Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:45, Jezz said:

Agree. He's becoming a huge sook these days.

How did Manchester United cope when they won the Treble in 1999? How did we cope in 2007 when there was a possibility of winning the Quadruple (we won the League Cup and FA Cup).

I despair at the younger generations who sneer at the FA Cup. In my mind, it still remains a prestigious competition and I hope we're going all out to win it this year.

Totally agree.

The FA Cup, is still to me a great competition and well worth winning.

1 hour ago, robdog said:

Barca are supposedly offering silly money for Richarlison. I am sure if there was any truth to this rumor, Everton would have sold him for all of that cheddar.

Apparently Suarez got injured and now they are looking for anyone to sign...They already tried to sign Yedder, Rodrigo, Tadic and it was rejected as well. If I'm to believe in everything 😄

30 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Meanwhile we need signings like no other and we aren't even budging... 

Bruno Fernandes was probably exactly what we needed in midfield. He assists a lot and his goal scoring record is brilliant. I just hope the Premier League is too much for him and he flops, but I have a feeling that he is going to be an excellent signing for United.

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I've always thought he was very overrated myself. 

Same. Even with the amount of goals he scores, I find every other part of his game to be average. The amount of mistakes he makes because he can't sort his feet out is comical. For me, he is one of those players that people rate highly because he has so many other good players around him. I think he would be sh*te for an average team and lucky to score more than a handful of goals a season.

This is something that isn't unusual to see from Sterling, it happens quite often.

De Bruyne is a simply fantastic player. Everything he does oozes class. Easily the best player on view. Someone will say he didn't really do much. By his standards maybe. By anyone else's he was simply sublime. His touches, his passes, his vision, boy what a player. He makes everything look so simple. One of my favourite players ever. 

Utd? With 2 minutes remaining on the clock they got a free-kick, right outside the box, central, dangerous. A great opportunity to score the goal they needed. Mata was on the pitch. Fred took it. If that doesn't tell you Solskjaer isn't up to it nothing will.

29 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Utd? With 2 minutes remaining on the clock they got a free-kick, right outside the box, central, dangerous. A great opportunity to score the goal they needed. Mata was on the pitch. Fred took it. If that doesn't tell you Solskjaer isn't up to it nothing will.

This isn't the first time Fred took a crap free kick. I thought Brazilians were supposed to be Great at taking Free Kicks. Dude is giving Brazilian Footballers a bad name :Troll_Face:

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Same. Even with the amount of goals he scores, I find every other part of his game to be average. The amount of mistakes he makes because he can't sort his feet out is comical. For me, he is one of those players that people rate highly because he has so many other good players around him. I think he would be sh*te for an average team and lucky to score more than a handful of goals a season.

This is something that isn't unusual to see from Sterling, it happens quite often.

Very good at scoring goals, but besides that he's very overrated. I actually think he's a very frustrating player especially for England, has a tendency to make many mistakes. 

I see this differently, it is his work rate in forward areas combined with his ability to score goals that keeps him at top clubs.

Sure he misses a few yet can link up with other players at pace and run at goal. His athleticism always presents chances too.

It would be interesting to see how many sprints he does, I recall seeing that Willian did the most in one match at 14. I would think Sterling's would be higher.

• coco unpinned this topic