anfield where they haven't lost in over a year.

But they are on the verge on winning the first title in 30 years, so I guess they will not give a sh*t about it.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Klopp saying he won’t be managing the return tie against Shrewsbury. Unprofessional and poor taste.

I dont actually agree.

We were all asked by the FA to respect the winter break and not arrange freindly's or anything and there they are sticking 4th round replays during the scheduled break.

If we drew to Hull yesterday and Frank decided to do the same he'd firmly have my support.

Edited by Argo

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I rarely watch Atletico Madrid anymore, their games are so boring. They seem to be scoring fewer and fewer goals under Simeone.

Oh it was a bad game. If we thought we aren't creating chances. Morata sulking around doing nothing up front you can see why they want Cavani.

I feel bad for Saúl. Superb player, but everytime they made a sub he ended up playing a different position. Team should be built around him. Not have him shuffled around to fit in various players who don't have half the talent he does. 

17 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Klopp saying he won’t be managing the return tie against Shrewsbury. Unprofessional and poor taste.

Agree. He's becoming a huge sook these days.

How did Manchester United cope when they won the Treble in 1999? How did we cope in 2007 when there was a possibility of winning the Quadruple (we won the League Cup and FA Cup).

I despair at the younger generations who sneer at the FA Cup. In my mind, it still remains a prestigious competition and I hope we're going all out to win it this year.

Edited by Jezz
16 hours ago, Argo said:

I dont actually agree.

We were all asked by the FA to respect the winter break and not arrange freindly's or anything and there they are sticking 4th round replays during the scheduled break.

If we drew to Hull yesterday and Frank decided to do the same he'd firmly have my support.

Well, players can have the winter break, but not the skipper.

22 hours ago, Argo said:

Maybe if they’d taken the original tie a bit more seriously they’d be having a break. Should have respected the competition in the first place!

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

How the hell is it going to make any difference for Klopp to have a break from football?

If he’s playing youth players it makes more sense to let the guy managing them every week to take charge. He could at least put on a false facade and pretend to be in charge though. 

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Interestingly, Shrewsbury have played 36 matches this season against Liverpool's 38, with a much smaller squad obviously.  And I bet they have far worse travelling arrangements but you don't hear them complaining about tiredness.  My heart bleeds for Liverpool.

you know their line: Always the victim

Love David Squires - "The 2-2 draw was a cruel blow for an under strength Liverpool team (no Van Dijk, no Mane, no VAR)". And this. Absolutely true. It's as though other teams don't have to play lots of games and haven't had to in previous years.  The whole thing is here https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/jan/28/david-squires-on-football-fixture-wars-fa-cup-carabao-liverpool-manchester-city?fbclid=IwAR0YPoe0aClM-yq-f3KNUCivQI0bQ3puCwYwHBQhsOR9mO6gTet1o4Sp3rM 

image.png.e841a869137249d3535217e4333d4547.png

Which also brings me to Liverpool's slogan - "We are Liverpool.  It means more."   How f**king arrogant!! Who says that other teams don't care as much or more as they f**king do?  Every time I see that phrase it makes me cross!  

image.png.64b541233ef8389c1ba25e3d3970dab1.png

• coco unpinned this topic