Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

29 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It is beginning to look like he is worse than Mourinho on that point.

He's supposed to be David Silva's replacement, yet he won't even play him when Silva is injured... What in the actual f**k, if Foden thinks he's getting game time next year he's a buffoon, he needs to leave ASAP. 

30 minutes ago, Zagger said:

Burnley better not be giving me hope only to collapse in the second half. Seen this scenario before only for United to make a come back even in their post Fergie sh*te days. 

Get in Pukki. 

0-2 Burnley now.

Spurs won...boo

9 minutes ago, Zagger said:

Gollum’s last stand tonight you would think unless they pull off a miracle comeback. I’m hoping he’s still manager come our game with United but it looks unlikely now.

He isn’t going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

The Premier League this season has pretty much picked up from how last season ended, none of the teams chasing 4th place actually want it. 

It seems that way right?

I mean those two big performances at Spurs and Arsenal are what is keeping us in 4th right now rather than chasing after Spurs. It is amazing to think with our issues scoring goals an keeping them out, losing to dross like west Ham, Southampton, Newcastle and, worst of all, Bournemouth that we are still in the top 4 and should be 18 points clear of 5th place even now. Just those 4 easy games we could not even score in and we would have a Liverpool like lead over those chasing us. Lol.

Despite how poor those chasing us have been, bar Sheff United that is, I still think we will have to do much better to hold on to 4th. One of those or Wolves will put a run together if we are not careful.

So I guess we need to cheer on Liverpool tomorrow...again...I feel dirty...

25 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

one consolation we have is we are not Man United

No...but we have the same problems....no consistency, can't score, can't put teams away, get beat by teams of lesser quality. I guess we are the best of a bad bunch right now.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

It seems that way right?

I mean those two big performances at Spurs and Arsenal are what is keeping us in 4th right now rather than chasing after Spurs. It is amazing to think with our issues scoring goals an keeping them out, losing to dross like west Ham, Southampton, Newcastle and, worst of all, Bournemouth that we are still in the top 4 and should be 18 points clear of 5th place even now. Just those 4 easy games we could not even score in and we would have a Liverpool like lead over those chasing us. Lol.

Despite how poor those chasing us have been, bar Sheff United that is, I still think we will have to do much better to hold on to 4th. One of those or Wolves will put a run together if we are not careful.

So I guess we need to cheer on Liverpool tomorrow...again...I feel dirty...

The quality is the worst I have ever seen. There are so many bang average players, and a lot of them are playing for top sides. I can't think of a single game I have seen this season that had top quality football throughout. It's just rubbish, it's not even entertaining anymore. 

You see so many basic errors now that you expect to see from Sunday league teams, not professional footballers. Most players can't even swing in a decent cross these days, or make consistent clean passes. Every game feels so scrappy and full of mistakes. 

Just now, sonic90 said:

We just cling on lol, for at least 2 or 3 more games in the worst case. PL best league in the world my arse

It's sh*t, but at the same time, I look around at the rest of Europe, and it isn't much better. I don't even think Liverpool are that great really, and they are probably the best in Europe right now. 

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

The Premier League this season has pretty much picked up from how last season ended, none of the teams chasing 4th place actually want it. 

Tbh! That's close to what I said in the league prediction thread earlier. Everyone challenging for top 4 is so poor that its almost impossible to tell if the tables will remain like this or they will change. Last season, for example, I didn't think we were going to finish 3rd but everyone was so sh*t it turned out to be a good chance once we were able to pull just two or three wins together. Ill be curious to see the point tally at the end of this season compared to last season for everyone below city and liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

It is genuinely looking like this Liverpool side is going to end up with 37 wins and 1 draw from 38 games. Everyone else is so bad, no-one looks likely to get anything from them.

Wolves could still get something out of tonight's match ... only 1 goal in it ... already missed one sitter in the first half ...

• coco unpinned this topic